I have Crohn's Disease. AMA

I have Crohn's Disease. AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IGVZOLV9SPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How often do you crohn in agony?

24/7. My asshole is a battlefield

Hey man try milk fermented kefir will sort you right out, I've got Crohns and it really helped.

Ive been eating yogurt alot to help create helpful bacteria in my intestine. Thanks for the advice tho i appreciate it.

i have crohn's disease too.
just got out of the hospital 2 months ago.
talk to me, Sup Forumsro

Sup dude. Im assuming you were on Remicade?

i was a couple years ago. stopped because it didnt do shit except make my doctor rich

i've had this shit since 2004, so i've experienced just about everything to do with it

Does your dick work?

including ED?

I feel. I just started my Remicade today. Im also on Imuran for a year. Colonocopy showed 5 ulcers in my small intestine so they wanted to hit me hard to clear up my inside quick.

yeah, but i've got a fistula that sends shit and undigested food through it when i pee

My father used to have crohns. Used to have to go to the hospital with him when he got his shit checked out. Ever since he started smoking weed he hasn't had problems. Went to get a colonoscopy and they said they didn't see anything crohns related. Try it out for a while.

Yes my dick works. Unfortunately I have 3 buttholes at the moment so I have to wear adult diapers, which isnt the most attractive thing for women.

can u just catch crohns? what, did you just shit out your intestines?

not ED specifically, but it's not as potent as it used to be. sometimes i lose my erection during sex, but it's not all bad, girls usually blame themselves and think they're not pretty enough

remicade was a joke in my case
no more effective than asacol
like taking a sugar pill

Crohns is hereditary

Well shit. We shall see how it works for me. My father works in the G.I. lab I am getting everything done at, so I'm in good hands.

1) i'm on parole
2) not a believer in anecdotal evidence

i just got out of the hospital, they cut me open behind my ballsack to drain an abcess. it's been 2 months, still draining. scared it's just what my life is gonna be now. i never leave the apartment. i rarely get out of bed. thing drips and drains constantly

it's hereditary, but it's environmentally triggered. so, you have the lloaded gun in your system from your genes, then you eat a fucked up diet or something and boom, welcome to a fucked up rest of your life

that's a blessing. prayers for you. it's a fucked up disease. if you're at remicade level you already know that though...

Dont worry. You will be alright. They drained one on me in that exact area the size of a baseball. I had a drain in and my dirty college roommate gave me an infection. 5 months later still draining but I work and go to school. Its humiliating for awhile but you get used to it.

how much intestine do you have left?

All of it. I had the option of getting a portion cut out, but I went with medicine instead of surgery. Already had 3 operations for this bullshit.

Were you ever misdiagnosed as having ulcerative colitis?

notOP, but i still have all mine.
my intestine is mangled for about 6 inches on the small side of the ICV valve, but they've never been able to get my inflammation under control enough to discuss surgical options.

Thank you man. Means alot. Fuck I've never recieved so much support like this before. Sup Forums aint all bad after all.

I have that too

You're going to die shitting yourself earlier than you would if you ate proper foods.

i went totally undiagnosed from 2004-2012.
went to sooooo many quack ass doctors and all they'd ever say is, "we don't know what it is, maybe it's crohn's, we don't know."
finally went to decent doctor in 2012 and he said fuck yeah you've got crohn's, you've got a pretty fucking serious case of it too.

good you still have yours. My aunt had the last part of her large intestine and rectum removed.

so much kek

Tbh I've eaten healthy my entire life. It was the stress of college that flared it up. My first operation was the day before move in day to my dorm. You can imagine how fun it was to carry a mini fridge up 4 flights of stairs with a tube in your ass.

this is true, but i've adopted an i don't give a fuck attitude.
i'm not suicidal, but i literally don't give a shit if i die right now.

OP here. Same

assholes a battlefield.

Sorry I am retarded and dont get the reference.

people tell me all the time that i have a healthy perspective on life because everything just rolls right off me.
i just think,
>"motherfucker, i've been shitting ten times a day for over ten years. i've been through more pain than most people can imagine. and your bothered by something pseudo-political that somebody said or did? fuck this life. who thee fuck cares?"

youtube.com/watch?v=IGVZOLV9SPo

I feel for you Sup Forumsros. My mom has Chrons and that shit is no joke.

I am so happy someone else has the same outlook as I do. All i do anymore is tell people to fuck off because they are so ungrateful. People will bitch about how they are vegans and shit while I actually need to alter my diet to live, not because I'm a tumblrina.

OP here. Sending prayers to your mother. Hope she is well.

i used to love food. i used to LOVE food. i'm so skinny now, i can't stand the thought of eating, it's just gasoline i have to put in my engine to keep going. literally don't even care what i eat anymore, as long as it's something that'll fuck me up less than the other options...

I still enjoy eating, but I do worry about the after effects. I have lost 35 pounds so far. I'm 5'9 btw

My mom had it and then this drug humira pretty much cured it. Could look into it..

why the fuck should i care

I know about Humira. I am honestly just following doctors orders atm.

humira's really similar to remicade. same family. remicade didn't do shit for me, pretty sure humira's what they're trying next, don't remember what the doc said, i gotta go back next week

I see what you did there.

How did you develop it?

Hey OP. Sorry to hear about your case. I've been struggling with severe irritable bowel syndrome for 5 years now. I wasn't able to eat or drink anything without then having explosive diarrhea. So I simply took pepto bismal twice a day everyday for two years while I was in uni. After graduation I decided I needed to try and do something. Went to two family docs and did blood tests. Everything fine..

Then went to a private practise naturopathic doctor. She gave me pro biotics and some anti microbial stuff. Also got tested for food allergy which came back with me being allergic to 280 diff foods. Her theory was that my intestines were so inflamed they weren't profucing eymzymes anymore.

Skip ahead to today. I still take probiotics everyday as well as slippery elm to hell coat intestines and reduce inflammation. I only have stomach problems about every 1 in 10 times of eating. Which is better than the 10/10 it used to be.

Anyways I keep asking my family doc to do a colonoscopy and he refuses to do it.

Question for you, what warning signs should i be looking for to know if its chroans or not. I dont have any blood in stool. And no undigested food.

You have to adopt a sense of humor when you get Crohn's. Otherwise you are depressed 24/7.

>Im annoumous so im guna be an asshole on the interenet!

ur edgy m8

a sense of humor or a deep and true apathy

Crohns is really tricky to detect externally. If you are having inflammation due to certain foods, I would seriously get a colonoscopy. Find a doctor who will do it. You do not wanna prolong it. I had a pelvic mri, colonoscopy, and endonoscopy before they confirmed it as crohns.

True

my father has it. 50 old and still can care for himself. Though not quite well enough to hold a job.

you shouldn't until you get it.
which there's a good chance you will... you're white (right?) male? you eat a modern grocery store diet? yeah, you are the demographic. i hope you don't get it, m8.

I work at a Best Buy and I am running to the bathroom every 30 minutes or so. It just kinda falls out and that is my main fear at the moment.

if you have crohn's your blood test should come bac with some strange readings saying that you have "active disease". i don't know the medical vocab, so i can't tell you which ones, but that's what they always tell me after my blood tests...

This man speaks the truth. I am a dickhead to most people, but I could never wish this upon anyone. Im serious, it has made me wanna commit suicide on multiple occasions. You feel useless once you realize you have no energy to leave your bed and all you do is shit yourself and stay drugged up 24/7

I got gastroparesis if that helps user

Any sort of G.I. problems are welcome here. Crohns is the tip of the iceberg tbh

it's a slow process learning how to change your diet to avoid trigger foods. i've been doing it over 10 years and am still making adjustments. 2008 was the hardest year of my life. i had no idea what i was doing, diet wise. Life-wise, i was dying.

Hang in there. My mom is pushing 60 and although she has a limited diet and shits a lot she is still active. My worry is I'll pass it to my kids...

Its really hard to manage. Especially when you are going to college and the only thing to eat near you is a taco bell and pizza hut. I starve half of the time just so i dont explode

No worries, m8. The machines will take over and kill your children before they have to worry about Crohn's. Skynet and all that.

I wouldnt worry about the passing to your children. Even if you do, just raise them in a healthy lifestyle. They should be good if they stay in shape and eat right.

Do you shit your pants often in public?

i eat a lot of white bread and scrambled eggs. avoid as much fiber as you can. avoid especially "residue". indigestibles like bean skins, seeds, fruit and veggie matter. I won't even eat refried beans without running them through a blender first.

No. I just constantly drain. When I left from my colonscopy, I went to chick fil a and shit my pants while ordering. All i wanted was my damn nuggies and my ass erupted in line.

not often, but it has happened

i piss myself way more often. something to do with the fistulas, i suppose. my emergencies are almost always number 1 instead of 2. i think that's a blessing, but i'm not sure....

Had it ever leaked down your leg and leave a little trail?

OP here. You guys probably wanted to know what I looked like. Bon appetit

I, for one, welcome our new skynet overlords.

>doesn;t know Pat Benafuckingtar
god damn it.

if you're a pervert, fuck off m8

Listen it is 330 am and im on oxycodone gimme a break

Kek

alright that's what I thought. Thanks

No prob. Also don't stress about it. Thats exactly what flares it up.

Holy shit for real? Wouldn't that give you a massive urinary tract infection?

Is it possible to have a fistula or bad ulcer and not realize it?

i never ever post my pics on Sup Forums, but you inspire me

So is crohns like peeing out your ass every 10 minutes? Do you smell like shit all day?

I haven't being following and you look kinda androgynous. care to clarify?

Do you have a girl friend? Do you people with crohns have scat fetishes?

No not at all. Its not necessarily diarrhea, just soft loose stool. I bleed a lil because surgery holes. I don't smell because diaper blocks scent from drainage. I very rarely have an accident in public. Colognr always does the trick

when it first broke through i did have a bad UTI. they cleared up the UTI with antibiotics and it never came back. the fistula has never gone away though.

and you can definitely have a fistula without knowing it if it doesn't connect to the outside. you'll know something's wrong becausse pain, but you won't necessarily know what. before mine broke all the way through i was in pain for months while it slowly ate its way through my insides. had no idea what was going on, thought i was dying.

Nah im a dude. Just always looked young. Im 19

I dont have a gf at the moment. And no, we are the least likely to have a scat fetish. We see shit as the pure essence of evil.

Noice man. Stay strong

what? dude your fetishes and your medical conditions aren't connected. what planet do you live on?
i'm sure some people with crohn's happen to have fetishes, but not because they have crohn's... because they're fucking weird, Sup Forumsro

No bro they are connected.

they're connected exactly as strongly as my dick is connected to your lips.
>do the math on that

Damn lmao

you will probably fill out in the next year then. I was pretty androgynous at that age too.