Go do a school exchange year in Mexico

>go do a school exchange year in Mexico
>everyone calls me Chino

Why are Mexicans so racist and call all Asian looking people Chino?

Hi

That happens everywhere in the Spanish speaking world desu, from Spain and Mexico to Argentina.

Mongolia and China are very close, they didn't make too much of a mistake

At first I thought they were calling my Gino until I started understanding a bit of Spanish and realised they were calling me Chino

do they use the word "Chino" as an insult?

Argies called me Turco :(

Kek. That's even worse.

Mexicans are racist by nature.
We call Americans gringos and asians chinos; blacks are negros and brown Mexicans are prietos or negros as well; sometimes we call them indios when we want to be extra racist.

We're all a bunch of hypocrites for getting mad at Trump and many people know it, we just don't care. We can all be racist towards everyone else but God forbid a foreigner calls us names.

haha no, you mexicans are just racist as shit

Not really

It is just a nickname, like "wero".

If you say so.

Negro is not an insult and neither is gringo, god damn, you are a fag. Not to say that we are not racists, we are, but those are not examples of it. Indio is though.

do you call us a gringo or a gabacho

>Use ethnic slurs all the time
>Totally not racist guys
Guess I should address all the Mexicans I meet as "spic" in the future.

Anyone with near Asian eyes gets called "Chino" no matter what here in Latin American.

Por que usas proxi si vas a ser tan obvio.
No.
How the fuck is Chinese an insult you twats. If I called you Finnish or swede would you be offended? Is russian or japannese a compliment?, what are these set of rules based on.
>Is racist cause you suggest they all look the same
Well call me racist then, I cant tell the difference between Asians the same way I can't tell the difference between Anglos, or I can't tell the difference between Africans or Slavs.

We use it as a nickname or banter or just because you look fucking Asian. It maybe look ignorant but you can't fucking tell me is offensive being called "Chinese".

'Tas pero REpendejo

>Por que usas proxi si vas a ser tan obvio.
ups, meant to

Negro is not an ethnic slur you fucking idiot, it literally just means "black". And gringo is also not an insult, just like "argie" and "tico" aren't. Also, I didn't say we are not racists, we are, but those are not examples of it.

Neither, "gringo" = American. Gabacho for some reason also refers to America "El Gabacho" = America (I have no idea why). Only Spaniards call you gabachos.

We do it too. And why woukd you go there?

The word 'negro' isn't racist by itself, it's the way we use it that makes it racist. You can say someone is negro and not be racist but most Mexicans use the term derogatorily. It's like a synonym for 'prieto'.
The word 'gringo' is also used offensively.

Again, it's not about the word itself; it's the way people use it to demean foreigners.

Terrible post
Not insults

>If I called you Finnish or swede would you be offended?
There's a difference between acknowledging someone is Finnish, and consistently addressing them as such rather than using their name.

MATANDO GÜEROS

>ethnic slurs
>slurs

t. PC shit
Gringo isn't an insult and the word negro in spanish doesn't work like the word negro in english

"Spic" is a word meant to unsult, "negro" or "gringo" aren't, they can even be used with kindness or in a cute way sometimes.
In English everything is an unsult, like "fatty", it's unsulting while in Spanish it sounds cute.

>some people use some innocuous words in a tone i don't like therefore those words are racist no matter the context
kys

I don't think you understood my post. It was actually the opposite of what you just said you stupid indio motherfucker.

They're not being racist, its just friendly banter or a nickname.

>We use it as a nickname or banter or just because you look fucking Asian. It maybe look ignorant but you can't fucking tell me is offensive being called "Chinese".

God damn chino.

This

why?

You are an idiot, the way some people use some innocuous words doesn't make them racists. And this is what you said.

- Beaner is an insult no matter the context
- Nigger is an insult no matter the context
- Centraca is an insult no matter the context
- Mejinarco is an insult no matter the context
- Sudaca is an insult no matter the context
etc.

- Negro is not an insult, and if it is used like it, it depends on context. Most people don't use it as an insult, and it can be used in an affective manner as well.
- Gringo is not an insult, and if it is used like it, it depends on context. Most people don't use it as an insult, and it can be used in an affective manner as well.

In Brazil we call all asian people "japa".

you're just paranoid about your own racist past and present, we're not racist, because no one takes racism seriously in here, mestizo countries don't give a fuck about races, therefore we joke about it without concerns

what's turco mean? turk?

>no one takes racism seriously in here, mestizo countries don't give a fuck about races, therefore we joke about it without concerns

Jesus Christ this delusion lol.

this thread has taught me latin americans are racist so they shut stfu and stop being hypocrites and complain when someone is racist about them

This is what I just said you stupid motherfucker.

The word nigger is not racist by itself because it is used in a brotherly fashion sometimes. We mexicans call people 'negros' to demean them for being brown even though we sometimes use it as a joke.

The fact that we use ethnic slurs as a joke sometimes does not mean we don't use them to discriminate against others.

People often say 'pinches gringos locos' whenever Americans do something that clashes with our conservative Catholic values. Others get mad at ´güeros when they visit our country just because they look white and don't speak Spanish.

first of all, you see shit everywhere because the shit's in your eyes; second, the ones crying about racism are your own sjw and the chicano/any diaspora within your countries; we "real latinos" hardly cry about it, because we like black humor; we only complain when the intention is clearly to insult or despise

It means turk but it can be used for any muslim-looking dude.

>because we like black humor
what's your favorite dark comedy

I mean in our daily talk/banter

Oh. Well anyway, try In Bruges or Kiss Kiss Bang Bang if you guys are into that sort of nice humor. Both very good movies.

I will actually give it a try, thanks

You are saying that words that are not racist and weren't meant to insult become racist. They don't become anything just because racist people use them. People are racists, those words are not.

This burger is right

If you want to end up with a split head go ahead

pinches chinos

>pay debts intensifies

Chino, Negro, Gringo etc. are not insults in latin america

pero mejor que los CHI seguro están

Pinches gringos drogadictos se mueren sin la coca que les mandamos. Con más razón los negros traficantes que viven de eso. Igual que los indios prietos pobres que tenemos que prefieren las drogas a salir de jodidos.

no, it's a nickname. Better than the retarded nicknames mexicans come up for each other.

When I was in Chile I was a gringo though.

They either thought you were American or just didn't care.
Gringo = American
White English speakers = Americans
Ignorance, yes.

Nosotros no le decimos "negros" ni a los delincuentes, gente pobre, ni a la gente de los barrios bajos, esos son los argentinos.

Where I live, being of another race is like the best thing to make you "cool". All the black kids, Asians, Hispanics will get more friends than any white guy here.

>Latinos don't realize most of them are crypto Asians or have an ancestor that got riced

>unsult

The "i" and the "u" letters are close to each other

He did it twice.

The word for "insult" in Spanish is "insulto", so I am pretty sure this is just a typo regardless of that.

Stop defending tejas.

but you are WHITE

term of endearment

Why do you lie, Jorge?

Look who's talking.

every middle eastern guy gets nicknamed turk

It's a lot like Muslims in Sweden, they complain about racism all the time but they're the most racist people in our country.

I see a bunch of Mexicans responding to you claiming it's not true, but of course ''gringo'' is a slur. You're a good guy. And if most mexicans were honest like you half your problems would go away.

mexicans are naturally racist

Especially towards black muslims man. There's always this dissonance of "be good to your fellow muslims" then gulf arabs shitting on non arabs. Countries that contain people's with so much pride or self importance that they can't put themselves in others shoes can't pay anything forward.

That's shit tier banter though if you can call it such.

>The word nigger is not racist by itself because it is used in a brotherly fashion sometimes.

Now nigger is straight up racist. Blacks get in trouble for using it to talk shit about other blacks) one guy got sued for calling his cleaner as such) and them term is still negative as fuck and Nigga does absolutely nothing to lift the negative connotation.

>tfw no mexican buddies irl
:c