Making a 2D MMORPG

>Making a 2D MMORPG
The thread: Cooking Edition
Answering all questions

FAQ:
>What is this game?
A fantasy online roleplaying game I've named Old World.

>Where do I play it?
It's not released yet, I release test client builds on stream for people to test from time to time.

>What's your stream?
I'm only posting it if there's enough interest, otherwise it'd be blatant shilling

>Will it be free?
Yes.

>Will it be pay-to-win?
No. This is a free-time project, which means i'm not expecting to make much money out of it. The only payment option that will exist is donating for VIP membership which gives you a shiny badge next to your players name along with some extra quality of life features, cosmetics and a few areas.

will i be able to put my willy into anything

need a guy with basic programming skills?

sure why not

Not really, sorry mate but thanks for offering help
Here's a free mei for your kindness

This is garbage. The pixels are resized to too many different scales and don't match. You didn't follow a pallet scheme so the colors look like shit and the colors you did pick are like, the mspaint defaults. Way too fucking vibrant and cartoony. Also everyone and their mother has made a pixel indie game, learn to 3d model/texture and program in c#/java. Don't just copy off of game maker engines.

>The pixels are resized to too many different scales and don't match

Where? (aside from interface shit like names and health bars)
For colors, you're right. I'll get around to picking a color scheme when I start remaking tiles next time.

Also, this engine is made in C# with XNA/Monogame library.

>Don't just copy off of game maker engines.
what did he mean by this

When do you expect the beta for the game to actually be playable

Not sure. Whenever I feel like the game is playable in terms of character progression, bugfixed combat and enough content for serious testing

>pic related, working on cooking with recipes using ingredients

Pretty good OP, I've recently gotten myself onto sololearn to learn C# and I'm progressing quite well. I hope you make it someday. I'd personally like to get a copy someday when you've finished it, love supporting my fellow anons. Good luck.

Keep learning mate, OOP programming is really fun. Also, the game will be free so you won't have to buy it.

I read the FAQ, I know its free. Will you keep the name 'Old World' or do you think there's a chance it'll change? I'd like to be able to recognize the game to be able to DL and play it somehow.

Probably won't change. 99% sure.

Sweet. Wellp, I rolled evens before this thread, just went to take a shit and thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to check out a thread or two, so now I'm off to sleep. Take it easy OP.

This is pretty much runescape

Have a comfy sleep bro

What is in the game in terms of inventory? Also: base building? Decorate some house? That would be awesome for pixelart

Inventory: 35 slots
There will be wilderness maps where you can build bases in a very rust-inspired fashion, but in 2d of course, that, along with player-housing in safe towns. Furniture item types will be placeable both in your house and in your wilderness base.

Awesome! Any chance i could get my hands on a test build?

Go on my stream. I release test builds from time to time. I'll be releasing one today since the old client crashes because of newly added SFX.

>link:
twitch tv/oldworldrpg

I'll be keeping an eye out for this, OP.