You guys pumped for Star Wars Episode 8?

You guys pumped for Star Wars Episode 8?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q_n8FRILoYE
youtube.com/watch?v=nzAZQrOoAwA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You mean the movie about a magical tree which gave birth to the darkside because a boy killed a girl and now this girl has been reborn in Rey as Luke tells her she was the real Chosen One and Anakin was a mistake and never was?[/spoiler

Actually, kind of. It'll either be a rehash of 5 like 7 was of 4, or it'll be all fresh. Either way, it'll let me know whether the rest are worth getting hyped for. 7 played it way too safe, so this will be the chance to see what they're actually planning with the new franchise.

Will they continue to play it safe, end up making it terrible without the safety net of remaking a movie, or will they make the rest of it all worth watching?

post better one

>Retconning the lore so that their OC Donut Steel strong woman is the real chosen one
Bad signs

Jews are a matriarchal society that denies the divinity of Jesus and are showing all of these false saviors to prepare the world for the Jewish messiah who is the anti-Christ.

I'm willing to cut a bit of slack there since JJ Abrams has been trying to pull that "Introduce cool character then oops - turns out that guy over there is the real main character!" for decades now and hasn't had a good chance. He couldn't pass up doing it twice here.

I can sympathize because one time I ran a tabletop game where halfway into the first session everyone died and it turned into a Mummy game instead. It was amazing.

>tree being the source of magic is more riddiculous then nothing being the source of magic
its a fantasy show, you know that right?

episode 8 already looks awful

>awful
you spelled fab wrong

FUCKING saved thnx user

so he's already leaked he dies in 8?

no. not after 7.

So Luke dies?

Thought the same thing.
He seems to insinuating that he won't be seeing the cast again.
Or is he somehow incapable of handling not being able to see the cast for a couple months before filming for Ep 9?

Say what you want about Lucas but at least the man knew how to hire a competent costume designer. This looks like Doctor Who shit

wut? script leaks?

>saying goodbye to the episode 8 crew

Looks like Luke dies in Ep 8 like everyone knew.

You mean ESB revision 2?

>You guys pumped for Star Wars Episode 8?
>After SJW Wars: A Newer Hope starring MaRey Sue
not at all

>nothing being the source of magic
The force comes from the Force planet you dipshit

here it is. Looks like Luke takes Rey to the location and then tells her the backstory

If the Force Tree is actually real I will give up on the entire fucking franchise. It is literally some EU shit. It is Splinter-of-the-Mind's-Eye-levels of terrible.

Fortunately I've heard that most of the leaks are wrong. I hope they are.

why does it sound like he's implying he wont be returning for ep9

But then you will be called a sexist misogynist for not accepting Rey as the chosen one and not Anakin

Mark will be seeing the Ep8 crew again in six months for an emergency marathon reshoot to try to save the movie from disaster.

>"I'll miss them all"
yep he's dead jim.
Oh well let's hope he has a battle with Kylo

>didn't give up on the entire fucking franchise
>after episode 7
why

because there was hope that based Rian who is a prequal lover would do Star Wars justice with Episode 8

You know we can all see that you're OP right?

If this shit is true I'll never say anything bad about the prequels again.

damn they already filmed it? what the hell have we done during this time? made posts and gone to work and shit, seemed just like yesterday everyone was just watching episode 7 and commentating on how bad it was/is

youtube.com/watch?v=q_n8FRILoYE

christ by episode 9 they're gonna ruin star wars aren't they?

Of course. Every film leaves over a year for post production.

The Warcraft movie was filmed 3 years before the release date.

You have to remember that the movie's filming isn't fully finished. They still need actors for ADR as well as booking schedules for possible re-shoots.

>implying anyone accepts anakin as a "chosen one"
prequels aren't canon

>prequels aren't canon
Fuck you and your non-existent wife's son

I hate when people just respond with a "no"

sorry JJ only the films done by George are canon.
stick to your generic flicks

reminder that Star Wars fanboys on suicide watch

GL was a good manager and qaulity control administrator he was just a mediocre director

Not to mention a godawful writer

You see wrong.

Are you fucking serious?

That's even dumber than Midichlorians

Underrated newfag

why?

>the state of this board

Sounds like they kill off Luke. He'll probably die to Kylo and Otis.

This. It will basically make the first 6 movies pointless. I actually don't even want to go see it now because I don't want to risk giving it a penny until I know.

>Anakin
>Never meant to be the Chosen One

Nigga he was born without someone dumping a load into his mom. Lucas wasn't even trying to be subtle with the Jesus/Savior allegory here

Face it. The writing in 7 wasn't any better. This is just an extension of that.

I'm not even a Star Wars nerd but I still consider RotJ the definitive ending. Still, I'll reserve judgment on whether this new trilogy should be canon until it's actually finished.

Are you honestly taking what he said literally? That's a true sign of autism, dude. You don't understand the comparison?

>as wasn't even trying to be subtle with the Jesus/Savior allegory here
Yes, but do you really think the jews, er i mean disney cares about the prequels at all?

You say that like Exdeath in Star Wars wouldn't be a great thing

>You guys pumped for Star Wars Episode 8?

After the disaster that was episode 7?

>If the Force Tree is actually real I will give up on the entire fucking franchise.
Franchise? We, humanity, make our own stories, multinationals like Disney made us forget that.
I don't consider Episode VII to be part of Star Wars, I choose the Expanded Universe instead. If enough people wake up, we'll return to shape stories as it always been since eons ago: we remember the good ones and forget the bad ones.

This would ruin Star Wars for me.

What's with all this shit about the Force tree? That thing is probably just Luke's home like how Yoda had that quaint little hut built into a tree.

one of the greatest posts I've ever seen

So they killed off Han and Luke next.

Don't need to kill off Chewie, 3P0 or R2 since they are just costumes, but Leia will be gone in 8 or 9.

I refuse to believe that until I see it with my own eyes. Talk all the shit you want about TFA it was no where near as stupid as that and I would like to believe someone at Disney would realize this and stop this fucking tree shit before it happened.

Are they trying to out George Lucas George Lucas? This shit is horrible

They've already included force trees in a recent Star Wars comic. They're building up to this.

This.

For anybody out of the loop, Force Trees are already 100% canon.

The REAL worry is whether the "Rey = Chosen One" is true or not. That is the one that actually shits on the established lore and essentially discredits everything that came before Episode 7.

What comic? Please tell me.

audience was majorly white males, I will die laughing if they did this.

Shattered Empire

>he didn't give up after TPM
>he didn't give up after AotC
>he didn't give up after RotS
>he didn't give up after TFA

No you won't

I was a little kid when the prequels were coming out, I liked them because of the lightsabers and the robots and the monsters. Nowadays I know how awful they are.

I thought TFA would be better than it was, and I was disappointed by it. However, I kept maintaining hope that Episode 8 would actually, genuinely be good, because Rian Johnson has actually shown some fucking originality sometimes unlike that hack Abrams.

I still do have that hope, but it can only exit to a point.

You retards talk about TFA every single day. It was just yesterday in y(our) faggoty unhealthy "lifestyle".

>Force trees

e/b/in

leaked Episode 8 music

youtube.com/watch?v=nzAZQrOoAwA

Leia will not die.
SJW's would freak the fuck out if a powerful woman died.

>This looks like Doctor Who shit
As a former Dr Who fan I agree with you.

>force cave in ep 5
>"Yeah, ok that's cool."
>force tree in ep 8
>"WOAH YOU CROSSED THE LINE BUDDY WHAT THE FU

>Empire cave was the source of The Force

The cave was a force tree.

Go look it's a fucking tree.

Why would anyone over the age of 19 "give up" after watchign TFA? Oh that's right you're just acting above everyone else over Star Wars of all franchises.

THIS IS SHOOPED I CAN TELL FROM SOME OF THE PIXELS AND FROM SEEING QUITE A FEW SHOOPS IN MY TIME.

TFA already ruined Star Wars

A

FUCKING

TREE

I've actually had a major Korra vibe from this shit. Like it's not only gonna be bad, it will all over previous movies in franchise.

The tree is the key to all of us

>mfw it actually is

Pumped for more Disney Wars shit? Nope.

Can you imagine if they reveal a God/creator in Star Wars?

I seriously do not know how I would take it...

The best part, is that you could actually argue that Lucas was trying to give some Sci-Fi credibility to his creation by putting just an extra layer of technobabble in there, seeing that his fans are constantly arguing with those Star Trek nerds. Surely they want more Sci-Fi in their Star Wars.

This? This is just intentionally doing the polar opposite of midichlorians, thinking it will be great because people didn't like midichlorians.

Is the force tree thing real?

I need to know. Thats avatar level of retardation.

Is there a correlation between GRRLPOWER characters and armpits?

Midichlorians aren't even that bad of a concept. They feed off Force energy so somebody with a shit ton of Force will have plenty of Midichlorians.

I don't know where people got the idea that Midichlorians were the cause of the Force and not just attracted to it.

Is this how the force works now?

This is just about on fucking par with Midichlorians...

>For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere!

Yes yes well done ,Yoda well done Yoda... however did I tell you about how the Force, the mystical universe binding energy field... was split in half because someone was killed next to an evil tree?

People said Lucasfilm denied it but I can't find any quotes on this and besides even if they denied it: the leaked images of the tree is here so what else does this tree serve? Someone said it is Luke's home which mimics Yoda kek I hope not.

Yeah, that's kind of what it sounded like to me too.

More like it sounded to me like they were basically muscles, or red blood cells, carrying and using the Force for you, instead of oxygen.
Just because there's a name put to them, doesn't mean it isn't you who's breathing when the red blood cells specifically do the hauling.
Same way, it's not you, who is strong with the force, and uses it, just because there are cells in your body that translate your will to the universe.

>evil tree
the tree isn't evil from what I gather. The tree is magical with knowledge (like the tree in the bible) and an innocent death brought that magic to turn wicked and this dark side was born.

Doesn't sound too bad if you put it like that

In Rian We Trust