Seriously, Americans, you are a rich country, why don't your citizens demand universal public healthcare?

Seriously, Americans, you are a rich country, why don't your citizens demand universal public healthcare?
It baffles me that poor Americans keep voting against their own best interest

>room and board
>literally the price to buy an apartment

cedars sinai is a rich people's hospital.. they can afford it

not that rich

Japan and Switzerland doesn't have universal health care so what's your point?

Universal healthcare is kind of a meme desu

It's awful in Canada

Fucking commie.

What tax rate the american government need to set to provide a universal healthcare for 300kk+ ppl? 80%?
People don't need a free healthcare when they can earn enough shekels to pay for it

Some of us tried.

The actual political science reason is that the American political system has too many veto players, which blocks reform

>Flint needed 3 years to solve the water crisis
>""""First world country""""

It is. I live on the border and our hospitals get a lot of leafs because they can't get the care they need in Canada.
The also come to buy our cheap milk and booze and when I used to work at a grocery store they made me angry. They'd be in line and I'd hear them laughing about our non free healthcare. But they can't afford to buy milk in their country so ha

That's a Bureacracy issue.

>and our hospitals get a lot of leafs because they can't get the care they need in Canada

Not surprised dude.

Our wait times for healthcare at at like 20 year all-time highs right now and every single year record breaking numbers of Canadians travel to the US for surgeries. And that's only for people who can actually afford to drop a lot of money on flight, accomodations and the surgery. Imagine how many are willing but not able.

I've heard some hospital wait rooms in the US have very high percentage of Canadians if you actually ask them where they're from.

private insurance is cheaper. since the majority of americans have insurance the majority dont see a need for "free" healthcare

Still something that shouldn't happen in a first world country.

Do you idiots really believe that free healthcare would actually work for a population of 300+ million people. Imagine the tax rates

b-bubt... muh country of 3 million can do it!

I have insurance.

When I was younger my family would just not pay the hospital. The hospital never does anything

This, fucking Europeans are stupid.

Plus I don't want to pay for someone else's health care.

China has a universal health care system and they have like what, 1.3 billion people?

I have insurance though, most people do, so it's against my interest to vote for something that would increase my taxes to help a minority of the population.

They already take some out for medicaid or whatever. I don't want them taking more.

I had $200k in bills years ago and I paid $2000 only. I'll stick with that.

De Facto the don't, the vast majority of Chinese use local doctors that aren't subsidized by the government

Economy of scale, US universal health care should be cheaper per person than a country with 65 million.

I heard that Canadians have super long waiting times at the doctor. Is this true?
Last week, i went to my general practictioner and i only had to wait 20 minutes. i didnt have an appointment either.

every tax payer pays into it, so the rate would be about the same as in other countries.
i mean, Germany and Sweden have similar tax rates, even though 8 times as many people live in Germany.
it would probably work out better in america too, because they don't have the "aging population" problem (due to all the mexicans), meaning they have more working age people.

>I heard that Canadians have super long waiting times at the doctor. Is this true?

Definitely true.

They tried to copy our system but forgot the key conditions that made it the best in the world

>universal healthcare
>ban everything dangerous or tax it to shit because muh health costs

fuck universal healthcare. I have a 90/10 plan and I want my cheap cigs, alcohol, lax gun laws and riding a motorcycle without a helmet