In zombies movies, why are there never any characters that wears full plate armor...

In zombies movies, why are there never any characters that wears full plate armor? You would literally never be in danger if you wore it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Agincourt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dosnt riot gear achieve the same effect

>he hasn't read the zombie survival guide

it could save your life one day kid

You can't run well, you completely exhaust yourself and get overrun by the horde. Mail, shark suits, or even leather clothing would be just as defensively effective and much less restrictive

Because there are no good non-comedy zombie movies, and comedies don't work well with rational thought.

why do they never move to cold climates and wait for the zombies to freeze or if a hot climate wait for them to rot

Where the fuck are you gonna get a fitting suit of full plate armor in the middle of the goddamn apocalypse nigga?

Despite popular belief, good plate armor isn't restrictive at all, and can grant you full mobility.

Plate armor that is restrictive is simply poorly made. However I agree that wearing it will exhaust yourself quicker.

I could go for hockey gear, the rough equivalent. You can pick that shit up anywhere, nigga.

Because aside from ordering online (not happening) they're no easy way to find some armour. Probably easiest in Britbongland where your local castle is going to have some laying around for reenactors or a suit on display.

>armour
>reduced mobility
I want this meme to die. This is a basic video but do some googling for yourself and try not to binge too much lindybeige
youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc

fuck, lad. this was my one

Hockey gear and metal armor ain't nearly the same thing.

I guess theoretically the zombies might pile on top of you and crush you to death

No need for plate really, chain or even leather is enough to prevent human bites

it's just to have a story, if any character like that were to show up they would get killed by some bad luck to move the plot somewhere

how did these guys ever die? They're like walking tanks

Because most men back when armor was made were serious manlets.

Blunt weapons still work on plate armor, I forget the name of it but you can grab your sword by the blade and use the hilt to beat the shit out of your opponents.

So in the walking dead, a couple years have gone by right? Surely they can tell what season it is, right? Why do they stay in a warm climate where Zombies can be active year round? Why not just go north a bit in the winter where there's snow? Frozen zombies can't move....

If you hit them hard enough they die, or you can stab them in the little holes at joints or in their face.

Gaps in armor
Also they can be bludgeoned to death
Every Panzer has a panzerfaust

I found it, it's called half-swording

>tfw armour thread

Half-swording or half-blading iirc

Half-swording is what the guy on the left is doing. The guy on the right is doing a murder-stroke.

>that guy's eye peeking out from under his helmet like "did I get him? is it over??"

It's not that it's restrictive you dumbass, it's that you quickly get excausted wearing 50+ lbs of heavy armor, and don't even think you'll be outrunning zombies in it in the middle of the summer.

>I forget the name of it but you can grab your sword by the blade and use the hilt to beat the shit out of your opponents.

Half-swording.

The armor isn't as thick and as durable as fantasy suggests. Keep in mind that arrows could pierce it.

It's the other way around. Plate is much more resistant to piercing (which doesn't necessarily mean it's think) than in fantasy. In general, plate is basically immune to arrows. iirc only later-era longbows could pierce plate, and not deeply or at significant range.

pfft no they couldn't. The way people were killed is by being swarmed, knocked down, their helmet opened or removed, and then stabbed in the face with a spike.

Would only be an issue when you're unarmed or have no way of escape like climbing or shutting doors. For sprinting it's fine. You can argue the same for unarmoured as well, because people tire and zombies don't. If you're in a situation where all you can do it keep running, you're dead either way. And:
>dumbass
No need for that.

I live in Arizona. My internal organs would be cooked if I wore a suite like that. Zombies would be the least of my worries.

Samarui used more subtle levels of armour due to their apex-mobility. European knights were clumsy and lacking in precision. Armor plating was used to make up for their failure as dexterous fighters. A good folded katana could hack an armored arm off at the joint. Every "tank" has a weakness that masters should exploit. The art of war offers a great Japanese perspective on how intelligence factors into battles.

>it's that you quickly get excausted wearing 50+ lbs of heavy armor

full loadout in the dept with tanks full and an axe was 115 pounds and it wasn't that bad

when the weight is even distributed and properly harassed you barely notice

you are also literally in burning buildings vs a hot summers day

chain is heavier than plate

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Agincourt

>muh glorious nippon and their paper mache armor

The guy is an asshole but he's right. Full plate armor traps heat. If you were to wear it for an extended length of time, especially while exerting yourself, you'd cook to death.

I would wear a wet suit under it if possible, don't want any saliva, vomit, other random fluid geting through.

>mobility

arrows didn't kill anyone at agincourt. The french lost the melee against the english men at arms.

You know how football players can still get a concussion through their helmets?

Like that.

> a knight in the best quality steel armour would have been more or less invulnerable to an arrow on the breastplate or top of the helmet, but would still have been vulnerable to shots hitting the limbs

Jesus Christ, you fucking weab.

Kilij > katana, I've seen ultimate warrior, faggot.

Because where would you even get it

>A good folded katana could hack an armored arm off at the joint.

What? That's pure delusion, Japanese weaponry was never designed to take on foes like knights, they've been always accustomed to fighting lightly armoured opponents. Their weaponry adjusts to the immediate environment around them, like all other civilizations.

>Plate is much more resistant to piercing (which doesn't necessarily mean it's think) than in fantasy.
People also watch too much Excalibur. They were wearing lighter aluminum in that movie so the actors wouldn't drop dead after two steps.

tfw living in Sonora.
how do you fucks live in the desert?
if it wasnt for my job id get the fuck outta here

>guy on the right
MY FUCKING SIDES

Ninjas and samurais can beat up pirates and knights

>Wet suit + plate armor

You're going to burn up in that. Wet suits are made to insulate you in cold water, not walk around in.

b-b-but my animu and mango!

Phoenix is actually pretty manageable, weather-wise, for a good portion of the year. October especially is beautiful w/ temps in the 70's most days. It's just May through September that this place turns into Satan's oven.

Japs are fucking crazy at movie making, they actually bred giant humans to assist with Godzilla, when they were filming it

> good folded katana could hack an armored arm off at the joint
Name one example of this ever happening. Shitty fucking bait.

>art of war
>japanese

Against a sword or a mace, definitely not.

Against human teeth, pretty much. Just metal armor is heavier.

I ignored that point because I just wanted to wrap it up, but sure. If you don't have a safe place to strip down, then you're not able to sleep and you'll die anyway. But in a shorter timeframe, if you're fighting zombies every moment out of your safehouse you're doing it wrong anyway. If you want to walk through hordes all day spinning a flail, sure you'd get exhausted and drop, but using it selectively and opening up often should be fine. Like, imagine a standard zombie movie: 60% safe time, 20% easy killing, and 20% OH SHIT THEY'RE EVERYWHERE. Keep your front and back plate open for 80% of the time and strap up for clutch times. It's not flawless and the slight extra weight and overheating is a definite downside, but it's pretty good if you use it right. Shit, it's pretty hard to get a purchase for biting on the body and head, so just wear arm and leg fittings if overheating is a worry.

A lot of it is shit in that guide, fyi. That will get you killed in that situation.

I'd imagine plate armor would be useful as fuck, but you wouldn't be invincible. If you got swarmed the zombies could still knock you over and crush you to death with their combined weight as they either try to bite through the plate or try to get it off of you (depending on how smart the zombies are).

>says it isn't restrictive
>shows a video that illustrates that it is restrictive and they have to move slightly differently to get things done as well as have obvious ranges of movement they can't do.

Nice counter argument, moron.

lol, you amerifats are so fucking stupid

because plot armor is less heavy than plate armor

effay af

nice bait
Samurai usually fought with spears and bows, Katanas were rarely used

Full plate was prohibitively expensive so the only people who used it were noblemen who were more valuable alive. By the time it was advanced and cheap enough to produce gunpowder and crossbows effectively countered their use for the common soldiery, so you'd normally just see a leather jerkin with a breastplate and nice helmet well into the 1600s.

umm im going to have to disagree with you

I have seen ALL of samurai champloo and kenshin and they always used katanas

Katanas are shit, and you should feel bad for being a weeb

katanas can't even cut through mail, much less plate armor

stop with this fucking delusion you weeb

>Samarui used more subtle levels of armour due to their apex-mobility.

No, they used armor made of lacquered leather and wood instead of metal because Japan has shit iron deposits. They literally had to cultivate iron from sand most of the time and saved what iron they could for forging steel only their weapons. It's also why they have to 'fold 1000 times' bullshit. Their iron was so shitty their smiths had to put in much more work than their European counterparts in order to make their steel up to par with Eurpean steel.

Europe, on the other hand, has/had rich as fuck iron deposits and thus could forge steel faster and in massive quantities and could afford to make armor out of it because they could produce so much.

Nowhere in the video did it show the armor being restrictive, are you fucking retarded?

I would call it pedantic to argue that point. Moving slightly differently isn't a downside, and the difference in terms of common movement like running and climbing isn't there. You can't fully lift your arms in some armour and you can't take a wide stance in others, but that's about it. In terms of all-round movement, yes it's restrictive. But in terms of the actions you're going to be doing in zombieworld, no it's not restrictive.

>moron
Stop being mean.

someone doesn't know shit about armor

doing backflips and somersaults in zombieworld is key to your survival, idiot

>weakest spot is literally his crotch

Tell me user, what is your experience with wearing plate armor.

How many battles have you been in over your life?

Do you have experience and training in wielding katanas, morningstars and scimitars?

How many years have you been training as a skilled warrior in medieval combat?

>Autistic sperglord (user): "Um,ummm, errrh, (his cum-crusted cheetos rattle off his crotch), dooo, waahhh mommy!!!!!!!"

That's right user, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, so shut the fuck up bitch.

He probably wrongly interpreted the clip at 1:14 as pointing out restrictiveness in armor

but I believe autism makes people struggle with listening and reading comprehension, so that is likely the case with him

Wow nobles must have been like gods in battle. Bigger because of diet, better fighters because of training, horses, and plate armor

Some of the stuff (like the Home Defense section) is pretty great

Other stuff is fucking retarded
A katana is a terrible choice
A shaolin spade is retarded but I suppose it'd be effective

Also, full plate armor is actually not that heavy, since its weight is distributed across your body.

That said, it's not exactly quiet, and it'll get pretty damn hot if you're in the sun a lot. If you're in a warm area you'll fucking die from heat stroke - but if you're in the snow or in somewhere like Canada or England it could very well be a great choice

Not that you really need full plate - you'd be fine with just some PVC pipe or something

They were. Then guns came along and any retard that could point a gun became just as deadly as anyone else.

Good luck carrying all that shit. Also good luck finding spare parts for the TAR

imagine getting into battle with a sharpened hoe and barefoot and see a motherfucking knight killing people left and right with a mace and coming at you like a freight train with a boner codpiece like that

Step 1: Spot fancy Germanic "Holy Roman" knight in full armor.
Step 2: Charge at full gallop yelling obscenities about his mother.
Step 3: Smack him at full speed with the spiky part of the hammer.
Step 4: Watch as you drag him right off his horse at full speed and Christopher Reeve him.
Step 5: Repeat until all Germans are dead or paralyzed.

If these steps fail or your target is not on horseback: use the flat end on him and pretend you are a child with a toy xylophone. Just keep smacking till he breaks.

>Wow nobles must have been like gods in battle.

Might've been. But, I think, most of the time they kept to the rear and commanded from safety.

>but if you're in the snow or in somewhere like Canada or England it could very well be a great choice

Yes, because walking around sheathed in metal as cold as the air conducting all the heat away from your body is a great idea.

Metal clothing in the cold=bad

Watch the video that posted, it completely busts the myth that plate armor is slow.

You're logic with needing first hand experience to obtain knowledge is pretty dumb though. If what you say is true, then we can't have ancient history classes anymore, since no one from that time is alive to talk about it. There are things that are called books, we read them to learn things.

Yes because you'd be completely naked under the armor, obviously.

The only sane course of action is to join him.

Wow, you sound like a battle hardened veteran knight. Please impart more knowledge and wisdom to me from your La-Z-Boy recliner, you fat sack of shit.

whoever wore that was a tall cunt

>you're

balls

I didn't know medieval knights had a chastity fetish.

Manlet detected
Something about warfare methods from centuries ago triggers Sup Forums to no end. I wonder just what it is

other ways to win the zombie apocalypse:

>motorcycle gear
>shark cage
>stilts

Weapons tended to get longer and either pointier or more blunt as plate armor came into wide use.

Longer because: you generally need to wrestle plateguy onto the ground to kill him, so longer weapons were used for more leverage

More pointy: once plateguy is on the ground you use the pointy bits to stab between armor plates

More blunt: if armorguy is standing up you can bash him until his brains turn to jelly, then repeat MORE POINTY part

You don't just wear armor without clothing under it...

Because zombies have retard strength and would just snap you in half and eat you like one of your buttered crab legs.

ya its really dumb if you weigh say 240 pounds and done a full plate with plate gauntlets you can probably murder a small town worth of zombies and claim if for yourself. Zombie Fiction tho humans are always retards.

Yes, thats what the men did back then. Those same men also applied shit to their wounds because a big ol man in the sky told them to. We are the men of new and we can experiment however we want

I prefer plot armor desu

If zombies were really slow as shit like in most zombie stories any moderately trained person could headshot zombies at a very high rate. Anyone with a case of ammo or two could easily clear out huge areas within hours in nearly zero danger.