Amerifags

Amerifags

Is it true that if you don't leave a tip in a restaurant that the waiter will follow you out and give you shit about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MrQwN8JorDk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MrQwN8JorDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=MrQwN8JorDk

no they just give you a dirty look

no

they wont follow you out of the restaurant but they will remember you. that said, its highly unlikely that your food itself will be fucked with because theres too many people working in the kitchen (unless you piss off all of them), but you will get service that is noticeably shittier.

I know a couple waiters who did that

i was just gonna post that.

But EVERBODY tips right?

What about cab drivers?

I for sure don't tip.

I will say the tipping system is fucked up in the US but anyone who's ever had to work a shitty service job (and virtually everyone who isn't too young, born rich, or living off welfare has) will tip, usually tip well. The reason being, they understand the plight of the low wage worker, they've been there.

Also, servers only get like 2 dollars on the hour or something like that. Just enough to cover taxes so without tips, their paychecks would likely be an even 0. They aren't your slave, they are working, pay them.

Is it an easy job? Yes, very much so, but understand that they will also get the blame for anything that goes wrong in a restaurant. Steak not cooked properly, waiter gets the shit, any gripes about the food or the wait will likely be taken out on the waiter (and taken out of their pay via tips).

So if the waiter was competent. Give an even 20%. They say 17% is the norm but no one can calculate that without a calculator. Also, don't put tips on card, they will get taxed directly and the waiter will get significantly less, also their might be a tip pool situation that applies to card tips where cooks/managers/bus boys get a cut of that.

Everyone thinks we should go to the Euro model but fail to take into consideration that food in European restaurants (at least the nice Western European restaurants) is about 2 or 3 times the price of here, and you get a lot more food in an American restaurant. And if the service was shit in a Euro restaurant, you can't choose to pay less like you could in an American place.

I'll acknowledge that if the tipping system didn't exist it would be better, but since it does, it's only fair to do it....

If I go to America and eat at a restaurant and I want 100% of my tip to go to my server, can I write that on the receipt, or will they steal the money for themselves?

It WILL go to the server if you pay cash.... You can also opt to tip with credit or bank card but then it's officially gonna get taxed (cash tips aren't) and many nicer restaurants have a tip pool for cash tips (meaning all the other employees get a cut).

KEK

I dont tip probably give a dollar or something

im not poor enough to find out

Tipping used to be a nice way to help people out when they needed it during the great depression. But now it gives waiting staff an unearned sense of entitlement, it's not my fault your stupid employer abuses the system and pays you less than minimum wage. And whenever you hear someone pointing out everything dumb about tipping, there's always one smarky faggot who's like "Well I guess you never worked a waiting staff job before". Go fuck yourself, you know why I haven't worked a waiting staff job before? It's because while you were skipping classes, underage drinking and smoking, I was busy studying and choosing majors that weren't a complete waste of time.

Also the whole idea of "It has to be 15% of what you paid". Who came up with this hogshit? You didn't exert any more effort carrying out my more expensive food than the cheap food, why should I tip more?

Why?
What about the guy who cooked the fucking food you've just enjoyed?

the correct tip amount used to be 15% but because of inflation and the higher cost of the food you should be tipping us waiters 20% now. it's the only way we make a living. if you can't afford it, eat at home or fast food with your broke ass

Only at Korean restaurants

He's being paid a real wage, you inbred dicksucker.

No they would likely get fired if they did that.

Sure I tip. But only if I am the one who decides to tip. What I mean is I hate things like tipping jars, or tip sections on cheques. At that point they're acting like it's YOUR responsibility to tip. If the guy brings my food hot, with a smile and makes himself helpful at all times then he gets a little something nice.

Most places make servers pay out their bussers (the mexican dudes who pick up your dishes and do a piss poor job of wiping down the table). Tip in cash and the manager won't know precisely how much the server made in tips. If you tip on credit card, like another user said, mgmt knows the exact tip amount and it will be taxed.

> If you can't afford to pay me extra money for moving a plate from point "a" to point "b" you shouldn't allowed to eat out

The only reason not to tip is if it was obviously shitty service. If you just don't tip, you're an ass hole.

Your post is full of a lot of assumptions. Fucking hilarious that you used the word "entitled" since you're obviously and entitled, arrogant fuck who thinks people should literally wait on you for free because you got a degree in sucking penises behind a Jack-in-the-Box.

I got a master's degree in a very lucrative field, but I'm not out there shitting on everyone else.
Get over yourself, faggot.
If you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to eat out.
Enjoy your Hot Pockets.

> Guy approaches angry Italians asking for 15% of a $1,186 meal
> Thinks these angry, clearly violent guys are going to give him $178
Is he crazy?!

You have no hope of ever overcoming the vanity and pride of being an entitled piece of shit. People commonly have these jobs for, oh I dunno, fucking school.

>you should be tipping us waiters 20% now. it's the only way we make a living

>calls someone else a broke ass

That's ridiculous, the table wipers should be paid a wage. People tip for good sevice from the server, not a clean table.

American "culture" is really weird sometimes.
>hey waiter user!
>here, have 20% of the cost of my meal just for walking 5-8 meters and putting my food down on my table
Makes no sense.

>wait on you for free
No, I expect them to wait for their paychecks. If they don't like it, do something about it and don't pout like a child when someone leaves nothing.

> If you can't afford to do thing you don't have to do, you're now allowed to eat out
Oh and I do tip by the way. If my waiter busts his ass for me, I make sure he's taken care of, I'm talking about the fucks who think I HAVE to.

>If my waiter busts his ass for me
What the hell does this even mean? A waiter's job is to take your order, bring you your food and any extras you may want.
How do you "bust your ass" doing that?

This. Cook slaves over a hot oven, pours his care and effort into a dish, but because someone moves the plate across the room they get the tip instead. Just makes zero sense to me, what about the dish washers as well? I'm willing to bet they get paid shit too.

Want a tip?
>get a better job!

>People commonly have these jobs for, oh I dunno, fucking school.
fuck these people, most of them liberal sjws

This

I look forward to the day when robots replace all minimum wage monkeys. Seriously, go to school.

pretty much what other anons said. if the service is exceptionally good > tip more
if the server is attractive and hospitable/appropriately flirty > tip more
but you can basically find any reason not to tip - if the building is rundown/food shitty/service shitty
because tipping low will lead to one of a few outcomes - all of which are preferable in the case that your experience was shit

What do you think it means? When he does his job well and gives me good service to boot. "Hey I see your water is running low, let me get that for you?" "Hello, how are you this evening, would you like to have a look at the menus?" I've had this and I've had people just stick a menu in front of me without saying a word or even looking at me, guess which one gets tipped.

LOL dont mind them, is just liberal cucks using their buzzwords

It's become their only way of getting paid though because of cheapskate employers, and the bill is cheaper to account for your tip anyway.

Only if it's a huge group of people and it's a mandatory thing becuse of the giant hastle of a big party taking up all your tables all night.

>Real life isn't the supranos
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MrQwN8JorDk

HBO hive mind.

I hate it when they do all this, another reason why i dont tip. Makes me uncomfortable their facade of sucking my dick for tips

I rather they just hand me the menu and food and be done with it. I will fucking call you if i want a fucking refill dont you worry

You do realize servers make like $2.50/hr right? Tips are vital to them, the size of the tip should reflect how well the service was, but at least leave a fucking dollar.. Most of the time the only people who don't tip are people who have never worked anywhere, or yuppies who think that servers don't deserve it..

I worked as a server through most of college, those tips were a lifesaver.

Mr Pink was right.

>ITT
>fucking retards arguing.

being a waiter or waitress is an entry level job for kids in high school and college, tipping them is fine if they did their job well enough to not dump boiling coffee on your dick.

adults trying to "make a living" from the scraps left behind are as bad as panhandlers begging for change on the streets.

>TL;DR

aspire to be something greater in life and don't squander the opportunities given you.

No, they don't. They're allowed to pay servers so little because of the tip system..

fuck you, make the food more expensive then. This system is obsolete

>"Hello, how are you this evening, would you like to have a look at the menus?"
>"Hey I see your water is running low, let me get that for you?"
So you tip the waiter for being polite and courteous? That's his fucking job you inbred moron.
A smart restaurant owner knows people are more likely to come back to a place where the waiters are warm and polite, so he PAYS people to work at his restaurant and trains them to be warm and polite.

2.50 an hour! Hahaha stop working for the fucking Chinese man!

>hive mind.

>posts are an hour apart.

Well, that was when I was in college. In the mid to late 90's.. and i worked for Italians..

Servers at classy places make way more than minimum wage because of tips. It's ridiculous.

Here's my two cents:
> If you got the money, throw the waiter a bone and a handshake
> If you're a waiter be happy with what tips you get, even if it's a buck, because that's one more buck than they have to give you
> Some days will be bad, some days will be good, tomorrow is just another day
Oh and don't get upity when foreigners don't tip, it's an American thing, they're not tipping to be dicks 90% of the time. It's because it just wouldn't occur to them.

Yeah, it's stupid system, I agree. The tips are also shared with bus boys, so the servers aren't left with much.

Couldn't say OP, I'm a decent person and feel that tipping good service is mandatory.

That's a spicy meatball

Most upscale restaurants either pay them a normal wage, or have the servers pool their tips and spread it out evenly..

This, besides, I'm pretty sure employers have to pay you atleast equivalent to what you would have earned in min wage if you don't make up for it in tips. If this is the case, then OP/others should find a new job because people aren't tipping you for a reason.

In that case, I give the give them a few pictures of presidents. What's the problem here?

Which increases costs for the customers.

No they don't.

You being a retard and overvaluing a service, that's the problem.

About one year from my bachelor's of math. Conservative as hell, as well. I see how shit works. Also a server. People like you need to fuck off to your home's, no one besides similar assholes enjoy your company

I remember a few years ago a fucking gamestop had tip jars at their registers n i ask one of the plebs there why do you have them? His response cause management pays us shit! Then told me if i wanted to reserve a game or sign up for game informer! I just left my shit there n left..people are so fucking spoiled in today's world. .u think farmers get tips!

ITT: People who've never had a job to begin with talk shit about tipping servers.

Also, being alive today, in this world, how the fuck can you still believe the "work hard and you can be whatever you want" bullshit they fed us as children. That's not the way it works anymore anons, if any of you had any real world experience you would know that by now.

No, by the time the waiter sees there's no tip you're already long gone.

This.

>how the fuck can you still believe the "work hard and you can be whatever you want" bullshit they fed us as children
Remember when you were in high school and your parents begged you to study hard, build a future for yourself? Remember how you blew them off and did weed every day with your dirtbag "friends"?
You shouldn't have done that.

Working hard at a minimum wage job that requires no skills and has no chance of advancement isn't exactly what they were talking about retard.

>did weed

you're right, all those things absolutely led me to graduate college, own a home, and have a 401k.. all that because I did weed.

>did weed

That faggot got what he deserved.

Im not a pleb who eats food prepared by strangers so i can't tell you.

I'm aware of that, so is anyone else who read the goddamn thread and knew how that post came about.

Fuck tipping. You brought my food from A to B, like go fuck yourself. I could write a shitty list and give it to the cook myself, and get my own food. It sure as hell doesn't cost a scaleable percentage. 15% of a fucking 300 dollar meal? Fuck off. I'll pay 1-2 dollars like the uneducated bums who wipe windshields. Thats IF they get anything from me. Fuck em. Choosing a job and then bitching about it...what fucking idiots.

Not tipping is an asshole move in America because waiters make practically nothing from wages.

>because waiters make practically nothing from wages
Homeless people make literally nothing from wages and nobody tips them.

You know what the real asshole move is? Not making it law that they have to make minimum wage.

But then we have to charge you more than 12 dollars for 2 eggs, 2 midge strips of bacon, and a cup of orange juice.

>Getting paid to do a job
>Demanding 20% more for completing simple tasks
I don't beg or pester clients to pay me an extra 20% so why do waiters?
That being said, where I live they pay waiters a decent wage, unlike America

>implying he's not 21 and still living with parents..

then it sounds like restaurants are scams and should just die out huh.

Man, just look at what we pay our teachers, no wonder a good portion of us are idiots.

>expecting extra money only by moving plate from kitchen to table
Do you tip your mother at home when she brings your food to the table?

this

do you tip your teachers as well in usa?

Only if they provide exceptional service.

Kek, no..

But they don't make nearly enough to be doing the job they're doing.

Server here. I will add a couple bucks to the tip adjustment if a teenager stiffs me bc they never check their bill. Also, if people leave their phone # if they sign up for membership and they dont tip, then i spam their phone with shit anonymously.

Then order to-go you fucking idiot.

> Still charge the customer more
Then how come other places in the world outside the US can still pay their crew a good wage and still have regular prices?

>2 - 3 price
It's pretty much the same price. Some things are even cheaper. It depends on the country. I can, for example, get an entire normal sized pizza for 5 euro here while in tourist zones they're almost twice as expensive or much smaller. I can also get a 1.3€ hamburger 4 times the size of the McDonalds one with many more ingredients.

Also,
>just enough to cover the taxes
Why are the workers paying taxes and why are they so underpaid? 2 dollars is below minimum wage in most euro countries, so where did the meme "europoors" come from?

It's bullshit if it is. If your pay is low enough that you'd be mad about not being tipped, you should be cheating your boss, not your customers. What, you think just because I'm an upper middle class fatass and you're a little working class twig, that automatically makes my selfishness the reason you're poor? Look around you, kid. I may be richer than you, but there's a small handful of people up at the top who are richer than both of us, who got that way by cheating you and spoiling me, and you're working for one of them. Why don't you let me eat in peace and put your resentment where it belongs.

someone's got to do it mane

the world will always need people to do the shit jobs, we can't all have a career

Minimum is $8.50 here I'm pretty sure, and they pay them so little because of the tips.. it's fucked all around.

No

i agree, if the wages were so poor for service level jobs, then don't take them, fuck if they're so bad in the US then boycott the industry, with social media its now easier than ever. restaurants need servers and if they had no way of getting staff, they would have to increase the wages.
>inbf hurr durr i need muh jurb iz poor niggie
make a business, do something else, just dont complain if you get a job were the money you make is based on how shitty a day the chef is having

>1-2 dollars to windshield wipers
You know they make a lot of money doing that right? 1-2 dollars every time the lights change buys them a shitload of heroin for very little work. They probably only need to do it for an hour a day.