Who is the most overrated metal band and why is it Death?

Who is the most overrated metal band and why is it Death?

In terms of dm, sure, but you have so much better picks for metal in general, like let's say Metallica or Iron Maiden.

this

>Iron Maiden
consider suicide

How are they overrated ?

It's his autism speaking don't mind him.

Metallica
Dartkhrone
Electric Wizard

user, you're free to have your own opinions and listen to what music you want. But just know, your opinion has made me very sad.

Metallica by far. And of course the shit newer bands like FFDP or Disturbed or some shit.

Slayer.
Most thrash.
Municipal Waste

death deserves all the praise it gets, you are literally trying so hard to be contrarian right now

>he doesnt understand the innovations Death brought to metal
>he doesnt understand the sheer complexity of Death's music after like album 3

Honestly i just feel sorry for you

Opeth is the epitome of overrating
Death is simply flawless, deal with it

The correct answer would be Anthrax because it somehow became canon as one of the big four thrash metal bands

t. nu male

Yeah how exactly did that happen? I'm not ashamed to admit that I love the other 3 bands in the Big 4 but Anthrax has always been of a much lower quality to me. I always thought Testament was way better than Anthrax and was more deserving of the spot.

that's not metallica

btbam. . .

>darkthrone
stop right fucking now

I think it's really just because they got to bask in the glow of Slayer and Megadeth when they toured from 1990-1991 and hype for the genre was at its peak

i agree

Opeth is a damn good band, but some fans need to stop acting like Mikael Akerfeldt is some kind of musical messiah.

Death as a whole isn't overrated, but The sound of perseverance sure is

You mean Individual Thought Patterns, right?

Motorhead is overrated

Morbid Angel is more overrated than Death

Opeth is so hated by metal elitists that they aren't overrated anymore

Well he's not wrong in that Darkthrone is with Mayhem in terms of bands posers will wear a shirt of or brag about, but then you ask about a song and they say "the sacrilegious scorn" or "call of the winter moon"

I always thought this was the most overrated death metal band. At least Death has memorable songs.

>ctrl f
>black sabbath 0 results
Today Sup Forums wasn't gay

I really hate that a Mayhem movie is being made. More edgefags are going to think that black metal is trendy.

Iron maiden is amazing. Metallica is trash

Well, black metal is trendy

No, I meant The sound of perseverance

Wait are you guys talking about Human?

I'll probably still see it because it's mayhem, but at the same time I hate the people that went around the band to get it made. If anything, the movie might get people interested enough to check out other documentaries about black metal like Bill Zebubs one or that one in south america

human and individual thought patterns are the worst death albums

Scream Bloody Gore wasn't that good.

how do you feel about control denied ?
i think fragile art of existance is very similiar to sound of perseverance

dude what thats objectively wrong

>Comparing Iron Maiden to Metallica in that regard

Pls, ur half right tho

I love that album and some of their more "rock n roll" stuff but this is pretty true. Entombed and Obituary are the DM bands that hardcore punk kids love to obsess over for whatever reason.

I agree it's similar. My main criticism of TSoP is the vocals, and Control Denied is not better in that department.

Solid guitar and bass though

No, it isn't Mayhem. They're not even allowed to use the music. Hollywood is really running out of ideas if they think it's a good idea to make a movie about that boring old story. If you don't own any Mayhem or Burzum records, then you have no reason to care.

IT HAS SUNG VOCALS ON IT SO IT'S SELLOUT BULLSHIT

>Today Sup Forums wasn't gay

That's where you're wrong kiddo

Zombie ritual was the only good song. Leprosy is far superior.

Well in that case. . . well shit

i liked the vocals in control denied but sometimes they felt quite annoing

yes leprosy was better but still screeam bloody gore is still very good

Seriously, this is not a question of "elitism", I can listen to fag Metalcore or Raw Black Metal, what matters is the enjoyment.
To me there's no enjoyment in Opeth. Just bordeom.

I like Scream Bloody Gore a lot, its one of those albums I listened to over and over when I was younger

Hmm, interesting. I had a chat once with a guy in a cd store who was there to buy some Whitechappel and Attila. When I mentioned I was a fan of death metal bands like Death and Obituary he said "yeah, Obituary is pretty awesome".

Wolverine Blues was fantastic but other than that yeah I'd agree they're pretty mediocre

Death were a PUNK band.
These jokers with the same moniker aren't the real deal!

No, Sadistik Exekution is death. Fukk you.

opeth has one of the most original sounds ive ever heard and their riffs are fucking godly

Fukking savage

> implying DIJ isn't overly honorably mentioned among the metal scene

Metallica for sure, though some of their earlier material is great. See Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning

As far as Darkthrone and Electric Wizard go I don't know where I stand on your opinion because I like both bands a lot but I've never really met anyone who likes either except one guy who likes EW.

the fact someone made this picture proves opeth is crazily overrated

>Avenged Sevenfold intensifies

Death is worthless after Leprosy.

>ctrl+f
>Pantera 0 results
Seriously?

>Defined death metal, then defined tech-death
>Released 7 albums without a single major misstep

Highly-rated doesn't always mean overrated

>then defined tech-death
That was Atheist though

nah death are literally the most important dm band

really it comes down to the fact that they were able to so easily meld catchiness with early raw dm, and still retain it even through their "experimental" tech phase. not to mention they arguably created, or at least solidified, both genres.

but sound of perseverance does suck ass though, i'll give you that

mastodon
the sword
converge
gojira

basically all the lame as fuck pitchfork metal nu-males here always mention as the only good metal bands

isn't metallica doing the soundtrack? it's going to suck so hard, every single band in the scene said they couldn't use their music, also they got a jewish actor to play varg

nobody rates metallica m8, lars is openly laugh at for his shitty drumming, kirk is ok tho

>Implying tech death isn't 99% shit
>Implying Possessed and Necrovore didn't exist

>mastodon
Objectively, 100% truth. Dubs don't lie

what is a possessed

They could have paid any of us $2.71 for our bedroom black metal demo and had something that sounded authentic, fuckin kike fuck smegma fuck shit fuck mom's spaghetti fuck!