How do I fix this? Everytime I cut the ingrown nail out, it just grows back worse and it hurts to dig it out and cut...

How do I fix this? Everytime I cut the ingrown nail out, it just grows back worse and it hurts to dig it out and cut. I can't go to the doctor, I'm trying to save money. I've actually gotten good helpful advice here before, please help me Sup Forumsros.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ID3JvHECpYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think it's infected now because of the pus.

Pity bump

bathe it in slightly salted water a few times a day

you should let it grow, and when it's long enough, place a piece of cotton between the nail and the toe, that way you force it yo grow to the outside.
That or go to the podologist, it seems quite painful

don't cut the nail at an angle, that could make it worse.

first of all take a needle and use the fire to sterilise it, then find the area of the toe with the pus bubble and use the needle to make a hole, then squeeze the toe and make the pus out of your toe or it will get worse. when you think you are done with the pus, use merbromin to clean the wound and disinfect. once you are done wrap it with a bandage and wait for a day. the next day check again the wound and clean more if necessary, then use a new bandage. Do not use a previous used bandage, you need e new and clean one everytime

miner fix, but if you grow your nail out a bit and cut a V into the middle, your nail will grow towards the inside and not into your skin.

Hey user,

I used to have ingrown toenails all the time. It sucks man and I really feel for ya. You gotta go to the hospital man. More than likely at that rate youre gonna need some very minor procedure done.
I had gotten them so often that they ended up cutting off about 1/5 of the nail on my right toe/right side and put some chemical to prevent the nail from growing there again. Looks a lil autistic, but havent had the problem since. Been about ten years

soak your foot in as hot a water you can tolerate and take antibiotics if available

A general doctor should be able to fix this. They will give you a couple shots in the toe, cut it open, cut the ingrown nail off, and then put a little acid or something where it grows from. Then it will never grow back that way again.

I had it done and it hurts for a day max. You're stupid if you don't go to a doctor for this.

Get on Medicaid if you can't afford a doctor.
Don't want to fuck with an infected foot. You aren't going to save any money if you have to stop working because you got blood poisoning.

Holy shit dude. Unless you can perform surgery on yourself, you gotta go to the doctor to get that shit fixed.

i was dealing with this for half a year. after trying every possible home method i realized that at this point surgery is the only option.

I had the same problem. I almost cut my toe off trying to fix it. Hospital is the most effective solution.

I had this operation on the right side of my big toe

Then it happened to the left side... I can't stand needles so just putting up with it bouldering and everything

I've had some really nasty infected toes but never that bad dude. This needs actual medical attention. Your immune system is losing that battle pretty clearly.

It needs to be drained and dressed by an actual medical professional, and you need antibiotics

"I cant go to the doctor cause i am saving money"

'Murica.

Hahahahahahaa!!

Move to Canada/UK
Free healthcare

>shit i failed
THis is the link youtube.com/watch?v=ID3JvHECpYI

surgery is the only option had the same problem go before you poison your blood and lead to heart problems

Drain the puss out and pack it with alcohol soaked napkin until it heals

Murica land of the free. Unless that free is healthcare

Stop cutting it dumbass

watch out with the cotton, a single fiber down in there can sustain the infection.

how does it work in america? I mean with obamacare and stuff, can you have your toe helped without a insurance?

Actual Medfag here. I concur with this user. Depending on the area you live in you may be able to go to an urgent care. Call ahead and make sure they will help you and not just exam and referral with a bill. You could also go to a local health department if your lucky enough to have one that treats people.

hey bro I've actually been in the same situation, the best thing i can recommend it put something (tissue or paper) under the nail to where it will begin to grow above the skin. Because essentially the issue is the nail is growing into the skin, by lifting the nail up it won't go in there. Do this daily (yes it sucks) it'll get better. Hang in there dude.

Drill it with needle
Clean it
FUCKING POST MOAR PICS
and maybe a timestamp

This true? imagine the possibilities

Yes but it costs, even with insurance you still have to pay some of the amount, an "excess". Going to the doctors on some insurance policies still costs $25

and by best option I mean without going to a doctor

I had this problem until I removed my own toenails.

Yes. You can pay cash.

salty water, as hot as you can manage, for like an hour a day.

a little pressure after the soak should remove puss, and make sure to wrap it each night after the soak before bed

once the skin is loose from all the pus coming out, you can pull the skin back a bit to see what's going on with the nail.

at this point, there's usually a section of nail that is split off from the main bit, DON'T CUT IT or it'll just grow back at an odd angle and cause the problem again. instead use tweezers or pliers and yank the part of nail out. hurts like fuck but fixes all good

do miners get a lot of ingrown toenails?

I had this, but the chemical didn't work and they carried on fully growing, but not 'attached' in the areas where the operation was to remove nail permanently. Now I just have to cut my toe nails in a U shape, right down to the bottom.

It took 4 nurses to pin me down while they injected the anaesthetic into my big toes - it ended up taking 4 shots in each to numb them fully

Just cut the toe off

Well, well, well what do we have here.

I had it only done on one side, but now i wish I would have both side done at the same time. I haven't had any problems, but might as well try to avoid future ones.

If this is real you should really see a doctor

No don't take antibiotics, As long as he does not have a fever he doesn't need antibiotics.

Use a strong disinfectant like isobetadine soap or a light bleach solution foot bath (never combine them) This will soften the tissue and kill bacteria.

Also you will need to drain the abscess, when you don't do that nothing will help.

Dude, you won't live long enough to use those savings if you die of generalised infection.
You NEED to go to the doctor, the surgery isn't expensive, you only need local anesthesics.
And if it's the same price, try to do the one where they scrap your bone to remove nail on that corner forever

I've had this same problem for over a year. Go see a doctor specialized in feet(forgot the name) at your local clinic. Make sure it's a public one so you don't have to pay 50$ per visit, you're gonna have to visit him 6 times or so but it'll get much better.

cut off toe

I had the same but not in that advanced status actually I was today at the feet doctor who cut it all out and will put a metal spring in there so it wont grow back in I paid 35€ for that in Switzerland so I dont think it will be that much more expensive in US considering that here everything is way more expensive than in the states.

>14 years old
how does a 14 year olds toes look like that?

might be a bit late for this but

>grab some thin but firm material(cardboard, plastic whatever)
>place the material under your nail
>little by little slide it towards the ingrown part
>its gonna hurt like a BITCH but keep going
>get the material set between the toenail and the side of the toe
>leave it there until the toenail grows past the injured part

Obviously infected.

Apply iodine solution day and night, every day.

Deal with ingrown nail after you have dealt with the secondary infection.

Clean your foot well, soak it in a hot water/salt solution, put iodine on it, antibiotic ointment under a wrap.
Repeat this at least 4 times a day.
Honestly, that looks bad man. Id go to the doctors bro

Oh gawd this yas
Even better... Film it. I wanna see it burst with the force of 1000 diarrheal chimps shitting

>4 fucking shots in the toe
2 was bad fucking enough, it's the worst part of the the operation, getting the fluid in should a small area, still haunts me a bit to this day

Went through this in HS, I stopped cutting my toenails, it took a while but they ruptured through the skin, its been fine ever since

...except health care.

Go to doctor, it could get worse and it could kill you. Savings won't bring you back from the dead.

Squeeze the shit out of it and keep cutting that shit. Squirt Hydrogen peroxide in it.

I've had something similar to this and that's the only thing you can do. If it's been like longer than a month, you're gonna have to go to a doctor.

! had a similar problem. It didnt hurt on its own, but if I hit my shoe the wrong way I'd be on the floor with pain. I waited it out.
One day, I dropped a plate on it and it bled under the nail. I did the thing where you put a hole in the nail with a hot needle where its bleeding to let off pressure. It bled but healed fine.
Over the next year I watched the hole move up my nail, and where my nail was in regards to the ingrown part.I did not cut my nail at all for the next year and a half-ish. By the time the hole reached where I could cut it with clippers, my nail had grown in correctly and was no longer painful.
It sounds like you might be better off going to the doctor, but I didn't and I'm alive. If it feels hot at any time go to the doctor, don't risk it.

I think a toenail brace would be a better option for him

The doctor will charge $500 at least.
Try soaking it it epsom salt err day.

PLOX
PLOX
PLOX

And dont touch it or play with it. Its already infected enough

Unless the primary cause of the infection is the fucking toenail. Can't fix the infection without dealing with the nail.

go to a podiatrist. cheaper than a doctor.

If i had a dollar for every time someone made that joke when i had an ingrown toenail that looked that bad. Like do you seriously not have even the tiniest sense of intuition and self awareness to realize that, oh, maybe literally every generic bloke has already made this joke, maybe i should make it because maybe its incredibly unoriginal and maybe no one will even have the slightest chuckle.

REVERSED IMAGE

Post pics

Similar happened to me around that age, possibly a bit worse. I kept cutting it off myself for maybe over a year and eventually it went away.

I nearly fainted when they did it
I lost all feeling in my fingers as blood rushed away from them

NO NEOSPORIN FOR A WHILE

Had the same problem. Soak in epsom salt 30 minutes a day. Make sure water is hot as you can stand

A toenail cannot infect anything as a toenail is not a pathogen.

Works well

You need to drain this first, then follow the iodine solution advise

No the poster, but it is true, I believe it has something do with the toenail growing toward the "lack of toenail", so it prevents it from growing into the toe more.

Cutting a gaping flesh wound into yourself isn't the best idea, 14 year old. What you're see is skin that's supposed to be there... its just filled with nasty stuff underneath. I hope you don't seriously think that's a good idea and this is just a shit post.

OP YOU MADMAN

trauma surgery intern reporting in.

You probably can not fix it on your own user.
Your toe needs a minor ambulant surgery. (tho, you will need someone to drive you home!)
Procedure should not take longer then 10 minutes (including local anesthesia).

I would recommend you take a loan to get your injury fixed.

This
Just use cotton, and place it at the tip of nail rather than all the way under it

It's the 5th item on the Chain of infection. That would be "Portal of entry". You're a fucking moron. Go find a Waifu thread to play in.

Don't cut it.

Just let it grow

If you keep cutting it it will keep growing like that.

I used to take my guitar picks .65 mm and stick it underneath to kinda force it to where it should be and flush out all the green pus

find an amateur doctor. i would do it if you can tolerate mild pain from a needle. i have no ice spray to numb it. itll hurt. cutting the nail out and burning the root wont be hard tho. east coast, small payment

Correct, the nail needs to be allowed to grow out past the toe flesh. The OP's infection is really bad tbh. He has gotta get that under control quick and stop cutting his toenails short. Also, he is likely to get toenail fungus now.

Dealing with the infection itself is priority in this case, as it will prevent sepsis and render any surgical procedure safer.

My statement stands. A toenail cannot be a primary infectious agent.

I had them when younger. iodine that shit ASAP. wrap it up in a bandage. cut your nails straight from now on

Everyones already said stop cutting your toenail and what not, but i just want to make sure you realize that cutting your toenail is literally the only reason this is happening. Its like shooting yourself in the foot and then saying guys i have all this hole in my foot, what do i do? Everytime i shoot myself in the foot, more holes appear, wtf.

Soak it in cider

Can you post more pictures? Please

So enlighten me. What caused the infection?

Im at this stage Sup Forums please tell me if im fucked. I HATE NEEDLES SO MUCH.

Don't do that.

I have that shit on my right big toe and it sucks big time.
Just drain the pus, let the nail grow longer and don't cut it too short so it doesn't dig into the flesh again.

MAKE SMALL INCISION WITH KNIFE THEN

I occasionally had them. This is my info on how to deal with it

1)DO NOT CUT IT FURTHER.

2)Take daily foot-baths do disinfect the area and soften the skin. Push it back a little afterwards and make sure the nail can grow past the obstruction. If the obstruction is too bad you will need surgery.

3) like said before i think you need to pop the abscess to reduce the swelling.

What do you mean?

Soak it in warm salt water for 30 min every day. Also, you may have a bone infection exhibited at the nail. And you might be diabetic.

Go to a doc, they will get you treated, you can make payments . I just did that.

>Hitch hike to Canada
>Go to the hospital

Don't do this, just lift the nail over the thing that in the way.

Go to a doctor before you end up with an infected toe and end up having to have it cut off or worse.

lol your fine, my ingrown toenail look waay worse than that at time. Just what ever the fuck you do dont cut your nail. Soak your foot in salt water, while every once in a while pressing down on the puffy part in a motion that would squeeze the puss out the open bit. Kinda like popping a zit. If you're lucky some nasty shit will come out. Just do that once or twice a day and don't cut your nail like a fucking dumbass and you'll be fine. Like i said, mine looked a lot worse than yours years ago and it got better eventually and now its completely gone, cant even tell i had a fucked up toe.

carbamide peroxide
buy that shit , put in warm water and chill half hour with your faking leg
4 faking days thats all