Which road trip is better?

Which road trip is better?
>American road trip
>European road trip

why are they all driving the wrong way? lol

American for landscapes, European for culture

>>American road trip
Most of this fucking country is farms and cows. Not much sites to see desu.

I DEMAND ORDER ON THIS HIGHWAY

Actually been on both, American roadtrips are shit. There's so much downtime with fucking nothing happening and just driving in a straight line with shitty scenery. Every now and then you come across some nice scenery but not like you can't find better here by going to the alps or something.

Just go to the places of interest in the US, keep roadtrips to Europe, driving 11 hours to see something for a few minutes isn't nice.

I did a road trip through southern/western Finland.

It was boring and I think some fishermen at a supermarket in uusikaupunki were laughing at me.

That's just farms and occasional forests

Should've gone to where the lakes are m8

Ive seen a shitload of lakes where I was living at the time (lithuania)

>lithuania
>shitloads of lakes

>Anglo-Scottish-Welsh-Northern Irish education

>Grand Canyon
>Mt Rushmore
>Appalachians
>Monument Valley

Dude, i've traveled through different Continents and America has BY FAR the most beautiful landscapes

He's a Kiwi

It's easy to have better landscapes than any European country when America is literally a continent. But i agree, American landscape fucking rocks

Really depends on how much time you have and where you're from.

I'd love to take a motorcycle trip from Scotland to Southeast Asia. Europe offers a lot of cultural diversity which is unmatched in the United States. However, America does have a lot of natural wonder spread out over a larger area of land (provided we don't include the vastness of western Russia).

Somebody who's out to hear new languages, see historical monuments, and get a glimpse of a lot in a little time would be well-served by transiting Europe. If you're out to see nature without having to deal with language barriers or borders, then the United States is better.

In diversity, yes. In total, no. Norway and New Zealand have the most breathtaking landscapes in the world in my opinion.

I'm sorry but no. I must dump the photos now

>some fishermen at a supermarket in uusikaupunki were laughing at me.
why?

underrated good post

I think the appeal of the United States is that we have a bit of everything in one country.

However, I'd contend that India is probably the most culturally and geographically diverse nation in the world. From New Delhi, it's possible to take an overnight train and wind up in the middle of the Himalayas or in salt flats or desert or jungle or plains.

Of course, it's also more difficult to travel and has a poorly developed infrastructure and sometimes obnoxious locals.

Took pic related in Jammu and Kashmir in 2014. Had to pretend to be Muslim because some tour guides camping in the same area as me acted like they wanted to kill me when I said I was American. Got free food for it, kek.

Looks awesome, im feeling giddy that my country has a miniature version of most of this tho :3

americans all r same, euro.

Fuck it feels good to be an American, and I think you guys would all enjoy it if you could visit America for a bit to enjoy the scenery

Because its on the Falklands senior.

>It was boring and I think some fishermen at a supermarket in uusikaupunki were laughing at me.

Were you being racist?

america for scenery and landscapes
europe for history

If I go on a road trip, the least I want to see is cities and fucking villages.

I want to see endless plains, mountains, deserts. Shit like that.

America is definitely the best.

Is there a more beautiful country than the US? I don't think so.

North america has great nature, but you have to drive 10+ hours in a straight line to reach one and the other.
I can take my motorcycle and be in austrian alps in 2 hrs and another 2-3 hrs be on the dalmatian coast.

well, pretty sure everyone is laughing at some faggot ass lithuanian with ash grey hair and skinny jeans rocking a mid 2000s haircut
some just choose to laugh right in your face

You could drive a lot thru new-england or areas where cities are close to together.

Or you can not! You can drive up and down a mountain range or up highway 1 in california on the beach or something.

American roadtrips by far.

European roads are shit. You have tractors and old people who drive very slowly and you can't pass them because there's only 1 lane road. There are pothole. There's a lot of traffic jam because there's only 1 lane road...

Time for Autobahn

It's called freeway or motorway, cunt, and you have to pay for this.

This, I never get why people from different states argue so much. You don't have to leave the country to see all our amazing sites.

my sides.
Brits are the worst.

Lapland is gr8

Driving through america is boring. me and about 30 people from my school went on a trip from Berlin to Paris and it was awesome

What about Australian road trip for nature? Is it any better than America?

American.

Europe has little variety across countries. Very homogenous

My best roadtrip so far was through the Balkan countries.
I would try one in the US but i have already been warned that the midwest is a huge, flat and boring piece of land.

True. Endless number of trees on both sides on and on.

>My best roadtrip so far was through the Balkan countries
Agreed. Which route did you take ?

Yes, beats Europe hands down for landscapes

Im 21, i think Australia and America are the final frontiers regarding landscape, Australia is vast and untouched.

This is a photo of the Flinders Ranges in Outback South Australia, rode there from Sydney and onto Darwin and back, a good 9,000km round trip.

Distances are extremely large, you need to calculate food, water and especially fuel out there, its not readily available like in the US or Europe

and if you gonna use sleeping bags and sleep outside in the middle of the road, don't you have to be wary about venomous creatures too? for this reason I would want to rent a car or probably a camper van with shower, but never a bike.

Start in southern Germany, then few stops in Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, then further sout to Albania, just a short time, back trough Montenegro, then several stops in Croatia again.

That pic could be taken in France or Spain too. Europe doesn't have enormous wide open desolate landscapes, but sure as hell does have the most cultural and scenic diversity

*And on the way back from Slovenia to Italy, Tirol and again through Austria because the additional Swiss vignette was too pricey for the short time.

Nice. Ive driven all over Slovenia but from Tirana to Sarajevo via Kotor on a separate trip.

Driving in Albania sapped all my energy though, what the fuck is that

America is very large, it takes very long to get from one destination to another, because there's much more hardly inhabited land.

Europe: Sightseeing and meeting people
USA & Leaf: Going out into wild

I still regret not seeing Serbia, should have cut short on Albania.
My next road trip hopefully takes place this summer, propably northern Europe.

all the fear mongering about venemous creatures in australia is over the top. i've only seen a few snakes in my life and they ran away from me, and spiders are tiny so who gives a shit.

there's no bears or wolves or lions here so it's fine.

>I still regret not seeing Serbia
Just get a cheap airfare with wizzair. Belgrade is fun.

Will propably do it. Driving down another time wouln´t be that bad either. There´s a lot of stuff to see and Greece road trip sounds nice too.

Neither. Cities > rural areas

If I was to drive across Europe would the fact I only speak English like a clueless burger be a problem for me?

Motorcycling Aus isnt for everyone, only came across 5 other bikes throughout Outback Aus, not many at all. Venomous animals arent a huge issue, its all about being smart, you leave them alone, and they will leave you alone, be preventative in how you camp so as not to attract them.

Yeah, well not shit, Europe is a melting pot of cultures, great if you love seeing different cultures and experiencing different ways of life.

Absolute shit if you want to just say you know what "Fuck it" and get away from everyone, load up your car, bike, truck, whatever, hit the vast roads and really experience an untouched wilderness, on a bike you experience real adversity, when i was in Europe it was nice, a little bit too cozy for my liking, out there you never know whats going to happen

tl;dr comes down to the individual, im much more of a risk taker and the outback will happily swallow you and shit you out if you're clueless or ill-preppared

>Australian

Drive from the Kimberly to Geraldton, and to mt. Augusta inbetween, or across the nullabor.

I promise you, you won't be dissapointed.

most people just rent cars yes?

Kangaroos, emus, camels and roaming wildlife and farm animals are a huge issue on Outback roads though, i hit a big red on my bike trip and im lucky i walked away with only a scarred forehead from my helmet.

Then again, i was a moron for riding a motorbike at night in the middle of fucking Australia

yeah if you hit a kangaroo at 100km/hr you're fucked. shouldn't drive country roads at night if you're not in a fuckhuge car with a bullbar.

What if your car fucks up in the middle of nowhere?

A road trip in Spain is better than an American road trip. Let alone a European road trip. America is just a lot of plains with some decent scenery in some places that are 600km away from each other

then you die

hopefully someone comes along

>Nullabor
>Null
>Bore
Theres a real fucking reason its called that lad, its pretty monotanous riding it, let alone driving it, ive seen cycle tours (cyclists) riding on there, ive done cycle tours before, but on the Nullabour would be fucking so hard, its difficult to stay awake on a motorbike/car, imagine a bicycle....really makes you think

>freeway
>have to pay

That does not really sound like fun. You would probably need to fit some kind of fuel bladder in the boot of your car, dust and overheating (since its fucking 50c) could be a real problem. At any moment you could wipe out on a washed out road or an animal as mentioned, as IF you got rescued they would be calling you a fuckwit for attempting it.

Rental companies (majority of them) exclude you from being covered in Outback Australia, the risk is too high, so its highly advised that you dont rent a car and drive in the Outback, i never saw a single rental car in my 9,000km's.

Mind you, most backpackers will just buy a shitbox of a car and drive it through the Outback, and then something on their $1000 shit heap of a car breaks down in the middle of nowhere only for one of the locals to help them out.

But with that said, i did manage to fuck a lone British backpacker that broke down and i got her going again, but general consensus is never drive a rental in the Outback, you wont be covered in case of accident (highly probable, especially driving at night, its pretty much 100% likely you will hit wildlife at night)

American road trip, much more beautiful and interesting in my opinion.

finnish people are rude

just always bring spare tyres, fuel and water. keep to fairly populated roads. don't go out into the middle of the desert in the middle of summer. common sense shit.

my family and i got stuck out in woop woop after some cunt left nails on the road and punctured all our tyres. someone came along a few days later.

Yeah mate, learnt the hardway, i was following a convoy of Telstra vans with bullbars and spotlights, they cleared a few Roo's but one jumped infront of my bike when i was doing 130km/h, i had external ADV/Dirt bike knee guards on and manage to swerve and knee the roo in the neck, didnt hit the bike and i fell off at about 40km/h, the lads were really fucking suprised i walked away so unscathed, fucking wish my GoPro was on at the time....would have gotten so many hits on YouTube

shant be doing that

>accident highly probable
crap maybe it's best not to drive at night?

you gotta be suicidal driving a motorbike around at that speed i reckon. don't understand it.

pussy, lots of irishmen came out here before there were even roads.

>a few days later.
>days later
>days

no thx

Who /smallcountry/ here?
everywhere you go you see some sort of building, if not close in the distance.

They generally were chained up at the time

110km/h is too slow to cover the distances i was travelling, 130km/h is what i usually do out there and those guys were doing 130km/h didnt want to get dropped from the convoy because they had the lights and bullbars

European road trip obviously. You get to see different culture and you don't have to drive hundreds of km to go from a city to another

jesus christ mate

Just stay in your car and if you're smart you would've brought a blanket or something for shade over the windscreen and a packet of water

nothing like reading for a lil bit

KOrea is just like that. It's practically impossible to escape from civilization.

I remember when I was a child breaking down between Kalgoorlie and Perth at night with my dad. (shame it happened, it was a nice old white commodore stationwagon)

He chucked me a UV light he had and told me to turn it on out onto the side of the road.

Remember screaming at all the scorpions there were.

I felt European road,because an American with a gun shoots our.

>I felt european road

>commit crime
>kind old english give you free transport to beautiful beaches
aw you had it bad

never even seen a scorpion, are the ones in australia actually dangerous?

>I felt European road
you making me imagine things

Norway

as far as I know over here yes