What made Skyrim so great and why do you still play it?

What made Skyrim so great and why do you still play it?

nah, bruh... morrowind

The only good thing Skyrim had going for it was graphics. It was beautiful when it came out and it's more so now it's on current gen hardware.
The only reason I'm playing it is because I finally have mod capabilities on console, and Bethesda knows their fans make a better game than they do.

This user knows what's up. Morrowind was a fantastic game that aged poorly, but it's still fun even now.

Is MW before OB or the other way around? What about before that?

Here's a shot from my Morrowind setup. It may have aged poorly, but for a game that came out in 2002 mods make it way better

Where did it all go so wrong? Bethesda used to be worthy of respect.

I don't know why. I've never bother to play the main story lines. Never bothered with the Dark brotherhood, hate the thieves guild. I guess it's the modding. I'm an MO user and I just keep trying to make the game into "mine"; like I did with Oblivion. It never works out though.

Redguard > Arena > Daggerfall > Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim

It was mediocre so I don't

If I had PC believe me I'd be on it. I need a little more financial stability before I invest in a good PC.

Battlespire also coincides with Arena, though exactly when is not clear.

Skyrim is the best game of all time hands down. 6 years after it released, people are still making hours upon hours of new content. Bethesda struck gold with their mods, the creation engine itself is OK but having thousands of volunteers make it better is what keeps me coming back after each year

lol wut redguard was not before arena

And Online takes place sometime near Redguard, I think. I haven't played it.

Funny I'm playing right now :P

Here's another. Having faces not look like boxes w/ textures is fantastic

Redguard takes place in the Second Era. Arena, Morrowind, and Oblivion are Third.

Skyrim can run fairly well on a potato.

Unrelated, can Steam Machines do Skyrim? I've heard some weird shit.

Unfortunately I'm a console peasant, and Xbox 360 no less. Never beat the game and I plan to do so this time!

Stop, user, you're making me jealous, lol

I believe he's talking about Morrowind, but your comment still holds true

Yeah MGE is nice, definitely helps a lot. My PC sucks shit and can't run that with all the bells and whistles though.

>best game

Okay kiddo. Bethesda released a garbage-ass game in Fallout 4 because they knew their mod-happy fans would finish the game for them. Skyrim as a story was mediocre at best and it's gameplay was really patronizing in how simplistic it was.
Bethesda released the SSE as a $60 game because they knew their fans would buy it JUST so they could mod it, not because Skyrim was inherently good.

Specs? My PC is pretty beefy but MGE can give even the best hardware shitty framerate if it's maxed out. I had to tweak the settings to even get a stable framerate

I'm not defending everything Bethesda does, I'm saying that Skyrim is probably the best game of all time, which it is. The main story surely could have been better, but you show me a game with more replay-ability than Skyrim

i stopped shortly after "pretty" became boring

I enjoy classes and stats and alignments
You know, rpgs

Morrowind was the shit though.

I have the game but played it once till i beat it then never again. More of a fallout guy myself.

Fallout 4 was such a crushing disappointment, especially considering that aside from the bugs New Vegas was pretty decent. And yet people hailed it as the best in the series, because they are fucking idiots.

nothing
i don't

it was bland, generic shit

Morrowind, Oblivion, and New Vegas already beat it out.

I got a new laptop capable of playing it so I went to loverslad and found a mod that made their tits asses bellies and vaginas jiggle and bounce
Their fucking vaginas
Never would be expected that
Not to even mention osex which is a new sex mod which works perfectly with the HDT vag that has collisions with the cocks so the lips open when they're fucking

Wtf man best game ever
Been fiddling around trying to get it to work for like three hours but I finally stopped being stubborn and looked up a tutorial

yeah. I prefer the dialogue decisions and the changing the world aspects over the fantasy story thing in elder scrolls. I want to get into them, but I just prefer fallout in every way.

I felt like Fo4 was just bethesda showing off their new, smoother engine as well as better physics/shooting mechanics. It honestly felt like half the shit in the game was incomplete. Settlement building had no strategy, there isn't RPG, AI seems lifeless.

It is not even close to being the best game of all time. It's not even the best game of 2011. It's barely the best game of November 2011.

God's curse on the world is that fucking Intel chip

I loved New Vegas, and 1 & 2. 3 was so empty and unpleasant, and I don't think I need to go into 4. I love Fallout's setting, though, and run a Savage Worlds game, set in the American Southeast in that setting.

>Not even the best game of 2011

That's like, your opinion, man. It got game of the year from like, every gaming outlet

Agreed. I got tired of it inside a week.

The main impression I got was that it fell victim to the "Open world" plague of modern video games; they focused on the size of the game world, filling it with absolutely loads to do, forgetting to make any of it interesting or varied. And that's not getting into the dumbing down of the story and character building.

The freedom. You can mod it until it has enough intelligence to mod YOU!
It's like escaping real life to live in another world with Beyonder's powers.
Also, sex mods. Skyrim satisfy my fetishes better than any girl will ever do.

Duck Hunt

Like that means a fucking thing

I play vanilla Skyrim on the xbox 360 to this day.

Hate me.

Every once in a while when I get a long weekend and no one is coming around I break it out and start anew. It's somehow relaxing at this point, comfortable. Like an old pair of comfortable shoes. Comfy.

Motherfucker, see
I'm playing right now on Xbox 360 lol

>my opinion is worth more than thousands of people who's profession it is to analyze how "good" a game is

you do you buddy

3 was fine. It had its moments. Unfortunately it doesn't have much to do side quest wise. I mean, maybe 20-40 hours in total with side quests and main story. New Vegas on the other hand.. I have over a hundred and could still do more playthroughs with different choices, and probably more quests I haven't touched yet.

the great mods!

No, fuck that "opinion" bullshit. Not everything is subjective. Skyrim is an objecively flawed game in so many ways.

jesus fuck, throw that thing in the garbage

>quality is decided by committee
Hell, I guess Justin Bieber is the best musician of all time, then.

>checked
what happened to the dialogue, you know, the main fucking part of fallout? Christ, how did they fuck that up. NO ONE asked for a dialogue wheel.

Yeah i played fallout 3 and new Vegas in like 15 hour intervals for a few months. Skyrim never really had my undivided attention like fallout did.

Also, game journos have had no credibility for years.

Hahaha, it's fucking awful dude. I couldn't even get South Park: Stick of Truth to run on this because of that fucking pixel shader 3.0 or something. Can't play Project Zomboid now either since they upgraded sprites to 3D.

My life is in shambles.

Elder scrolls games are rougher to get into, that's definitely part of it.

We can agree that Skyrim has its flaws, but to say it's a terrible game is just insane.

This

I haven't played it since like October 2015. Bought the DLC, to try and squeeze more life out of it but it really started to bore the fuck out of me, especially when events wouldn't trigger so I had to fix shit using the console.

dude, get 200 dollars and build a better computer with used parts..

Yeah that dialogue bullshit wheel was stupid.

God, it's awful, and it doesn't even reflect the choice you are given. Like, first time I confronted whatever the fuck his name is who stole my son, I took the 'Sarcastic' dialogue option. This is what my character said.

What the fuck.

>get 200 dollars

Got $200 to spare? I'm poor. Paycheck to paycheck. Trying to save up to get back into school so I can stop being a fuckin concrete slave.

At no point did I say it was terrible. The only insane thing that was said was saying it wasthe best game of all time.

It's objectively the best game of all time, yes.

Bethesda basically dumbed EoS down to appeal to a more casual market.

I'd be lying if I say that this wasn't my first EoS game, but after playing Oblivion and Morrowind I can't really play Skyrim anymore, falls short when compared to those two gameplay/story wise.

Yeah, that shit barely ever has anything to do with what you choose. At many parts of the game, nearly every option is the same exact sentence, just worded slightly different.

0/10

I know.. The sarcastic option is literally fucking autistic. My steam review just consisted of saying don't ever pick it. Most of the time I pick an option, and what my character says doesn't come close to reflecting what I meant. I just sit in shellshocked horror watching my character act like a total retard, because I didn't just pick the standard yes option.

why are you even here if you hate this game so much

You think so? I thought Oblivion is kinda clunky. I went back and tried to play it recently and it just didn't do it for me at all, and I used to love the game. Then again, I am on console, and I'm sure it's an entirely different game on PC.

I enjoy talking about it.
I don't hate it, I enjoyed playing it. It's just overrated.

If you have an AMD card oblivion stutters constantly, no matter what.

New Vegas, Morrowind, to name only ones in the same vein. If you count multiplayer as replaying, then Halo 1-3 have it beat by a longshot.

>0/10
>I enjoyed playing it

Am I missing something?

So, I'm at the first Alduin fight, level 26

Did sword and shield build and playing on Expert

Everything was going fine till this point

I do extremely little damage and take so much damage, any explanation?

He's got you pinned

Your bait was a 0/10 kiddo

I sincerely hope you are trolling

too early for alduin...

Don't enemies scale?

Your mother was a 0/10 kiddo

see

I'm playing Baldur's Gate 2 at the moment. It's amazing how much better a role playing game it is despite having aged poorly.

Level 26 is seriously too early?

Find that a little ridiculous

Not that user, but it is overrated. I had fun with it, I'm still playing it occasionally (Dishonored 2 is my main jam right now), but to call it the best game of all time tells me you're either a kid or you've played a terribly small variety of games.

Yeah, alduin doesn't though. Also, why are you rushing through it so fast dude?

>level 26
This tells people nothing. What are your skills at? What are you using? Is your equipment upgraded/enchanted? Do you use potions?

I'm a different guy than the other one saying it's the best. I was just pointing out that the guy shitposting in the thread is pretty sad considering his intense hatred for skyrim (ostensibly).

I'm like 15 hours in, I did an ass tone of side quests and shit

>26
Man, I'm really bad at holding to the main quest. My current char is something like 30 and I've yet to get the horn for the ancient fucks.

Trust me. The wife did the same thing. But she's an imperial. All magic. Heavy armor retard. I don't ever understand. We haven't gone back but we're in the 40s now. Think it might be time but I'm stuck playing Dragonborn for the first time.

I've got a level 79 Redguard chick and I haven't even been to the foot of the Throat of the World

Your level doesn't matter at all, you can kill Aldiun at level 1. Shit scales, so it doesn't matter.

15 hours? Dude, take your time. Holy shit, I was like 40 before I got to alduin I'm pretty sure.