Going on my first drive soon. Any first car stories from Sup Forums?

Going on my first drive soon. Any first car stories from Sup Forums?

yeah this one time i drove to the store, parked, went in and done my shopping... then i got in the car again, put it in gear, rode the clutch a bit. i might have spun a little of the gravel. went through the gears as normal... but when i got home i put the snacks away and watched tv...

first time ive ever told that story...

>first drive
get lost kid

I remember my first drive, I got in the driver's seat, drove from my house and around the block a few times, then parked the car and jumped on Sup Forums for the rest of the day

It started one morning, i stick my head out the gutter for one freckin second.....

Unless you mean your first road test? In that case I failed because I almost ran over a blind man

First day I got my license was the very first day I had to learn how to drive standard. While high on weed. Make sure it's in 1st and not 3rd if you keep stalling out.
>memories

just put the throttle to the mat and drag the clutch.. that way you can just leave it in 4th all the time... less wear and tear on the transmission, its an old mechanics trick

tell me more

Holy shit underage

When I was 13, I was charged with watching my grandparent's house while they were off visiting relatives. Found the spare set for Grandma's Dodge Aries, marked the tire positions and took it for a night time cruise around town.

What I hadn't counted on was that we lived in a very small town where everyone knows everyone else. Including the cops. Got pulled over several blocks away. Cop thought the car was stolen. Gets to the window. "Oh, it's you. WTF are you doing driving around?"

"Uhh, I was fixing the carb and I had to make sure it was good."

Cop points in the direction of grandparent's house. "Take it straight back and I'd better not see you or this car on the road again tonight."

No ticket, no fine and nobody even told anyone in my family about it. Ah, the good old days when you could still do shit like that.

ahhhhh my 1983 Subaru GL wagon.
Had a spare on top of the engine and a carburetor with the same name as a "personal massager". Yuuuuup, they used that good ol' engine in small aircraft too, so I could claim the car was airplane powered. Was rusted to shit and I had to hold the 5th door up with a piece of wood. When popped into AWD it whined like a lil bitch. When put back into FWD it sounded like the trans fell out of it. Shifting it was like keeping a small child's head underwater and mixing potatoes. Owned it for a year before selling it to a guy who is currently restoring it.

pic related

>driving for 1 year
>just rained one morning
>being a noob and speeding like a faggot >80 in a 50
>see target street -mind blank-
>wtf turn dumbass* sudden turn, I start to skid....
>slide right to a 90deg angle almost hit the car in the cross street's turning lane!
>..... it's a fucking Cop !
>Cop just stares at me...... I stare back....
>Say Sorry aloud like he can hear me
>speed away........
>no follow...? ..... no Lights...?

> Must have Pissed Himself !!

> AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Ya I know that now but not when you're 16 and on a major highway for the first time, driving standard for the first time while high. I think 3rd is a better gear for that. Stronger gear and more torque

my first car was a new yorker, same basic platform of dodge k body
thing was a tank, and with a v6 it would outrun most of the garbage other kids had in highschool... while seating 6 lol

> Driving home from high school in my Vauhall manta
>Had two friends with me in the car.
> Decide to drift a little in an intersection.
> Did not drift a little, but instead spun out totally.
>Ends up on the side in a ditch.
> Eventually got winched up by a garbage truck
> They laugh and ask if i was mr Lead-Foot

>Crashed instructors car
>Parents never found out
>Passed test first time

Don't be a spastic and you won't die op

>be me
>be 18
>go to drivers test with my mom
>driving to test location
>see a squirrel run across the road
>it makes it all the way across but then it doubles back
>I crush it under the tires
>keks the whole way to the exam
>get there
>realize I never drove my mom's new car before
>tester asks me to turn on various things like the wipers, turn signal, hazards, etc.
>spill spaghetti because aside the turn signal I don't know where the others were on the vehicle
>eventually pass the test on the first try
>god damn I love being a white male

The first wheeled vehicle I drove was a shitty little farmall lawn mower from the 80s, I drove it until a piston shot through the engine block. When I got older I tried my mother's Ford 8N and bucked that shit when I let go of the clutch in too high a gear.
She also taught me to drive a manual on a '39 Chevy.

My family had a 1991 Chrysler Dynasty (Canada) with the 3.3 V6. Once the dealer got the transmission issues sorted out, it was a pretty solid car. My uncle was still driving it in 2013 with 380,000 km on it when the rear suspension mounts finally rusted through and it was deemed unsafe to drive.

Britfag here, got first car when i was 18, a Rover (they don't make em anymore). Had it for 7 days then crashed it on the way to work. That was end of that.

Was living with parents at the time, i wasn't allowed another car until i was 21, at which point i'd moved out and got another.

mine had about that, well over 350, but less then 400... mine was a 3.0, which tended to have less transmission issues

also had a dynasty at one point, i ended up buying a few of them for parts

im in canada too

You can start driving as an adult kid

>First weekend with car
>Feels good to have some sense of independence
>Pick up cheerleader that had a crush on me for some reason
>Driving down Main St.
>SIDE SWIPED on driver's side
>80-something yo fart ran a stop sign
>Car totaled
>New GF unharmed
>Me, concussion & fucked up back
>Sued the shit out of old fuck
>Get new car
>Back hurts to this day, a decade or so later
I hate old people.

Damn dude, must be hard. We're here for you if you'd like to share any of the other times you drove for the first time!

>the good old days when you could still do shit like that.
You could still get away with that today....unless you're not white, then RIP

My frist car was a 1976 Lincoln town car.

just like this one only shit brown

>got 8 maybe 10 miles to the gallon

pfft that wasnt the first time bro!, i rock that shit on the daily