Superunknown is one of the greatest rock albums ever made

Superunknown is one of the greatest rock albums ever made

Agree/Disgree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b9GEJ20Nu4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=V09PASLct9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really like it, but it's not even in my top 100.

lol ok dad

go to bed son

4th of July, Limo Wreck, and Mailman are the best

it's a very good album and probably one of the best grunge albums
but not the best album

>my top 100.
How is that relevant?

Well, I didn't say that it's THE best. Just that I think it's up there.

UltramegaOK was better. I prefer their pre-90s sound.

very solid album, i actually havent really listened to it since i was 14-15 but listening to it now its still a very hard hitting album

>barre kickstand

>barre kickstand

Agreed, by far the weakest track imo

youtube.com/watch?v=b9GEJ20Nu4Q

They were so much better when they did real grunge.

What about Fresh Tendrils

Anyone pick up the Ultramega re issue?

"real grunge"

Not a big fan. Earlier records were better, as others have said here

Great album. So many layers to the sound, its the album that makes their name make sense.

>I like Tad, Skin yard and old soundgarden.

what's wrong with that?

Shut up, you're not my real dad.

Nothing just a lot of people seem to obsess over, earlier grunge and deride later stuff. Like are you one of those guys that hates nirvana?

i don't hate nirvana at all. i like soundgarden's old material and just about everything they did up until down on the upside

Fair enough, me personally i love every apart from king animal. I pretend King animal never happened.

The pinnacle of grunge i m o

I like their post Badmotorfinger stuff. It's great! It's just different and not as raw and energetic. It's about the time they they started picking up that generic "nickleback" sounding vocal style. Which is also fine, Soundgarden done it right.

Its pretty amazing. Top 10 album for me.

Hey man, Non-State Actor is a pretty great song

king animal is great dude

Head Down is the best track
Black Hole Sun is extremely overplayed and not even in top 20 Soundgarden songs

Incessant Mace in probably their best song: youtube.com/watch?v=V09PASLct9M

You want to know what brought people to the grunge party in the first place, this is it. Sonic messy guitar sounds and classic rock vocals.

Play this as you leave the house and you might start a street fight.

Black Hole Sun is really good. It's almost psychedelic, ya know?

i have listened to this album all the way through probably a hundred times. there isn't a bad song on the album and i think mailman is one of the hardest-hitting songs ever written, sonically and lyrically

ALIVE IN THE SUPERUNKNOWN

Superunknown is Soundgarden's strongest album, but it's also their least interesting. All the songs are good, but it's just a super conventional, Led Zeppelin-worship hard rock album. They'd polished away the garage punk elements of their earlier albums, and they hadn't tried out the punky psychedelia of Down On the Upside, so basically it just completely lacks personality

>I pretend King animal never happened.

It's one thing if you don't like it. But it wasn't so bad that it shouldn't have existed. Honestly it' one of the better "comeback" albums. Not great but there very very few "great" comeback albums. Most are trash and the ones that work tend to be "solid" at best. King Animal was pretty solid with a hand full of really good tracks on par with their 90s work.

I get what you're saying. But I think Louder Than Love and Badmotorfinger are less interesting as a whole than Superunknown. Both are pretty straight forward Hard Rock albums. Superunknown is far more diverse and creative.

You madmen, you just named the only four Soundgarden songs I can still somewhat enjoy.

FIRST IT'S YOUR MIND, AND THEN ITS YOUR SOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLL

These anons know whats up

Why is kickstand so shit?

It's a dull, generic and completely forgettable song comes right in the middle of an album filled with well thought out and diverse songs. It's also a weak attempt at doing a "Look! we still have a Punk Rock influence!" track.

black hole sun is the carry on my wayward sun of the 90s

ew

>he doesn't like Carry On My Wayward Son

Why use the word "diverse" when there are no niggers and women present? Isn't that what the word means?

If that's what you think of then the SJW's are winning.

There's nothing wrong with either of those songs

I think you skipped a few steps before arriving at "then the SJWs are winning".

>LONG TIME CUMMIN'

It's a good record.

I also remember when I was 15 and had my grunge phase OP

l

It's okay but I prefer Ultramega OK and Louder Than Love. Soundgarden were actually a pretty unique band overall but they were moreso on their earlier work.

ehhhSPOONMaannuhh

SPOONMAAAAN

SAVE MEE

EHSPOONMANUH

SAVE ME SPOONMAN

>stoner funk metal
>unique

yeah man RHCP were so fuckin innovative

that arabic Led Zep pastiche near the end makes me chuckle

the title track should have been a single

Yeah what's "mature" music? Lemme guess, it sounds really bad? Do we go from cool sounding music and loop around to bad music, because you're all "grown up" and "mature"? Horseshoe theory?

>"My taste have grown up maaan. I just listen to dank white noise!"

breddy good album. About as good as Loveless I'd say. The main problem is it's pretty monotonous and kind of uninteresting. Siamese Dream, In Utero and Definitely Maybe are all better than Superunknown.

And then there is Dirt, far and away the best album of the 90s. The songwriting of Alice in Chains is totally unmatched. AiC have a much tighter, more coherent sound than Soundgarden with much more interesting guitar playing.

Cornell is obviously a better singer than Layne but Layne has more charisma and is overall more interesting to listen to. He puts more of himself into his music, whereas Cornell seems to be more of a vocal showoff, especially on Badmotorfinger.

AiC has far better lyrics... Jerry's lyrics at least. Superunknown's lyrics are psychedelic nothingness, whereas the lyrics in AiC are often quite meaningful and more relatable. Them Bones' lyrics are incredibly effective. Possibly the most nihilistic song of all time. I don't think I've ever heard a more succinct, accurate and chilling song about existence and death. Jerry manages to say more in two lines 'I feel so alone, gonna end up a big ol' pile of them bones' than Cornell and Co. do in the whole of Superunknown.

it's a good 90's album
but not one of the greatest ever made

Kickstand is great you homos

>Dirt
not a heroin addict, sorry