ITT: post

ITT: post
Interesting old photos of MUNDANE life....

(no warfare, politics or major historic events)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airline_Deregulation_Act
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kek

when i was a kid, you needed stacks of quarters to play video games!

Original Aldi store

Here's the shop keep (((Neuman))) a few weeks later.

I actually ate here in the Empire State Building in 1989 or so.

well that's intimidating.

RIP in peace Lafayette Radio Electronics. Started in the 1920s and grew rapidly with the Golden Age of radio. Much of the amateur radio community starting in the 1940s and 50s grew out of this place. By the 80s Radio Shack had pushed them out of business. Everything Lafayette sold (mostly Japanese electornics) Radio Shack sold rebranded as their own. Fucking shittyshack destroyed an American classic.

Asbury Park, NJ in it's mid-70s era

great thread. gives me a chance to use one of my favourites

kowloon walled city is still the most interesting place i was never aware of. look up the documentaries!

Sure be nice if you could attach multiple pics per post

Canadian driller from an old National Geographic magazine

Vancouver

The linotype room where the New York Times would have to be typeset before finally going to press.

"Yeah, kid. I was once like you. But after 4 years of hard work, I made it to assistance manager." "Hey, you too can strive to make $7.50 an hour!"

Computer rooms always had a certain electrical smell to them

these dudes had balls of steel!

Why in the world would they be that far underground, is oil really that far down...

great thread OP

Are you mentally challenged or something?

Look it all that shit. Make it cg and you got a 2014 scifi movie.

i wonder what this bro is up to now.

sideboob in pic makin my dick hard

try early 80's. that car is a chevy citation they were only 1980-1985

BabaBooey?

sexy ass doctorslut second from right

college dorm room, c. 1910.

imagine writing letters to your gf and having a single photo.

That's the bottom of the shaft of the Mountain Con mine in Butte Montana USA. They were after mostly copper but the area produced a lot of molybdenum, gold, silver, zine and manganese as well.

The Mountain Con is one of the few remaining headframs left in Butte, there used to be dozens but they've been scrapped or were eaten up when they switched to open pit mining in the 1960s-80s. The old really deep vein workings graded up to 70% copper but once those ran out they targeted the disseminated low-grade ore of

GM design headquarters, Detroit.

People say that it looks the same today.

whats a gf?

i can't even comprehend this....

>this used to come with flights
>Carter signs Airline Deregulation Act
>Many airlines soon sold to other airlines or go out of business
Why even live?

eerie to look at a face in a pic that clear from that long ago. You think "slap a modern hairstyle on that dude and he'd fit in the modern world. Eerie to think that he and any of his children are long dead, and his grandchildren are old and don't have much longer, assuming everyone reproduces and dies at the nornal stages of life."

Yeah I kind of think of that now and again; people's voices would be basically the same

Yeah. I'm sure those hard working men saw a big share of the profits too, right? yeah...

you've reminded me of "hipster time traveler"

It sounds like something Reagan would have done....you can bet the mega airlines lobbied for it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airline_Deregulation_Act

look at these spunk hunks from the 1920s

This is insane.

Bet he never thought his pic would be available to the world via a magical device called a computer/internet 107 years from then.

part 1

part 2

Forgot to add, it would also be 100% humidity and around 40C/110F degrees that deep.

(Note the complete lack of vegetation due to all the smelter fumes)

part 3

I'd fuck that old cunt bent over that desk.

balls of diamond plated nuclear steel!

Carter started the "deregulation" era of modern America. I understand that there are regulations that are costly and time consuming but deregulating the courts to not be able to block mergers or acquisitions was just stupid.

Miners earned (and still earn) very high wages. THe guys who owned the mines of course made absolutely unimaginable amounts of money. For example William Clark was making the equivalent of $17 million per month in today's dollars and that was before income taxes existed.

then Sleepy's was replaced by some church.....and the building went up for sale and now they're building something new next door, because white people are finally moving up to 125th st., because harlem is close enough to manhattan to gentrify.

>harlem is close enough to manhattan to gentrify
Harlem is within Manhattan

>guitar player
>stickers everywhere
>shitty old car
>mullet
Everything about that pic says it was taken a week ago.

Doesn't matter... The moral of the story is Niggers.

sorry i meant midtown.

And niggers have lived in Harlem the last century. What's your point?

same corner now.

Why is airline food served so fucking hot? I was on a flight to japan, was served some steak and rice, and the steak was hotter than the flames of hell

thats a 1975-76 cadillac, badass car with an 8.2L big block 500Cubes and 600 ftlb of torque

is that a mosquito net? Do you know where this was taken?

--

Photo from 1913 in southern England

Manhattan island =/= manhattan

My point is Niggers. Niggers are my point. Really I mean Niggers. Niggers are the only point in regards to urban blight. So ultimately the point I'm getting at IS FUCKING NIGGERS!

america hasn't made good car since 1968.

dat classy station wagon.

Same lamppost

guess you never drove a 96 impala ss

Aldi opened up for the first time ever in my town.
its shit

i think the dorm was supposed to be at Princeton. maybe its a mosquito net, but might just be a light hammock for clothes.

nice boat

get the fuck out of here, Jared.

A pre-EPA pic. kek

And theeeennnnnn?

yes....i also had this screengrab when the new building was up for construction....