When did you grow up and realize you're not too good for pop music, Sup Forums?

When did you grow up and realize you're not too good for pop music, Sup Forums?

When I discovered Grimes. It's admirable how well she blends pop with experimental and how she doesn't give a fuck about people judging her taste.

this

when I learned music theory and realized 90% of top 40 is more musically sound and competent than the majority of mucore

this is indisputable and the fact Sup Forums denies it shows they know little about music and are just trying to feel special through what they listen to

I never grew out of pop I just grew into other genres and better pop

Still don't really listen to Helga but the songs some of my friends have shown me are nice but I think they're mostly from Art Angels

when I realized that

pop =/= top40

>/ denies it s
nobody denies it all people say is that a lot of things are reused between songs

personally this doesn't bug me because you can see it in lots of genres though

>reused between songs
Not as true as Sup Forums wants to believe.

Take your pick, repeated ideas or musical incompetence?

That's underground pop. It sounds like an oxymoron but it's true. That second tier pop (in terms of popularity) is the best kind of pop. All those albums from that chart are undeniably good or great.

most of those albums are mediocre pop

grimes/chvrches/sky/charli/st. vincent are legit bottom tier garbage that are pure shit, a e s t h e t i c over competence

Id rather listen to top 40 than this waifufag garbage

>grimes/chvrches/sky/charli/st. vincent are legit bottom tier garbage that are pure shit, a e s t h e t i c over competence
Bullshit opinion tbch. Fortunately most people with a good taste disagree with you. I bet you hate them because they were overposted on Sup Forums. Only a weak-minded moron would do that.
Listen to top 40, plebster.

Born to die>>>>>>Night time my time>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>the rest

They should act above their genre, BTD and NTMT at least cover multiple genres.

One more...
>a e s t h e t i c over competence

WTF are you talking about? These albums have competent songs, songs that had an impact on millions of listeners. You're just a stupid hater, a clueless Sup Forumsdrone that probably listens only to shitty unlistenable crap.

>spotted an idiotic lana fanboy

>They should act above their genre, BTD and NTMT at least cover multiple genres.
And Art Angels, Post, Actor don't? Listen to these albums, dumbass.

>You're just a stupid hater
I've gone full circle. I listened to this stuff when it first came out so I'm already got more claims to be a pretentious ass than 90% of underage mutants do. I outgrew my experimental phase in learning music theory. Those albums are not very good. they're for musically uneducated people to listen to and feel superior to "average top 40" listeners.

The newest fucking future songs are more sound than half that shit.

>clueless mudrone

kek

>those albums are not very good. they're for musically uneducated people to listen to and feel superior to "average top 40" listeners.
You're asking for a truckload of (You)s. You just have shit taste.

never

ever

in my teens as soon as i grew out of my snobby metal phase
bad times

Lol nice meme opinion bro. You type that out yourself?

>I outgrew my experimental phase in learning music theory.
No worries - as you gain musical experience to go along with that new knowledge you'll learn how to appreciate both experimentalism AND conventionality in music based solely on how it's used - not what is being used.
You are in what we professional musicians call the later sophomoric stage of music appreciation.

>I just hate women and don't know how to deal w my pee pee

this, then i realized i'm not too good for metal either

when I became lonely enough to waifufag

80's jangle pop is the patrician tfw no gf genre

I'm not too good for pop but I am too good for Grimes

Yeah Rihanna and Tyga are totally better than Radiohead and King Crimson amarite? xD

>more musically sound and competent
What do you even mean by this? I'd be surprised if you actually knew any music theory beyond time signatures.

>Rihanna and Tyga are totally better than Radiohead
yes, what's wrong with that?

>radiohead is not as bad as rihanna
lmao

I hope neither of you are the guy I meant to quote who claimed to "know music theory" earlier.

>I am too good for Grimes
>he believes that