Vinyl collectors, what is better?

Than?

fake stereo

Stereo or mono

Stereo, and if you say otherwise you're fucking retarded

the vinyl was made for the mono sound

Depends on the album?

Well fuck me then, because mono sounds like shit and stereo sounds good

Stereo. Mono is for geriatric boomers who want it to sound like it did on AM radio when they were ten years old.

>the vinyl

>Collecting Vinyl
>in 2017

Lmaoing @ ur life rn

Stereo is unless the album was originally made to be played in mono.

Mono for recordings intented for mono, stereo for everything else

They've been going in and out of style
But they're guaranteed to raise a smile

this thread is actually retarded as hell. Someone delete this. Mono recordings of stereo music is shit, no matter what. Stereo remasters of mono recordings are shit, no matter what. Stick with the original recording and it's fine. Vinyl adapted to stereo, and everybody sang songs of joy.

>listening to analog recordings through digital equipment

if you have the money to have a fully analog setup, vinyl is pretty fun

Vinyl is an anime-tier anti-hobby

buy an instrument instead of a record player/records, fag

I should also note that if you listen to digital recordings, that were later pressed onto vinyl, that is shit no matter what

Jack White fully records in analog, so the true format for all the artists that fall under his label is actually vinyl.

I have a grand piano, I've been playing for 20 years.

Buy anything, fag

>listening to analog recordings

>fools money

spend it how you like. vinyl has become too expensive to justify an anti-hobby at this point

>Stereo remasters of mono recordings are shit, no matter what

eh
Sure, they may not sound the best, but mono recordings are generally unlistenable if you want to actually enjoy music imho desu senpai

Mono often gives you that "authentic" experience, but stereo is better sounding.

Tell me listening to john wesley harding in stereo remaster sounds good.

no hobby is "justifiable", maybe when you grow up past your teens you'll understand

Better than mono, yes

Jimi Hendrix in stereo > All

Are you retarded? Only a teenager would collect vinyl in 2017

Maybe in 2005 it was cheaper, but now.. it's just retarded

20$ is not too much

if youre the type of person that collects vinyl in 2017, yes, $20 per record is too much for you and your career prospects

>inb4 muh thrifting

LMAO

>Maybe in 2005 it was cheaper

Adjusting to inflation, LP prices nowadays isn't much different from 30-40 years ago.

>Nobody cared about vinyl in 2005
>prices must be the same as they are a decade later when it's at peak pop culture interest

how can someone be this stupid

Listening to anything but mono is giving in to a placebo effect marketing scam

A comic that costs more than $ 1 is too much, with two pence enough.

25$ a "LoL" figure.
LMAO

Stereo and headphones

>how can someone be this stupid

I ask the same about you

>vinyls

Scrolling through this thread makes me mad
Mono is good if you want to listen to older vinyls and recordings
Stereo setup is infinitely better for anything else

Stereo is better, but as a headphones listener the stereo field is too narrow for my liking so I stick to digital.

Having a comparatively inexpensive, entertaining, and publicly accepted hobby that you can show to people without looking like a fucking gremlin?
>Clearly has no life and is a faggot

How to know if a album was relased in mono or stereo?

>entertaining
kek
>publicly accepted
only if you hang with hipsters or overly tolerant people

Its different opinions I guess
Personally after fucking with vinyls I listening to music on my phone or something isn't nearly as satisfying to me, but maybe I'm just autistic

v i n y l s

i

n

y

l

s

You can get a brand new LP for $20 or theres tons of LPs that go for like $5-10 used. If you think dropping like $20 a month after a $300 investment on a hobby is a lot of money you're definitely a teenager

in 2010 any LP at goodwill no matter if it was john urban plays his country hits or a rare elton john album was TEN CENTS

in 2012, all LPs jumped to $1.50 regardless of condition. 45s went from 10cent for 2 to 50 cents for one

what bullshit

Obviously stereo, mono is for tryhards. Even The Beatles sound better in stereo.

authentic for when? the 1930s?

are there really people who listen to stereo discs from the 60s onwards in mono? literally why?

depends on the record
For example, the Beatles themselves cared about the mono more, they usually weren't even involved in the stereo masters of their shit, so for any beatles, mono. Usually stereo though, but some late 60s stereo mixes are just awful.

>Not rigging your system to easily switch between stereo and mono.
They both have merits but stereo is a safer choice for the modern listener.

>using garden hose cabling when he's lost half of his hearing fidelity to old age

Truly tragic

vinyl flippers,
how do you live with yourselves?
like, just in general.

It is.
I recently found out I can't hear mosquitoes anymore. I'm only 22 so I got spooked and I'm trying to avoid anymore damage.

>muh vinyls

Shellac master race reporting in.