>What should I do with it?
>What would you do with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98626
reddit.com/r/personalfinance/wiki/windfall
planner5d.com/view/?key=e3778e72eb554e02b920e4322f6ec682
planner5d.com/editor/?key=e3778e72eb554e02b920e4322f6ec682
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's not too much to actually anything with. See an investment firm and see what he wants to do with it.

Or spend it all in an instant and regret it for the rest of your life like I know you'll do you fucking faggot

Give it to me

get a normal sized house and a car
and then just live and work and save
you got a good headstart for retirement

>See an investment firm and see what he wants to do with it.
Never do that. Do not trust anyone else with your money. You end up with investment going nowhere and endless tirades of "reports" that parrot first-grade economics textbooks.

My advice (after burning lot of money in "investment firms"): generate a cash-flow from the day one. Either buy superdividend ETF-s, invest in crowdlending platform or buy small easy-to-rent property. Sooner or later you will need some money and unless you have constant positive cash-flow, you will have to dig into your main investment.

Can i have 1k?

Do whatever the fuck you want, man. Your decision at the end of the day.

Also I would just live my life normally. Continue working part time while I go to school.

Personal experience?

Sustain and live life well.

Also drop me some paypal money so I can pay rent

[email protected]

Pay off any debt, consider paying for further education, and put the rest into a mutual fund as retirement savings. S&P500 is a good choice.

I also called a financial adviser. They basically had me sent aside the biggest chuck in a CD for a house, topping off my emergency savings, topping off my IRA for the year and investing the rest through the banks investment area.

Dude, legit can I have $200? I super want to buy a Ps4 but I barely make more to cover my household bills and my GF doesn't have a job at the moment because we have two kids and no childcare. Straight up begging. All I have is a ps3 I've had for some years, I have CoD advanced warfare, Skyrim, Borderlands 2 and Disgaea D2. Those are the only games I had/played in the last year. Fuck me. Help an user out?

I'd save it and act like I don't have it

Sounds solid, though I'd stay away from the bank's investments and go directly to S&P500.

(I'm this user: )

No denbts, and GI bill.

drop it into a term deposit and use the interest to supplement my current income/savings.

so what, scott trade?

With all that you want to use $200 on a gaming console? rip

Buy a gun. Then save or invest it. Buy a house with it after you get married.

Ive told a bunch of people about this but the only people asking for money are on Sup Forums

>2 kids
>no child care
>gf out of a job
>and you want a. PS4

How about you get your fucking life together first?

Bought a P226 MK25 before i found out about the inheritence. Im getting married in the summer. She has no problem signing a prenup.

Invest in a ROTH IRA, throw in 10-15k and leave it for 40 years, by then it would accumulate to just over 1m$ and you'd be set for retirement and it's tax free
Look into it for details, just honest advice bruv

Very nice.

Scottrade might not be the best choice. See this: bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98626

Fucking save it!!!! That money will spend itself when the time is right

I already put 15% of my money into one every month.
See

Trip trips, nice.

As a poorfag, me and my GF often talk about what we'd do if we came X amount of dollars, usually like $100k or $200kish.

We'd buy a small plot of land, 1 or 2 acres, and build either a small (three bed, one bath home, single story, no overly large rooms), or buy a manufactured home (trailer/mobile home, yes we live in the south but their popular down here and you can get a double wide for $40/$50k) We would pay off our current cars note, and spend another $5 on a solid second used vehicle. We would put AT LEAST $50 directly into a savings account, and try to invest another $50k if we had so much left into some low gain, but steady stocks, like popular businesses, Sony, cried oil, Samsung, big name shit you know will be around for another 10 or 20 years.

Bravo if you're not buklshitting, op. We always joke about 'hitting it big'. Id honestly rather have a few hundred thousand over millions, honestly. Too much money is almost as big a problem as not enough.

Most importantly, don't spend it like you're rich, and dear job, if you're working, don't quit. No way doesn't last forever. It'll be gone before you know it u less you keep yourself supplied with at least enough to cover your usual expenses. I knew an older man who sued a company Pany a won a $100k settlement, he quit his job and lived like a king for about six months, then when his cash ran out, he ended up having to move back in with his own elderly parents because he couldn't afford to keep up the bills on the things he'd bought (two new cars, an ATV, gegeral big electronics like a 60in TV, huge sound system)

Live smart. Save smart. Spend smart.

Dude, Roth IRA contributions are limited to $5500 a year. I mean, he should definitely do that in the future, but it's not useful advice for what to do with a $200k windfall.

Any personal experience with Vanguard?

Part off any debts. I'd stick it somewhere that will get a bare minimum of 3% or higher annual return. A certificate of deposit (CD) would be a good place to start. IRAs and other investment accounts are definitely worth considering. Take time and think about it carefully in a long-term way.

>Id honestly rather have a few hundred thousand over millions, honestly

Implying a few hundred thousand dollars can even get you a middle class life in America anymore ...

Texas fag here. Ive thought about going into real estate with the money. My mother was really into flipping houses so it would be nice to do that with the money she left me. Maybe not so much trailer homes. Not my taste in slum lord.

If some user has $200k and doesn't mind spotting me 200 for the sake of buying one, sure. I would never spend that much of a video game of my own no way until I got more financially stable, I'm not retarded. That's exactly why I haven't bought one yet.

Also, my gf only recently, like withing the last couple of months, graduated from our local community itt college with a business and account to degree. She's looking for work, but has to find a job where she makes at least enough to cover childcare for our kids while she works, or else she'd just be pissing her time away working for nothing. We've done the math and she needs to make at least $12ish an hour to do so.

By the way, I work as a machine operator at a local hardwood flooring plant, I make $16 an hour. I used to make more but I worked on the road, but when we had our second child I took a lower paying job in order to be home with my family more often. My dad worked on the road during my childhood and I remember never seeing him, and I don't want my kids to grow up like I did.

>Tl;Dr version
I'd never spend my own money so irrisponsibly, but I'd spend someone else's if they let me.

>Pay off my $2k credit card debt
>Buy an okay car that isn't about to fall apart
>Put rest towards a house to live in with my qt3.14 pie gf

You should send me half of it.

What I would do though is buy a sub 200,000 dollar home and save the rest for general use like grocerys.

I'd invest 175k in stocks and spend the rest on life for however long it lasts

Yea, Id buy a mobile home for myself, but never invest in renting them out. The kind of folks who RENT trailers are usually the exact kind of people who don't care care of them and don't keep up their bills.

Now buying foreclosed homes, spending a little to renovate them, and reselling for twice as much? I'd love a little capital to start doing that. Me and my dad are electricians buy trade, and he's also a licensed carpenter and plumber (he's also has a degree in nuclear engineering, go figure) so we'd be able to do most of our own work too. Sucks I'll never have that kind of cash fall into my lap though.

Unless I find user and rob him. Hey OP, where'd you say you're from again? Lol

Not personally. I'm still a student, so no savings to speak of. (Thanks, medicine).

This might also be helpful:
reddit.com/r/personalfinance/wiki/windfall

>pay off 2k credit card debt

See, I may be begging for a Ps4, but at least I've never had credit card debt. Those things are fucking dangerous.

Not saying anything bad about you, user who's comment I'm replying too. But I've seen a looot of people get burned by spending money they didn't have an not be able to pay it back later.

You should do more money with that money.

>200k
>house

What the fuck are you smoking?

Buy me Overwatch I'm such a poor fag :c

Define more?

hey idiot- real estate costs different amounts in different parts of the country

Sorry. I forgot you can still buy mud and straw huts in Niggeria for around 200k. My bad.

sounds like you need to spend less time playing video games and more time getting your fucking life on track

If you're American you should probably use the money to escape your country while you can, and take as many of your family and friends with you as you can.

You can build a decent-sized rural house for ~$80k, buy a Corolla/Civic for $20k, and have $100k left.
Land not included.

No you can't.

? yea you can

Stick it up your butt and post with timestamp

buy an older jeep, a tent, a water purifier, and a fuckload of MREs. drive from the arctic circle to the tip of chile. use the money for additional food, gas, and drugs along the way. live more fulfilling life than 99% of the world.

Yes you can.
Source: did it. Sitting in my house in the Pacific Northwest as I type.
Key is to live outside of a small town, and to use cheap contractors. We used Adair. Plumbing's shit though.

make an investment account and live off the intrest , it would be like 1600$ a month

take 50k and get all the shit you need.

Pay off any bills you have then put the rest in 401k/Roth every year and index funds

im planning on using shipping containers to build a house with about 200k
30k for containers 10k cement foundation 5-10k insulation 15k wood 80k land 10k welding and metal 10k labor 10k pluming and electric

Buy a gun and shoot yourself in the head

Use it to finance my foot's expedition into your ass

If you want to live in a house made of shipping containers, I don't see why not...
You can get a regular house for that money, though...

im gonna be doing most of the work and it would just be easiest for me

Good luck!

planner5d.com/view/?key=e3778e72eb554e02b920e4322f6ec682

what you guys think of this

Looks cool, but do you have to go through the bathrooms to get out of the bedrooms?

thats fine with me

Buy some property and rent it for the resf of your life. Or invest in some business -- bigger reward and greater chance of failure

I urge you to read up a bit more and reconsider it. Having to move through a shared bathroom (which could be locked), is frankly a terrible (and easily avoidable) design idea.

Move toilet to where door is
Move door to where toilet was
Add a wall, make a corridor
Fixed

Strippers and coke.

I would treat all my friends and family to a night out at the pub, then I would put the rest in my savings account and instantly start researching housing options in the states I want to move too after university.

You do you man money is money and you should just spend it on anything that makes you happy

Make smart investments or hire a broker, you could be set for life

planner5d.com/editor/?key=e3778e72eb554e02b920e4322f6ec682

hows this?

Kill yourself?

Invest 30% of it in some low fee investments

give itto me pls
i has no foods :(

Buy and rent out property.

i agree with this man

I was gonna say this. Mind if I still do, guy?

invest half into growth mutual funds
sit on it for 35 years

blow it all on ale and whores

Send 2000USD to [email protected]
You'd be helping me improve my life.
I'd pay off the car, get a better job.
General upgrade to how things are at current.

Buy a nice car, set aside enough money to insure it for 10 years.

Then pay off all debts and invest 3/4 of whatever you have left in a mutual fund (Vanguard Retirement or Index funds are solid).

Just sit on it, it's less money than it seems like.

Via paypal?

I inherited 200k as well not too long ago.
I tossed 20k in my checking just to buy stupid shit.
But the other 180k is now stocks and bonds, in the hands of a financial adviser with Raymond James.
I recommend the same to you.

I've had good returns with the Vanguard target retirement funds so far, but its only been a couple of years.

Craps and hookers. I'm not kidding

Buy Bitcoins.

Maybe don't bring two kids into the world when you can't even take care of yourself loser