I like to think of Ghostbusters in 2 different timelines: the original and the alternate (the remake/reboot which has...

I like to think of Ghostbusters in 2 different timelines: the original and the alternate (the remake/reboot which has references to the original cast despite them not being Ghostbusters in this new universe).

The original of course consists of the first 2 movies as well as the video game (which technically acts as the 3rd story) as well as Casper considering Dan Aykroyd has a guest cameo as Stantz.

The new remake/reboot movie therefore exists in a universe where the original Ghostbuster team never were Ghostbusters, but I like to think of this set in an alternative universe, acknowledging that the original universe does exist in some point in time (hence all the cameos of the original is featured).

Thoughts?

What about the Real Ghostbusters

Hi sonygger

Have a few cents and some sage

Well considering the original actors did not reprise their role as voicing the characters, I didn't include it.

If it's an alt universe where the original never became Ghostbusters, then who saved the city from Zhuul? Because that event was going to happen whether the guys became Ghostbusters or not.

My initial thought is autism combined with stating the obvious. Aside from the Casper cameo, that was a joke, not a point of canonicity.

I like to think of them as made up stories that aren't real.

What autist gives a fuck about "universes"

>If it's an alt universe where the original never became Ghostbusters, then who saved the city from Zhuul?
Zuul is mentioned at the end of the remake, therefore Zuul takes place in a sequel implying Zuul was not the first real threat the new Ghostbusters went up against; it being Rowan.

>That event was going to happen
Obviously not.
The 2016 is hinting Zuul as a sequel.

Most of tv and film nowdays is quoted as "cinematic universes" user. Take Marvel and DC.

So is it a different universe or not? What about the comics? Where do the comics where they meet the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, X-Files, and Mars Attacks fit? Huh, faggot? Where do they go?

Acting like you know shit. Fuck you.

>What autist gives a fuck about _____
welcome to hell, /r/movies

Even if they mean it to be a complete reboot, the fact that the paranormal exists in the Ghostbusters universe could easily explain the nonsensical references and cameos as being an alternate universe.

Obviously the coming of Gozer with Zuul and Vinz Clortho hasn't happened yet in this universe.

idk if it is true but I found this quote online:
>The director of the original Ghostbusters confirmed in an interview that this scene is actually canon, believe it or not. Casper 1995 and Ghostbusters are in the same universe

>Zuul for the sequel
FUCK!

Are you serious? So this is worse than just a reboot, it's a reboot pre-prequel.

>We have no original ideas, lets keep ripping ideas from the original run even though this is a reboot.

I would have been happier if this had been a sequel. It would have made more sense and flowed better, use some established lore, instead of rehash shit worse than Episode IV.

I am sorry I didn't acknowledge the comics I just put together the movies and the voice talent of the original cast.

The same thing goes with Sam Raimi's Spiderman. They are set in a universe that has nothing to do with the comics!

Also: Sony wants to do a Slimer sequel hence which is why they have Slimer go into the portal.

I do not at all see Slimer as the main character in a standalone movie... just would not work

>"Yeah sure, whatever "
AHHMAHGARRD GUISE WE HAVE TOI TELL THE INTERNET

If its true, he was also having a joke.

There is no way Sony would be able to do this guy justice if they wanted to re hash GB2 ideas for another sequel.

Fuck you all: Ghostbusters 2 gave me the absolute chills and scares as a child.

>1991
>ESRB

The game's story takes place 2 years after the events of GB2

>Episode 4
>Rehash

Meant to say of Episode IV by VII

Same here. I was too young to see the first one in theaters, saw the sequel in theaters and that shit was fucking scary but in a good way. Made me fall in love with the whole occult lore mystery devices.

>Ghostbusters 2 gave me the absolute chills and scares as a child.
same

The canon in Real Ghostbusters is that the movies actually are in-universe movies of the characters in the cartoon. There was an episode where the team go to bust some ghosts haunting the movie set, and by the end they go to a theater to watch the first movie. Meta as fuck.

I always found it so odd that the Real Ghostbusters didn't look like the actual actors.

Was it because the studio didn't want to pay Murray and everyone else to use their likeliness? That would explain why the Men in Black cartoon had designs that looked nothing like Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.

yeah that's pretty much it, because it wasn't a parody show so it didn't fall under fair use and it was around the time of the whole Back to the Future II debacle where they had stolen Crispin Glover's face for that movie, they didn't want the same to happen for their show.

Murray though was kind of a dick to the voice actor who played Peter Venkmen (Lorenzo Music). He got him fired because he didn't sound anything like Murray, even though the cartoon looked nothing like him either.

>Casper knew this

You know, the idea that Casper's three retarded uncles would be tougher busts than an interdimensional evil deity or an undead sorcerer king, is a bit difficult to accept.

>3 ghosts vs 1 Ghostbuster