Let's have a comfy food thread and post your favourite local dish(es)

Let's have a comfy food thread and post your favourite local dish(es)

Pic very related, meal for the gods

My favourite breakfast: eggs, some kind of meat (sausage, bacon, steak, cured ham, etc.), fresh and/or fried vegetables (usually tomatoes and cucumbers), some cheese, maybe some fried potatoes, and if the egg yolks are runny, some bread, too.

Pic extremely related, with some bonus fried leeks.

Native American Dish
It's a dessert and pretty good

It literally doesn't get any comfier.

Our version of Peri Peri chicken.
"Galinha à africana"

Also serradura

junkie pot

One of my favourite "comfort" foods I rarely have is sheftalia, which is like a fresh pork sausage but wrapped in caul fat (fatty stomach lining) instead of intestines.

Another one is pastitsio (makaronia tou fournou), which isn't so special, but it's easy to make and tastes incredible when still warm from the oven.

my greek ex-roommate did that quite often

Is pastitsio just a less healthy moussaka or is there some secret ingredient that makes it its own thing?

That's alot of fried onion

Squash blossom quesadilla with huitlacoche (corn fungus).

Prickly pear sorbet

Yeah, it's not difficult to make, and you can make a huge batch of it.

They both use bechamel sauce on top, and both usually have ground beef (but I've had them with pork or lamb), but moussaka is more like a vegetable (potatoes, eggplant, and zucchini) casserole while pastitsio is a pasta (some kind of tubular pasta like penne or bucatini) casserole.

There are also some variations of both dishes. Some people add tomato to pastitsio, while I don't add it to the dish. I also add some halloumi cheese into the mixture and sprinkle it on top.

Tejate is a beverage made of flowers and fermented beans of cacao, toasted maize and mamey pits.

>beverage made of flowers and fermented beans of cacao, toasted maize and mamey pits.

Would drink.

Swabian detected

/real swabian hours/

Want to be a house"""wife"""?

Pic related is my favorite kind of tamale, which is a maize dough filled with mole sauce and chicken meat, all steamed in a corn husk. There are different variations of mole but the black one usually contains chocolate, dried chiles, cinnamon, sesame seeds, dried fruits, black pepper, garlic and onion.

It's very energetic. I would decribe it as a colder, more creamy and raw chocolate.