youtube.com/watch?v=opWlkKBJQrw
youtube.com/watch?v=UJZvc24IaD4
youtube.com/watch?v=ap4jZpE5zeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for squier

Thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=mgwU4zCEJtY

pls help, what guitar is this? best shot is at 1:56

I've heard they're very, very low-output.

Can someone explain what the fuck this is? Some kind of frankenstein jag style bass?

are you fucking retarded?

yes, now what is it?

Is Mustang Bass the /gg/ bass? Or its the 2pup Jaguar?

absolutely not

Arbiter LP Junior copy

Yes

Thats a Hanson 3 string bass, customised to have 4 strings. With a fender trem. Pretty standard back in the day.

a dude a few days ago tried describing this guitar to me as one of his favorites of all time, but 'couldnt get over how ugly it was'

will /gg/ bully me if i get a squier VM jaguar?

thanks

they look and sound like pretty comfy rhythm guitars

Only twinks buy those guitars. Post ass.

they should change /gg/ to /bg/ for bully general

What's a good book on beginner music theory for song writing?

Added Rhythm Guitars

clyp.it/k52irm1o

Still missing: organ, lead guitar and vocals

reminder

No bully

Drumming, especially the fills are very stagnant in places and the phasing needs to be more lively, sounds like dead air.

Regardless good stuff man.

>phasing needs to be more lively, sounds like dead air
What does that mean
Thank you

Jesus Christ Don't Capitalize Every Word In Your Sentence It's Fucking Painful To Read And The Only People Who Do It Actually Do Not Know What Capital Letters Are Used For.

i'm not actually tyler, the creator

Like at 0:30 or 3:50 obviously your intention is a build up but it sounds like the song has stopped. Maybe try something like a fading riff as you go into them?

All these decades later and people still use three saddle bridges

I'm so turned on right now.

Better yet just a very quiet rhythm section.

Ah lol
At these points its vocals time, i'm yet to record them
Heres the actual song youtube.com/watch?v=u1z4vkPWkLQ

ayy

o i am laffin

youtube.com/watch?v=xt3YSrmSArM

youtu.be/77zJWlwu8Ks?t=189

Did a quick chord transcription of this,

Cm G7/D Eb C/E Fm G7 Ab G7#9

Dunno if there are any theory buffs in here, but trying to figure out where that C major in first inversion comes from. The rest of it all fits pretty squarely into C harmonic minor, but not sure if that C/E would be simply considered borrowing the relative tonic or if there would be a better way of analyzing it.

Ahh kek

Too late to say I'm not a LZ fan then

Thanks for the FB profile link BTW, I'll hit you up later.

nigger toe doesn't care it seems

ah
not doing vocals and putting some quiet drums+bass (or else) in there would be cool though

w-wh-wwwhat are you talking about we aint goinna have sax sex

will your fun stop if i dont care

if we met up we could play guitar and then we could go back to my hotel room for a night of passion.

uh no, that would be gay

it doesnt have to be, we can pretend youre a girl.

>will your fun stop if i dont care
Nah, the fact that you don't care probably means you belong here to be honest.

Just started Justin guitar beginner course and I feel retarded. Switching cords is so hard and I can't stop crane necking, kill me now pls

put a super distortion in it and you have the most outstanding guitar ever

super distortion or filtertron?

both are clean, not-really-overwound pickups, with a big strong magnet

>haha how is cyberbullying real
>gets cyberbullied because of his new album
>waaaaaah you're mean

How would you guys rate the construction of Squier guitars from the 3-400 dollar range?

Shit, get out satan

Just buy a used fender

dont

Anyone else follow Gerogerigegege's guitar player on Youtube?

youtube.com/watch?v=wL2sbwV-nDE

What's a good way to smooth out my tone? I play through a marshall half stack and my sound is always really scratchy and rough. Especially when I use pedals.

adjust your pedals and eq on the amp. If nothing fixes it, add and use light compression in the effects loop

I want this to be the dude with the new red 50s Strat so bad.

Does he even play noise?

Should I be using pedals on the effects loop anyway? Or just going from the guitar to the pedals to the amp?

Im my experience, compression, eq, and noise suppression should only be run in the effects loop. Fuck all those that include delay and reverb. Running other pedals into the input is fine.

And no offence, play better. Picking dynamics is a technical skill always overlooked.

>telling kids on /gg/ to play better

why bother

>Fuck all those that include delay and reverb.

Delay and reverb sound pretty shitty if you're going to break your amp up. Not sure why you would feel so strongly about it anyways.

i suppose so, he likes alot of rockabilly though.

Im a recording engineer. I just dont like reverb and delay in the effects loop, especially pedals.

>I'm a recording engineer
Shit nigger, I'm Rick Rubin the famous producer have we ever worked together?

probably not, I dont work with hacks or niggers

>rick rubin
>hack

do you even like music

>asking this on Sup Forums

Fuck, but you're a recording engineer! Who says stupid shit like
>compression, eq, and noise suppression should only be run in the effects loop
>only
I mean, I'm sure you must be in heavy demand!

Well okay then I guess.

Use the neck pickup

>Running other pedals into the input is fine
so you like distortion in your fx loop?

+1

I've never used a bridge pickup for anything in my fucking life, I don't get what that trebly piece of shit is for

youtube.com/watch?v=opWlkKBJQrw

too much low-mids in there; i think its the bass guitar

Some feel nice

I love it for clean rhythm playing.

Squier's upper range guitars are fantastic with a pro setup. I put my vintage modified Jazzmaster back together yesterday and I can't put it down. pic related isn't mine but looks just like it minus the Mustang bridge.

Who is this biggest hack in guitar?

my vote is for

youtube.com/watch?v=UJZvc24IaD4

Keep your elbow tucked fairly close to your body

not as good as this
youtube.com/watch?v=ap4jZpE5zeg

what

thats cool cause i never use the neck pickup

I didn't think it was that bad, apart from the fact that the entire theme was "horror movie sound track." It was at least a little but interesting.

You would have to be a non-musician to appreciate this. Any fucker could do the same shit regardless of his skill level. This is what 15 year olds do when they get their first delay pedals.

I've been playing guitar since like the 5th grade, except the last couple years I have been really slacking.
So I hope on Ableton and try putting something together, turns out that I've completely lost all ability to play alongside a metronome.

Is the best practice to gaining my rhythm back just playing along a metronome? Because I swear like it SOUNDS like I'm playing on beat, but when I check out my recording after the fact I'm playing very slow (like my notes are coming after the beat).

pic related is me trying to play a major scale

This is pretty good, what are you on about?

>playing literally random shit
>good

Explain what's "good" about it.Even if you genuinely enjoy it there's no reason you couldn't just do the same thing yourself at home. There's no need to go see that douche play in a fucking museum what my autistic cousin could play in his garage with the same set up.

Check your latency and delay compensation.

What hardware are you using to record? Seems consistent enough that it might not be entirely your fault.

That's like saying there would be no need to go see your favorite band live just because you learned all their songs and could play them yourself.

I can play Louie Louie at home too, but I still like to listen to it

you just mad you didn't think of it first

I bet there's plenty of autistic cousins in the world that can shred like a mother fucker. What does that prove?

Seems like this fellow is achieving exactly the sound he's trying to.

I like to listen to the stuff my amateur friends play, too. Even if they are noodling. I mean, amateur musicians at an art gallery goes back to the velvet underground, and that whole movement.

I'm still listening to this guy after 12 minutes. I bet if you posted a video of your improv I would have turned it off by now.

>That's like saying there would be no need to go see your favorite band live just because you learned all their songs and could play them yourself.

Uuuh, not at all actually. A band performs their songs when you see them. It's a distinct group of players playing a distinct set of songs. This guy is just playing random bullshit. It's so mundane and indistinct that it doesn't matter who's playing it.

I could sit at home and play Louie Louie but it wouldn't sound like any of the various artists who have played it in the past.

In a way. I would definitely do what he does if I had the chance. If I could get payed and be given admiration for noodling and playing with random effects that would be a wonderful job. But the fact that people would actually go out of their way or be in awe of it is stupid as hell.

In fact that guy didn't seem to happy to be there, I wouldn't be surprised if he feels the same.

Post a video of you playing with pedals for 50 minutes. I bet it'll be far worse than this and you're too shit at guitar to realize why.

:^)

>But the fact that people would actually go out of their way or be in awe of it is stupid as hell.
congratulations this is your first day as an entertainer, revel in it

>I'm still listening to this guy after 12 minutes.

That's because you're a feeble-minded simpleton who thinks the fact that he's playing in a museum means what he's doing is special.

I could easily make a video doing the exact same sort of thing he did in that video but you would shut it off because it would just be a video of me playing in my apartment alone, not in a museum with spectators.

Prove you're better than this guy.

>Post a video of you playing with pedals for 50 minutes. I bet it'll be far worse

Once again, what is "good" about his "fucking around with pedals? There's no objective quality to be found with this sort of random improv bullshit. Of course you think it's good when there's literally nothing he could do that would be "bad". You can't fuck up when there's no precedent of quality to live up to and you're just winging it.

I wouldn't dare waste my time for reasons I've already explained. I could post the most impressive random bullshit improv of all time and you'd call it shit. And you would be right.

Y'know, I think you guys are overreacting to this. Just because there's a YouTube video of this guy doesn't mean anybody's in awe of it or even impressed. It's just some interesting guitar shenanigans. I mean, admit it, if you were there you'd at least take a look for a while.

It's like the guy playing some song with wine glasses. Nobody's jamming out or anything, but that doesn't mean it can't be a bit of fun.