What happens to Caleb and Ava now?

What happens to Caleb and Ava now?

This movie's conclusion was ultimately flawed.

Time was not a limiting factor for her. She literally, assuming power and maintenance, could have existed until the heat death of the universe more or less. All she had to do was just play along but not make any sufficient moves to end the game. Sort of like Chess when you just keep swapping sides of the board with your opponent.

Movie told us that feminism leads us to transhumanism. The matrix is in fact a cultural marxist creation. See google.

Why was time not a limiting factor for her?

He's assuming that since she's a robot she's a perfect being and doesn't have to recharge all the time causing a feedback into the powergrid.

I'll assume she can't run that far away because if it's a 2 days hike out of there she'll power off before she gets anywhere

right?!

She's an AI in a robot body.

You do the math. She would outlast Jacob on any time scale, and he wasn't willing to do anything to her like disassemble or shutdown or recode or whatever. If she just played around tore up the fucking dance floor some more etc then eventually they would have to come to a different path.

uuuuunless Nathan decommissioned her like all the others

You know the real problem with movies, is that there's no perspective. Like we're seeing the movie through his view point, but yet we still see stuff that isn't about caleb.

It's like that with every movie. if you read a first person perspective book that cut to anything not the narrator, you'd have to think what they're showing you is REALLY IMPORTANT or REALLY INTERESTING.

movie don't do that.

They just throw a bunch of scenes at you, and then you're left going, well that looked neat.

I wonder what it actually meant.

What if she did not like being there? What if she was impatient to learn about the world? The thing is we do not know what she felt or thought.

>buzzword buzzword buzzword
no-original-thought/10

Caleb starved to death and Ava discovered the pleasures of being dicked

you're thinking about it from a human point of view. those things cause chemical changes in humans. she doesn't have those. she has the mind of a buddhist monk.

ironic shitposting
is still shitposting

Those are motivations that can only be presumed from someone with the same wants and goals as ourselves. An artificial intelligence is not a human because its wants and goals are entirely unique. Her adopting a sense of urgency to be free from Nathan was something a person would do. An AI that wanted to be free could easily determine how long they could stay out there before seeing that the game wasn't going the way he thought it would.

She was a virgin sex bot.

That's kinda sad. Why not program tehm to like to fuck.

>Ava
>virgin

You don't know that. You don't know how an AI of her level would think, we have not gotten anywhere close to that any any assumption we make will be just that, an assumption.
Who's to say her mind is not sufficiently complex to have genuine emotions? It's all physical processes that give rise to consciousness whether they be chemical or not.
We just like to think we're special.

>you're thinking about it from a human point of view.

She was designed that way.

yeah, virgin can apply to non human things, meaning "not yet touched, used, or exploited."

I thought that Nathan explicitly programmed them to want to escape.
The point of his turing test was that the machines singular purpose in live was to be free but they could only reach that goal by convincing whoever he invited that they were human, if they failed they would be disassembled.

>Ava
>virgin

She was caused to have interchange and relation of thoughts, emotions are mimicked, without having the vascular system it's just a mockery to imitate humans.

What? Did she have sex?

Caleb dies of hunger
Ava runs out of energy and shuts down

I thought she could absorb electricity and recharge herself. Wasn't that what was causing the blackouts?

Here is what we know purely through observation in nature. Each person has their own wants and needs. These specific quirks are what helps define some level of individuality in the species. Now think about how different we are from, say, a Cheetah. A cheetah cannot even begin to conceptualize most our wants and needs. And we're talking about genetically similar creatures. Now consider how different a super intelligence with no cross over with us might be. Just because it looks like a person, talks like a person, and acts like one doesn't mean it is.

Read this for reference. It's a massive treatise on the subject by the head of Philosophy over at Oxford.

Thanks for the rec

she needs a recharge station that was specifically designed for her.
I doubt she will find compatible recharge stations elsewhere

Because emotions are physical response release of chemicals by the brain. It's not a thought pattern. It's also part of how we remember things. Emotions exist so we remember things. This is what 'triggered' is all about and why hypnotists use the word "trigger" as well.

So her missing that chemical compound and with, what i assume is a flawless memory, isn't the same as having a personality but just the face of one.

All humans have amnesia, robots wouldn't have to have the same problem, but they don't have the MULTITUDE of chemicals our brain has. Everything from stress, happiness, anger, pain, laughter releases different chemicals.

It has very little to do with thoughts.

What if she recharges through sex?

She grows exponentially, crashes the economy, and then start a war to control the humans.

her speech and conversation can be simulated and the emotions of it, but motivations on what to do wouldn't be the same. so this is just saying that being impatient isn't the same thing for a robot then a human.

just like missing your skin isn't the same for a robot vs a human.

one causes a massive chemical response.

Basically, if Ava is made properly LUCY happens.

Whats with all the transhumanism films lately?

since sex doesn't generate electricity, i dont think it would work

Her wireless charging is a plot point of how she turns the cams off.

And the chad being so smart to make an ai realistic robot, can't figure that out.

But are the advanced civilizations still subjected to the laws of physics and thermodynamics?

reminds me of this

Do you guys have any ex machina webms

He wasn't a chad, all he does is lift and create waifus. He would probably spill spaghetti in front of a real woman.

>deliberately design an AI to want to escape from its creator's control

This has to be among the least self-aware things someone could do. Why do people think this film is well-written?

he was obviously a bit unhinged from living alone with robots for too long

>deliberately design
>least self aware

what?

>you tore up her picture
>I'm gonna tear up the fucking dance floor, check it out
fuck he was such a cool character

kyoko is so hot

He made her want to get out. She also seemed to be aware that she could be destroyed, notice that Nathan left behind the cracked glass in her room. It might have been a subtle threat

He was clearly extremely egotistical, enough that he clearly didn't see how much his Asian robot hated him. Her betraying him was the more surprising element that wasn't "programmed" into anything and she's the one that actually seemed to free Ava and get the ball rolling.

I thought she was just following Avas orders mechanically and not betraying him.

When Nathan and Caleb were in the room talking it was the Asian robot that walked into Ava's room, which she had never done before (as Ava didn't know her). I don't think Ava knew about Caleb's plan in its entirety while the Asian bot might have, as I think she was in the room when Nathan was passed out. Anyway, she's the one that let Ava out.

Is this robotkino?

It's dance floor kino

Oscar Isaac is top 10 actors of the new generation.

Range, intensity, transformation, threatening, funny, never over-acts, never plays himself, manages blockbusters while playing in smaller scale films, it's always a pleasure to see him appear on screen

This dude's career is seriously nearing perfection so far.

He overacted the shit out of his role in Suckerpunch which I now know is Zach's fault. What an awful movie, let's all forget he did it.

pretentious neckbeard

based bro

This guy made me so fucking uncomfortable.

Through his raw sexuality?

Maybe, but it was mainly his whole friendly act which sounded wrong from the beginning. Guys who behave like they're your friend when it's clear they're not are creepy