What words are used in your country to describe really cheap, low-end alcohol? In English, we'd use words like "rotgut...

What words are used in your country to describe really cheap, low-end alcohol? In English, we'd use words like "rotgut," "hooch," or "swill." I've heard Mexicans use "matarratas," which literally means rat poison.

gnôle

more or less pronounced as "nee-owl" in what passes for the language of this misbegotten kind named "Anglos"

tetra, it is so cheap it doesn't even come in a bottle

cachaça applies for everything except the really expensive drinks.
and there's corote

"Plörre" maybe? Or "Brühe"?

goon

cheap wine which is around $10 for 30 standard drinks. mostly teenagers drink it

it's not commercialized in normal supermarket though, a bit different

I don't know about cheap but here we call general booze Guaro

more like guano xd

I use 'swill'

Where are you from? Here "guaro" it is also the common name for booze

Why would teenagers drink wine? They're young, drink to get fucked up. Drink wine when you're older.

Cheapest alcohol to $ ratio.

When I wad young I lived on a reservation in northern Wisconsin. Residents jokingly called cheap alcohol "Fire Water". I went back there recently and people now unironically call it Fire Water. Kind of sad.

How expensive is hard liquor? You get fucked up way worse from say- Vodka or Whiskey. And way faster too. Getting drunk off wine is fucking retarded unless you're a wine aunt.

>And way faster too
Is the wine you have as shitty as your beer?
Drink a few cups of good german wine and you're singing within 20 minutes.

piquette

Centraca?

I nearly killed myself with Steel Reserve back in college and proceeded to have that worst hangover ever. Ever since then cheap booze is a no go.

California has some of the best Vineyards in the world, so no, the US can make good wine. That and the quality of wine shouldn't be based on how drunk it makes you. Here good wine is mostly coupled with good meals. Also we are capable of making good beer too. Most of the stuff you think of as American beer is pisswater like Budweiser, Miller, and god-forbid Coors. California, New England, Colorado, and especially Wisconsin are known for making excellent beer. Good beer is just more expensive unless you live in a good beer state.

Both expensive, and like it was said they're teens. Vodka would fuck them up and whiskey is too strong
Wine is sweet

Fucking pooftas amirite?

Here is an example of a good American beer

Forgot pic.

No further questions

>muh craft beers
There's literally thousands of breweries in the US and they each have about 0.000001% of the marketshare.

Don't be a cunt

Tlamolep (mouthglue) for cheap and weak alcohol
Špiritus (spirit) for strong
Dryák for something generally unpleasant
Božena for products of Božkov, famously cheap and low quality alcohol

But in general, we call alcohol by its name and let the name speak for itself.

Cheap piss
Specifically for wine- goon
For spirits- draincleaner
For beer- rat's piss

Which is sad. Atleast there are people trying to make good beer.

Also, just because America probably has the best beer in the world based on the sheer number of breweries doesn't excuse the fact that we also make unarguably the Worst beer in the world as well.

I'm just tired of other countries like Germany telling us that we make no good beer without once trying any of the good stuff we make.

Cheapest you'd usually get would be approx $35 / 700 ml = approx US$27 / quart bottle
Spirits here get seriously taxed while winemakers get taxbreaks and subsidies

>USA
>best wine yard in the world and makes good wine

Australia, Chile and Argentina make better wine than you

gnôle for spirit
piquette for wine
and pisse d'âne (donkey's piss) for beer

Why hard liquor but not wine? They're both alcoholic products?

I didn't say the best. Without doubt it would be France that makes the best wine. Californian Wine has won awards in Europe.

Because proles consider wine gay and would rather get smashed on hard liquor

>not brewing your own beer
Pic related, an ale I'm fermenting.

Social convention here says spirits are a demon drink that destroys lives whereas our winemakers are gentle artisans in a crucial agricultural industry.

I'm going to put a Cooper's Real Ale on once the temperature cools down a bit

My neighbor brews his own stuff. Pretty good stuff too!

I'm sorry to hear that user. Does Australia make any good liquors?

Generic word for any shitty or weak alcohol is "sikacz" which would come from "piss". Another rarer word would be "bełt" - "vomit".

Awful cheap wines are called "jabols" which is vaguely related to word "apple" because apple wines were the most common ones.

The cheap wines have plenty of otther names, for example I've heard older people (think: my parents) call them "mózgojeby" which is "brainfuckers".

I think we call it "bomba". Its used to describe a drink you can been given in a bar that its not pure or mixed with shit like rubbing alchohol and if you're unlucky enough you will go to the nearest hospital. Some bars serve those to save money and you don't know if your drink is going to be like that.

"poylo" or "boyarka"

I live in Kentucky. There are at least two dozen distilleries within 100 miles of me and the "bourbon trail" is a large part of the local economy so there's not much room to view it as a vice.