Admit it. It's prog

Admit it. It's prog.

*admits it*

check er

take a look at these digits

Admit it. It's prog.

admit these dubs

kek what fuck off slimy baitman

If pic related is prog, I see no reason why RiL isn't prog.

I would literally rather eviscerate my testicles and shove a rusted fork into my eyeball than admit anything by Pink Floyd is prog.

Take me to the river take a look at my numbers.

its new wave

What makes Discipline prog but not Remain in Light?

According to Wikipedia it's post-progressive and new wave.

>post-progressive

>post-progressive

It can't be prog seeing as it's actually good.

Its honestly not though.

Shit taste

fags can't even count posts correctly

ah bollocks

What makes you say that?

It's jazz

who wouldn't? it was definitely progressive

Prog rock is often schlock and not experimental or progressive in the least, don't get autistic with names friendo

wikipedia is generally awful for genre tagging

What is this artist and music genre?

It's literally not though

i've never understood prog as a genre. clearly only something progressive would fit into that genre so how could you say that there is certain prog rock that's not progressive? that's fucking autistic.

Shit taste
Refer to the above statement to see how someone could say that

Honestly, who cares what genre it is, as long as it's good?

I'm saying it's a spurious category when groups like e.g. EL&P exist. I'm not saying prog doesn't have some identifiable features, but a lot of it is not progressive as we generally conceive of it. So something like Remain in Light is, in a sense, progressive, but it doesn't share the genre's conventions. All of this is to say that prog rock does not necessarily progressive in the sense of pushing formal boundaries or experimenting. This is not a matter of taste.

Third by Soft Machine, who are generally classified as part of the Canterbury Scene in prog. But this is really a jazz fusion album

>Prog rock is often schlock
>This is not a matter of taste.
really gets my grey matter bubbling

You got me. But a less loaded term like "derivative" would also suffice. My point is that prog rock is not synonymous with progressive music, will you allow me that?

Can someone explain me what its "Progressive rock"?
(and what its not?)
Its pic relate prog?

If you'd used derivative in the first place I could agree with you. I understand what you're saying now

That's krautrock, which can sound very different depending on the band. If you take RYM as a source, kraut is a style of both prog-rock and experimental rock

This is not really prog. I hate using meme terms but art rock really is the best word for it.
You are delusional if you think Atom Heart Mother and Meddle aren't prog albums.