youtube.com/watch?v=9MiuqyWVQ44
youtu.be/kxuJr_H2jFk
youtube.com/watch?v=sm3ejj09LYw
youtube.com/watch?v=b9DwnMqVI-U
youtube.com/watch?v=beKs4olq4DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BQKRLpWOwUk
youtube.com/watch?v=PmSPPYG9dp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because people don't want expand their tastes. most people just listen to the accessible mucore and call anyone that enjoys anything other than the normal shit a contrarian. i fucking hate mu so much because of this, but i come back because usually there's some decent threads where people don't circle jerk the same fucking artists

laughing stock is sub-core plenty of people have heard it

>laughing stock
>not accessible mucore

retarded or bait?

nobody talks about it and or likes it though, at least not like people discuss remain in light

Spirit of Eden is better than both desu

Whatever I didn't read carefully enough. You wanna talk about problems with Sup Forums, look at yourself and the way you act towards others.

i'm talking about weezer fags and indie tards that can't listen to anything thats not alt rock/pop punk/ indie pop

i had no trouble listening to this album the first time but some people have it harder because of the shit music they listen to

because it is, and I like Talk Talk

>and I like Talk Talk
Ok? That doesn't make you any less wrong.

The two albums are nothing alike and anyway Mama Mia post rock sure is a shitty genre

Obviously meant to quote Mimi is such a fucking garbage app

how am I wrong

why is this better than RiL

It is.

Post-rock is for literal children, just a stepping stone for better genres and albums.

>weezer fags and indie tards that can't listen to anything thats not alt rock/pop punk/ indie pop
good thing we don't have those on Sup Forums

It's a masterpiece whereas RiL is just a bunch of post-African repetitions and not even the best Talking Heads album

As long as we continue to designate a set of albums as Sup Forumscore (and we will), the albums that belong to it will get a disproportionate amount of attention, as this is what people listen to when they first get here. It's like a common starting point for all the newfags. So of course in a system like this you can't expect that as many people would be familiar with Laughing Stock. But this doesn't prove that they aren't expanding their taste, everyone just expands it somewhat differently. In a tournament that attracts a lot of people you're statistically bound to see a relative lack of familiarity with an artist like Talk Talk as opposed to Talking Heads.

why is it a masterpiece

Somebody recommend me some great jazz influenced rock albums

"hello I'm a contrarian with shit taste in music"

Found the pleb

Aja if you haven't already

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

I can't believe you're really unironically saying "post-African" rhythms like you're fucking Stockhausen. And to defend Talk Talk.

those post-african repetitions are better than the fedoracore that is Laughing Stock

Post-rock is one of the first genres that new Sup Forumsdrones dive into. It is highschool-core for dumb kids, so they can feel superior to all the dadrockers and pop-listeners in their classes, holding up stuff like Tortoise's TNT as a masterpiece, when it's really just utterly mediocre when put next to any good jazz record

It is legitimately low IQ music

Do you really believe what you just said

the thing is, newfags talk about albums worse than mucore before they're talking about actual good albums.

and yes music is subjective but why can't they go on some grimes subreddit?

PLACE MY CHAIR AT THE BACKROOM DOOR

I exaggerated a bit, but Post-rock is awful, and I always chuckle a bit when people shit on 3rd wave and reminisce about 1st wave post-rock, as if the genre wasn't stale from the get-go

>Spiderland, Laughing Stock and Sprit of Eden
Fuck outta here you cuck.

This album is awful, and there's a reason why AntiWarhol hates this album and all of post-rock

Sorry, this was meant for

I've no time for why?posters right now. If you have a point, make one.

Whom are you quoting??

But that's what it is?

youtube.com/watch?v=9MiuqyWVQ44
Am I a drone for not hearing what's stale about this or have I just not heard enough music as you?

Fuck that, Countdown to Ecstacy

THOSE DIGITS!

>an entire post made up of ad hominem, with an offhand reference to a supposedly superior genre to make it seem like you know what you're talking about
Opinion disregarded.

Don't ask other people to not use conjecture if you can't formulate a post not built on it yourself

lol this mad because people on this board don't like the same music as you. fuck off

post-rock clown in dunce cap and all discovered eating two mcdoubles outside of walmart listening to optimistic in solid banana color hoodie

>attempting to prove him wrong by posting a literal Talk Talk ripoff band
At least try
youtu.be/kxuJr_H2jFk

what's the superior genre?

Wow! Thanks for the cool advice my man I'll keep this in mind next time i make a post on the Sup Forums music board :)

referencing Jazz when bringing up TNT is hardly "offhand"

I guess post-rock babies wouldn't know

I now have a reason to get more Pram, thanks user

But only the first three songs on that are worth your time. All of Aja is.

Those aren't even ad hominems, you absolute goober. He's just insulting you.

youtube.com/watch?v=sm3ejj09LYw
could have at least dropped their actual masterpiece level work
you're batting zero coherent posts so don't mention it

Agreed

You're still doing it, by the way. And what does accessibility have to do with not liking the same music?

youtube.com/watch?v=b9DwnMqVI-U

post good first wave that's not circlejerked

There are a variety of superior genres. A great deal of free-folk and free improvisation, a great deal of indie-rock, even a lot of ambient and industrial as well as minimal techno, ambient techno, some ambient house experiments, chicago house, art-pop/indie-pop, lots of post-hardcore and if you wanted to go a bit further in time and consider hypnagogic pop, freak folk developments and new EAI alongside the lieu of industrial techno and british electronic sub-genres or emerging neo-psychedelia to some extent as well as the downtempo and dream pop and minimal synth re-iterations and going a bit back all the plunderphonics masterworks you'll find a rich array of stronger, intense and more diversified experimental and vaguely rock-like music and I would argue they all brought more results than what Wire dubbed 'post-rock' unless you like masturbating to Old at the playground or wear single a Jedi-lock or whatever then that's cool too.

Damn nice posting ideology you could have ended it all if you just turned your turtle shell 180 degrees and THOUGHT for a second and then wrote that down instead of counter-parenting him and I get that that's a hard mind set to break when you don't really have people to talk to but I mean man find SOME one.

>indie rock
>Neo psychedelia

youtube.com/watch?v=beKs4olq4DQ

Daily reminder that staleness, like all music, is a matter of personal perception and you shouldn't let the negativity in a thread like this dissuade you from listening to music that you genuinely like.

Mate, I admit Sup Forums has flaws but every single board has that level of hostility. Which is low, relatively speaking.

you very clearly have less people to talk to than me if this matters that much to you and you haven't been on your medication in this long
>not circlejerked
ya blew it

His statement was nothing more than "[album I don't like] sucks compared to [genre that's cool to like]" if he had actually elaborated on his claim at all I might have been able to take him seriously. Right now he's basically namedropping, but he's too pleb to even namedrop specific artists so he just goes ahead and namedrops an entire genre.

Furthermore, TNT's relationship to jazz is fairly superficial and mostly limited to instrumentation and use of harmony. It has far more in common with classical minimalism (filtered through Krautrock obviously).

A lot of post-rock or at least before the turn of the millennium would ... just fall directly hand-in-hand with indie rock but a lot bands managed to maintain that form and produce a lot more fruitful efforts as well as leave broader influence not that that is an entire measure unto itself but what do you think??? I think even neo-psych has proven it can handle some unique territory. not just talking about fucking tame impala but brightblack morning light, mercury rev, fucking pram, early brian johnstown massacre but also a huge indonesian offshoot would lend itself more to that than post-rock can say anything, soundtrack perpetuation and shitty live band-core

youtube.com/watch?v=BQKRLpWOwUk

did i still blow it

I almost posted that but I think I like I'm a War slightly more
Good taste

it doesnt matter at all to me LOL if you equate what i wrote as having taken any effort then you truly are a dumpy little (and clearly offended) dumpling salesman. im contributing a lot to the thread, just scooping you cus i think you're not trying to do anything for anyone here

any band recommendations in neo psychedelia?

Cringed hard

plus ive never been on any medication so you sound fucking nuts

>calls others plebs and listens to post-rock
Lol

>adds literally nothing to the thread

yeah I got to hurt your feelings to the point where you responded

Why does everyone who prefers one album to another see praise to the other as a personal vendetta against their music taste
some things are more popular than others, popularity doesn't mean good, it just means talked about. calm the fuck down and start a thread praising what you like instead of shitting on discussion about other music

People actually take AntiWarhol seriously in 2017?

Because post-rock fans are actually braindead, moreso than emo fans.

He's more knowledgeable about music than this entire thread combined, but then again that's not saying much.

what do you disagree with exactly? i mean i cant exactly read your mind so some articulation might help out a bit here. are you just showing that you can type? that's cool i guess. we ARE on the music board here so I'm not sure what you're trying to convey besides classic arrogance in the form of fear to express what you really think.
I was being a huge dick for sure in replying that way btw but if you sincerely want recommendations, uh, any thing I listed as well as Roy Montgomery (maybe Temple IV?), Macha's See it Another Way, Crystallized Movement's Mind Disaster, Rain Parade's emergency Third Rail, The Green Pajamas All Clues Lead to Meagan's Bed. I can't promise you'll like them all given the degree of subjective taste you have to account for with a stranger and also I don't know if this is a lure for a kind of evidence post-rock is in fact the queen of music but if not I hope you enjoy

you couldn't afford to hurt any1's feelings honey lol

Funny because no one has actually managed to elucidate a legitimate criticism of the genre ITT. Probably because attempting to criticise an entire genre – especially one as broad as post-rock – instead of criticising individual works based on their own unique merit (or lack thereof) is a pretty moronic act in itself.

>Minimal techno, ambient techno, ambient house, chicago house, indie-pop
>Superior genres
Do you want me to tell you how I know you're baiting?

I could say the exact same to you lol

Codeine is the real post rock

name a band that sounds like them.

youtube.com/watch?v=PmSPPYG9dp4

likewise, Laughing Stock isn't even Talk Talk's best album

What's the reason? It must be good.

Why should anyone care about the opinion of a RYM reviewer?

do you want me to tell you how I know you typed that with one hand? (because it's relatively short but also ends with the fixation of the shaft stroking action yes).

minimal techno is limited in formal change likewise with post-rock but being a one trick pony didn't harm it from making Chain Reaction a reality and legitimately connecting a huge deal artists in business, clubs and even in music sub-communities you see on Sup Forums far more often than post-rock has anywhere aside from Too Pure which I'd agree with you for that. Ambient fucking house has(have you not heard Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld?) explicitly accomplished (at least the non-political half of post-rock) with far more imagination, possibility and devotion in terms of the use of samples like impressionistic painting, four to the floor staples as ways to sprawl in the double digit track lengths and the rest you could even possibly argue. of course im not going to go into those genres or even talk about them all right here and now lol

I don't know why but your bizarre use of the English language reminds me of >forevially tied up and fully delitized
Assuming these are all your posts

lol true. just the irony of bothering to post in a Sup Forums thread in this way and in one especially like this is the fun