>this back-and-forth goes on for another minute until she relents

>a few weeks later, he and I attend his cousin's wedding
>I accidentally step on some MILF's toe
>apologize
>"no, don't be silly - my foot is too big"
>insist that it was my fault
>"can't be - I've always had large feet"
>yet another back-and-forth

what the hell is wrong with these people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_2LEgowbzSc&t=182s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its called taroof. I understand that its strange to outsiders i find it a bit silly too.

Welcome to Taarof

My family tends to do this too, though we aren't Iranian

It is always the european flags who enlighten us on any muslim things.

Taroof, la, just your standard taroof

FRANKFURT

It's not Muslim and it's similar to how many Chinese act, I have experienced this myself but from Chinese family of my friends. I didn't realise Iranians had a similar thing or that there were names for both of them.

welcome to Taroof

Redpill me on taroof. What does it even mean as a word?

it's just taroof m8

Exactly how many Iranians to we have in this board??

It's arabic for the process of meeting someone

>Likewise, a shopkeeper may initially refuse to quote a price for an item, suggesting that it is worthless ("ghaabel nadaareh"). T'aarof obliges the customer to insist on paying, possibly several times (three times), before a shopkeeper finally quotes a price and real negotiation can begin.

Wow thats really dumb

see

This is a pretty Irish autist thing to do as well.

>one example of taarof could be described as posing false invitations and promising future services or deeds to primarily strangers or distant relatives and expecting them not to take the offer and keep declining it.

fucking lol this makes zero sense to me

just don't make the offer in the first place kek

i understand the presentation/etiquette side of it but shit just made me laugh

I can see why capitalism didn't take off in the Middle East now 2bh

What the fuck is wrong with these people

I get Iranians trying to haggle with me at my store sometimes.
Like nigga, it's a chain, we don't haggle.

>tfw hijab fetish

hold me lads

i don't see it as being a big problem or anything

it just seems like a funny way to complicate shit needlessly lol

although:

>It is possible to ask someone not to t'aarof ("t'aarof nakonid"), but that raises new difficulties, since the request itself might be a devious type of taarof

>mfw caught in a devious web of taarof

Weird af, we don't have a similiar thing here, it's always the customer trying to lower the prices

you're just supposed to convey the impression, dumdum

There is no way it can happened here. Maybe in the flea market or something but in chain stores?

Like pretend I'm pulling value and bargains out my ass?

There is a similiar thing, you get offered a gift, you act flattered and decline it, he starts telling you what a good person you are and you should take it, yadda yadda, in the end he says something like "i swear by god, you'll take it" and then you're forced to take it or you force him to fast 3 days for lying about a swear (rude)

fucking why, specially when you live in a different country and dealing a local, and you being the foreigner.

>don't see it as a problem
>hey, have fun escaping a new layer of the same aggressively illogical shit

UNLEASH THE NUKES

>You shee *sniff*, every shoshiety hash itsh unwreetten rulesh *shirt tug*

it's not illogical, really. It's for social cohesion, just a component in a larger social system. It's just the derivatives have evolved into things that aren't so useful.

typical asian behaviour
very sneaky if you can look behind it

Swissman made me giggle today

These carpets? No, is worthless. Here, you have for you free. It's yours. You deserve.

So this custom is illogical; it doesn't serve society but instead hinders progress by diverting precious human resources into protocol and social overhead.

Just because you can explain a phenomenon in logical terms doesn't mean it's justifiable.

Now, eliminate this custom or FUCKING NUKES

>So this custom is illogical; it doesn't serve society but instead hinders progress by diverting precious human resources into protocol and social overhead.

Why are Germans so utterly autistic in every capacity?
>Beep boop #TRIBAL_CUSTOM reduces productivity by 3.47%, Terminate Y/N?

>german autism

What would happen if you accepted the painting?

What happens if you just take the painting?

If I say to an Iranian man that is wife is beautiful, will he tell me I should take her too?

Resistance is futile
YOU WILL BE OPTIMIZED

At least we have muslims

Truly the french and the germans are on top of things.

t. Anna-Lena

That fucking thread is old m8.

Its not a muslim thing

kek, the best part of Beyond Earth (the expansion anyway) is the Germanish faction being lead by ruthless technocrat

seriously, this shit bugs me the most, like tell the price so I can buy and fuck off back to my home

Honestly, with how socially retarded I can be, I'm certain I'd take it seriously at least once. For a small thing like a book, for example.

We have the same kind of bullshit here, but only related to who pays when eating at a restaurant. It's basically a race when the waiter brings the tab , who can give give him money first.

Why did Pakistan seperate from India to be a pseudo-Iranian theocratic failed state?

Your national anthem is in Farsi, and although almost your entire population speak Indian languages at home, your national language is Iranianised Hindi.

Is taarof a sophisticated form of banter?

Dunno

looks like my old kindie teacher
she had a metal metre ruler and hit our hands with it.
fucking bitch

Bit of a similar story:

>rich Czech guy moves to Bongistan
>has kids
>hires a babysitter
>arrives, wants to pay
>babysitter says: "oh, no, I couldn't possibly"
>Czech guy says "ok"
>Czech guy later finds out babysitter is butthurt because he didn't pay her

>she had a metal metre ruler and hit our hands with it.

Hahahah

It's called a yardstick, nigger

What happens if I just take the carpet without paying after he says to take it free?

I can't be comfortable in human relationships until the other party says kurwa

He would be confused and later on he would get angry. But he would pretend that it doesnt bother him. Or he would just be chill about it

Give me all your money kurwa *shoves a weapon in your face*

not my fault my parents were religious tards. it put me off the whole organised relogion thing really. at least I wasn't in the other catholic school, where the guys got fiddled by the priest

Hnnnnggg muh dick always

noticias buenass

KURWA

now let's fugg, kurwa

>at least I wasn't in the other catholic school, where the guys got fiddled by the priest

We get it, now it's a German thing

>at least I wasn't in the other catholic school, where the guys got fiddled by the priest
You're saying that like it was a good thing

well. I might be rolling in dough right now if I went there.
because I could have been in a class action about the sexual abuse victims. it was a big deal on the news a little while back.

think "six figures big" deal money

I learned something new and it was fucking retarded.

The only mudskins left are the ones that know their place. Good.

But not good enough.

iran is a whiter country than canada desu

>t. Nashvad

>I accidentally step on some MILF's toe
You should have grabbed her by the pussy, then she would have been all like "you like it? you should take it"

seriously though, you live in an amorphous settler colony which capitalism has made totally indistinguishable from 100 other plastic hellholes. What is the great traditions of the white canadians you're trying to venerate? kraft dinner? it makes no sense to me

>it's a shit-tier post
>check flag

jej

Islam is a qt region desu
A shame everyone that follow it is a cunt

>meanwhile his family fled a Theocratic pedophile worshipping shithole like whipped curs
wew, funny how some desert dwelling camel fuckers ended your entire civilization eh?

you sound tense friend

you should seek guidance from the teachings of islam

>muh warlord made a successor
>muh warlord DIDN'T make a succesor
Even you guys can't agree on that trash.

It's just an etiquette, m8.
You never heard of it?

but seriously, you pretend to be some violent reactionary, but also claim that liberal capitalist europe is the logical end point in history. It makes no sense and all of you guys do it. my guess is you were some kind of libertarian 8 months ago and haven't quite internalized the new logic yet.

this so much! man, I'm so glad that not all of Sup Forums has fallen for muh redpill
Fuck stormfags and fuck Sup Forums

(Real) Muslims are awesome

Fuck off, you should be happy to live in one of the most free and diverse countries in the world

kek same after the 2nd-3rd offer i would have been like "yeah sure" and taken the painting

this is how this kind of discussion usually ends here ? i think everyone has those "i want to give you something but you refuse out of politeness" moments, but after 2-3 refusals of course you say "yeah ok i'll take it" because what's the point otherwise ...

Not even sure who you are arguing with now Khomeini, you just pulled a whole argument from somewhere.

>all these muslims posting with european flags

t. Liang Chang
You know what horrible stuff your government is doing with the Muslims in East China?

>being an Achmed

Because Iranians are objectively the nicest people in the world

youtube.com/watch?v=_2LEgowbzSc&t=182s

Very kind of you
Sadly many of your countrymen are showing their true opinion nowadays, they all hate us Muslims

It's not about being Muslim, I think it's more about Iranian culture which makes them more inclined to be nice to strangers. Pakistanis are generally arseholes and they're Muslim.

You're only saying that because you're butthurt brexit fag

>gets complimented
>turns around and attacks the Brit

Mudslimes, amirite?

Everyone hates muslims

Chill ashura