ITT: Albums that get called "classic" way too early

ITT: Albums that get called "classic" way too early

Side A is very cheesy imo. Radio Song being the best. Side B is GOAT though.

How long should we wait?
No one thinks this is a classic

One of the easiest identifiable classic albums of the last 10 years.

anything from the 10s

A decade at the very minimum

(You)

nothing fucking amazing has come out in the 10s yet. The 00s had plenty of groundbreaking albums. The only album that might be considered great in the 10s is BOOBOO

mbdtf?

I'd say 3-5 years and it's still being discussed and critics continue to be excited about their next release registers it as a classic.

This

Mot overrated album of the decade

The last few years of Swans plus A Moon Shaped Pool

what is BOOBOO

I think he means the album directly above your post

why wait if I know already?

I know I'm going to get a very passive aggressive (You) for this but Death Grips was pretty groundbreaking when they first emerged.

No they weren't. At this point they're basically the same as Brokencyde and everyone continues eats up everything they shit up for some reason. They were never good in the first place.

Shut up. They're still frequently discussed. Exmilitary and TMS will go down as influential classics.

>Exmilitary and TMS will go down as influential classics.
sure, but everything after TMS was dogshit

they've been struggling to say relevant ever since, and no amount of p4k reviews will make them still be talked about by 2019

Niggas on the Moon is their best album tho but as soon as I heard Bottomless Pit I knew they were out of ideas. Just sounds so recycled. JD was underwhelming as well.

Exmil, Money Store and NLDW will go down as essential 10's albums whether you like it or not

Exmil and TMS definitely but I don't see it with NLDW, as much as I like that album it sounds pretty contemporary in its context and is their most "trap" album if that makes any sense.

bcs as much as we hate to admit it, intially strong opinions can change over time