Just started into The Police, what should I expect?

Just started into The Police, what should I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0ZZPhYGqu4U
youtube.com/watch?v=glkG9GLmOqY
youtube.com/watch?v=DvDoq0mJ-nk
youtube.com/watch?v=MbXWrmQW-OE
youtu.be/AXYW7kZP6jc
youtube.com/watch?v=eB-4oDSqe38
youtu.be/TVHVx1omeQo
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz1mEMiNPHQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good music. they don't really have a bad album so enjoy.

but if you just listened to Outlandos D'amour they lose that rawness in their music in their later records so don't be too startled by that

God-tier drumming throughout

Good to know

Ya it's been pretty great so far

Consistently good pop-rock with tons of other genre-influences scattered around. Really unique band.

Also this, Copeland is easily one of the best drummers in the world.

Fuck the police

A good mixture of punk and reggae for the first two albums. After that 80s mainstream radio pop

One of the most consistently good discographies ever. Zenyatta's A side is flawless. Regatta has their best written songs though. Keep in mind they change a little bit in every record. So by the time you hit Synchronicity you may not even recognize them.
Lastly, know it's gonna be a short ride. If they clicked, you'll detest Sting for breaking them up and losing a god tier drummer who could tell him to speed the fuck up.

Dated momrock.

Ver witty

Have you all heard Joe Sumner's band Fiction Plane. Sting's son.

youtu.be/0ZZPhYGqu4U

>anagram infant police

i prefer their last 3 albums.

I like Ghost in the Machine the best. Their darkest album. Does that make me contrarian?

It's great, but the horns add a layer they don't need and often don't serve the song. Also, Andy gets pushed to the side here. You really can't be contrarian with these guys unless you think that Mother is their best song. Every album has something that will elevate it above the others depending on your taste.

Bit generic but it's alright. This was in recommended videos and you can tell he's Sting's son alright

youtube.com/watch?v=glkG9GLmOqY

I caught them opening for The Bravery a few years back. I said to the guy next to me during their set that they reminded me of The Police. Felt like a putz when I got home and googled them.

I wouldn't put it past Sting to listen to his own music so that probably inspired his son funnily enough.

Before I turn in for the night. Here's my favorite of their concert footage I've found. They were a solid live band too, especially Stewart.

youtube.com/watch?v=DvDoq0mJ-nk

First album is the best and then they deteriorate slowly after.

What's your favorite police song?
Mine is so lonely.

Call me a pleb but it's Message. Great video too, Copeland drumming the shit out of that chair.

youtube.com/watch?v=MbXWrmQW-OE

Not op but Truth Hits Everybody is a str8 slapper

MES SAGE IN A BOT TLE

Probably an unusual Pick but:
>Walking on the Moon

There are so many but got to go with When The World Is Running Down
youtu.be/AXYW7kZP6jc

The space in Summers guitar. Copeland highhats all over the joint. That bassline. The Police were so good at making simplicity sound amazing.

basically grew up to that, it's my dad's favourite record of all time.

You're in for a blast. Seriously, they are incredibly talented and a very fun band to listen to. My personal favorite. Zenyatta is the highest point where all three of the guys are playing at their best.

Synchronicity II and Don't Stand So Close To Me

Only listened to their first three albums so far but The bed's too big without you

Every album of theirs is a 10/10 with the exception of Ghost in the Machine, which is a 9.9/10.

Masoko Tanga, and I agree that Outlandos is their best. Though all their albums are great and all are pretty much equal except for Reggatta

a modern 2323formation witha hard line #startintopolice

>simplicity
youtube.com/watch?v=eB-4oDSqe38

>muh Fiction Plane

heh, nice try guy who posted six hours ago and is gone, but I'll raise you Sting's gay daughter

youtu.be/TVHVx1omeQo

ROXANNE

I know Stuart Copland has his followers who herald him as one of the greatest and most underrated drummers of all time, but I actually think Andy Summers is one of the most underrated and overlooked guitarists of all time. He had some great tones and a lot of Police songs are really fun to play.

I agree he's overlooked and had a cool style, but being serious he was never going to reach the heights of guitar legends.

Copeland on the other hand really is one of the best drummers around, endearing charisma too.

JUST A CASTAWAY, ISLAND LOST AT SEA-O

I think Stew joked that he liked to see drummers playing the drum part for message in a bottle. It has something like 5 overdubs of drums

Bring on the Night. That guitar line is so beautiful. There was an old video where Andy played it acoustic. It's been taken down but I'd like to hear more acoustic versions of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bz1mEMiNPHQ

Lastly, If you think you've heard it before. Stevie Nicks and her guitarist have admitted to blatantly ripping off the opening guitar part for Edge of Seventeen.

those hi-hat patterns tho, can't overdub skill like that