Boring as fuck episode

>boring as fuck episode
>end in an exciting cliffhanger

DROPPED!

I will NOT be teased like this!

way to fuck a good story

Wrong image sir, let me hep you

i tried liking preacher but it's just fucking awful

the actors are all terrible. tulip is the worst character i've seen on television since dany from GoT

Yeah. That episode was lazy as fuck.

and this was renewed for a second season?

really?

it's amc user, they have renewed the walking dead every season for 7 seasons. that's really all that needs to be said.

While I don't like the shows Tulip, everyone else is pretty great I believe, especially Cassidy.

its better than 99% of the shows out there

its different and thats all that matter to me. sick of all the cop procedurals out there, im just happy this show exists

I love the tone of this series desu.
It goes so fucking corny it goes all the way to good.

>its better than 99% of the shows out there

how?
>Pace is terrible
>Writting is atrocius
>Looks cheap
>Stupid changes from original source
>Slow as fuck
>Plot goes nowhere until ep6

Cast is good, I give you that.

It's interesting, this show moves as slowly as Better Call Saul but BCS never feels this slow and boring. In BCS there's a lot of downtime, but at least it's filled with fun shit like interesting characters and montages. Preacher has some good marks, but 80% of every episode is two boring characters having a boring conversation about nothing.

Fuck you, guys. I'm loving this show and I don't how y'all can be complaining about a slow show on AMC of all networks. Fucking nothing happened on Better Call Saul until the final two episodes

I really like their take on Sheriff Root (he actually talks to Eugene for one), he knows his son's a fuckup and it's hard to deal with Eugene when he's trying to be so positive despite what he did, but you can see the worry in his face that Eugene actually might have taken his burst of anger seriously.

Ladykillers better than Big Lebowski, come on Cass

This
It's pretty fun, but Tulip is pretty shit fuck that bitch, hope she dies a gruesome death thereby giving preacher character development

yeah its slow as fuck. hopefully they get a bigger budget next season.

Well in the comic she got her head blown off, but was resurrected by God

Doubtful it'll happen here, all the OC are pretty much in the crosshairs, no way they'll separate a real life husband and wife couple.

Pretty hilarious that Cassidy is a better moral compass than Jesse, in a WTF are they thinking way of course

I like the show too, but how can you say the last episode wasn't slow filler? It seemed like the whole point of the episode was to tell us Tulips and Jesses last names.

And Arsefaces story was a surprise. That guy deserves to be treated like shit.

i like tulip

>Fucking nothing happened on Better Call Saul until the final two episodes

Wrong, user at
explained better why BCS does a better job with pacing than Preacher.

BCS feels like a fucking masterpiece compared to the clunky narrative in Preacher.

Why? She's a perpetually angry pitbull midget from a broken home who just wants everybody to be as pissed off and bitter as she is.

It was a meh ep but setting up a conflict between Jesse and Quincannon along with getting some of Preacher's backstory is hardly filler, man. It definitely could have had better pacing

idk i just do

Why the FUCK isn't Eugene in prison for attempted murder?

Same here, Tulip is absolutely awful and makes Daenerys look like she should win every Emmy award there is, but all the other characters are pretty damn good.

Small town, his dad's the sheriff, his face is punishment enough.

Is he dead?

That's bollocks. Don't matter how small the town is, the fact that both him and her would've had to have gone to a city hospital would attract the attention from city cops, and I doubt the girls mother would lie to keep Eugene out of prison

see you next week faggot

meant to quote

I dont think is slow because of budget. Maybe they think the comic is too short and over the top to be translated to a TV series, so ground it to the town is a good way to make it streamlined.

At this moment, preacher is a glorified soap opera with supernatural elements. I dont expect they hit the road or watch TSK being nuked. They have a continuity now and I cant see how they will drop the series continuity in order to follow comic continuity.

an episode with nothing but exposition and set up is most definitely filler

I get a strong feeling Jesse's story about what happened between Eugene and the girl isn't the real sequence of events.

And this is why comic book feels more realistic than TV series.

>boring as fuck episode
>end in an exciting cliffhanger

Reminds me of another AMC show

Is this the next thing AMC is gonna push

Its fucking disgraceful. Like Walking Dead, its just boring filler till it gets to a shocking cliffhanger at the end, sometimes nothing happens at all the whole episode. Hell, the second half of Season 6 was just one big filler to who was getting the bat from Negan and it fucking ended in a cut to black.

Fuck AMC, and their baiting bullshit to make people watch the show.

i wonder if s2 of preacher is going to have a midseason finale

This.

and you just know the next episode will not pick right up with who gets the bat. They will show us some totally different side story for half of the episode. Maybe they'll show us some of what was going on in Negans camp.

It's not like walking dead needs new viewers, too. Everyone's watching it.

itt:children that need explosions and fight scenes

I like her too, mate.
Everybody just hates her because she' s too different from the comics tulip, but I think she' s pretty cool

>itt:children that need explosions and fight scenes

Watch every thread about preacher and people only highlight fight scenes. Maybe is the only competent thing.

A big part of the episode was Cassidys reveal to Jessi, something that already happened. Jesse was already in a fight with immortal angels, he has a powerful being inside him. Is a vampire supposed to be something extra shocking?

exactly.
The episode was kinda good, the 4 way lunch scene is pure kino

80% of the show is explosions and fight scenes

Hi tulip, how's it feel shilling so you don't lose your job due to being a majorly disliked character

i don't read comics, she's an absolute joke of a "character"

she's like a character you'd find in a children's movie but instead of being in a G rated movie they took that same character and threw her into an R rated movie

It's probably because vampires are typically regarded as evil in comparison to angels, Jesse saw Cassidy as a flawed human being but the fact he's a blood sucking monster on top of that crashed his morality compass, not that it was working any better when he's so blase about Eugene being sent to hell and acting like it's god's plan.

or maybe it's just shit writing, because that makes more sense

F

Tulip is awful, and i mean the character, not just the actress who's also awful.

Tulip the character is just a horrible human being. She can't go two minutes without starting a fight and being a total bitch.

i don't mind the actress
but yeah, tulip is an awful person

Well yeah, it's a big deal. He's a fucking vampire. Jesse always believed in god and angels and shit, but I'm sure he thought vamps were strictly fantasy.

>get voice of God
don't freak out
>hang out with angels
don't freak out
>they say its some half demon in you
don't freak out
>send a kid to hell
don't freak out
>find out a person you made friends with and fought with you against angels is a vampire
HOLY SHIT VAMPIRES
nah m8, thats called bad writing

It's not HOLY SHIT VAMPIRES, It's HOLY SHIT THAT IRISH GUY I USED TO DRINK BEER WITH IS A FUCKING VAMPIRE

just saying it should have happened sooner

people on reddit are praising it as the new breaking bad, i can't seem to enjoy it ;_;

Cassidy is gonna be okay, isn't he?

I-isn't he?

Might actually drop the show if he is dead, Will still pick it up now and again for the Western episodes.

Fargo managed to be awesome without it.

even his tattoos will be fine.

I can't even separate the two. I can't tell if her constant annoying bitchy face is part if her acting or if it's the only face she can do.

No, but you'll watch a whole season of trash.

ae was promist a good sho, but all i got wos cliffhaengers end shite wroiting

i watched this but paid zero attention because it was so boring.

someone spoil what happened for me please

meat guy tries to claim the church from the bet he made with preacher. preacher says no. meat guy gets set to attack the church. the end

Nah, just check how many people are taking part of that threads here and there and you will realize they are just a few.

If the show was really good people will talk about it and rigth now Preacher is not artistically or culturally significant.

Breaking Bad had a slow start but first season was a lot more impressive than this. Also, memes.

you sound triggered lmao

Still canĀ“t understand why the critic praise Ruth Negga so much for her role here. Never watched the show and caught the marathon and her acting is really bad, not like the writters are helping her, since the character is si annoying and dumb.

Emily's a far better character in comparison, and she's not exactly a saint either what with her pining for Jesse and banging the mayor on the side yet maintaining they are not in a relationship.

Even seeing the bits of Tulip's past didn't help since it's just generic broken home garbage.

>Pretty hilarious that Cassidy is a better moral compass than Jesse, in a WTF are they thinking way of course
I don't think you remember the comic if you think Cassidy was a villain. Tell me why his moral compass is "bad"

You misunderstand, I never said Cassidy was a villain (even though he did do a lot of fucked up shit in the past), but in the TV series at least so far he has a firmer grasp of what is right and wrong than Jesse does, and is outright pleading with him to stop being a cunt.

because stronk female power fantasy

she's a terrible actress and the writing for the character is the worst thing i've seen on tv in years.

I'm thinking it was a suicide pact like in the comics (albeit with a different person), but after Eugene survived he lied so people wouldn't think less of Tracy who everyone apparently loved.

Negga is a shit actress, but goddamn I want to stick my cock in her

When Jesse was digging under the church shouting COME BACK and it cut to Quincannon's crew marching I thought he'd accidentally resurrected the fucking confederate army

fuck, so i wasn't the only one

I was more like "shouldn't they be dressed as the Mexican Army"?

Fuck that would be awesome.

Why do you think Emily is banging the mayor? She shot him down in one of the previous episodes. She literally told him he wasn't getting dat milf pussy

>Last episode ends on a cliffhanger
>This episode starts with them ignoring it
>Flashbacks that don't really explain anything
>Give me your house
>More cliffhangers

Man I've tried to defend this show but goddamn was this a letdown

She is banging the mayor, but she doesn't want to date him. They bang on saturday nights before church

Watch that scene over again, she takes off her pants right in front of him and tells him be "out before morning, the kids almost caught you last time", he then washes the wine glasses and follows her into the bedroom, he hit that milf pussy, she has sexual needs but doesn't want a relationship

I thought that meant he just slept there after drinking. She took the pants of in front of him to friendzone him hard by showing how little she cares

I only watched the first episode of this
did they go on the road trip to find God?
is the Saint of Killers in it?
does Jesse ever talk to the Duke?

>did they go on the road trip to find God?
No, so far they've met a couple angels who were Genesis's "custodians" and are now trying to get it back while hiding the fact that Genesis escaped and even the fact that Genesis even exists.
>is the Saint of Killers in it?
There's been a few cold open flashbacks of him, his family, and Ratwater. He hasn't been explicitly mentioned in the present yet, but there was the vague insinuation that he might exist as a nuclear option to stop Jesse and Genesis.
>does Jesse ever talk to the Duke?
Not yet, but he latest episode mentioned that he loved John Wayne and there was a flashback of him as a kid with a shrine of John Wayne memorabilia.
I'm not a comic reader, so I don't know how any of that relates to or deviates from the comics.

>I thought that meant he just slept there after drinking. She took the pants of in front of him to friendzone him hard by showing how little she cares

You could not have misinterpreted that scene any harder.

>still havnt killed the people of the town
>still havnt gotten past issue 1
>is somehow battling the 'villain' from 40's (out of 60 issues)
>is now responsible for traumatising arseface
>arseface will now never be the god rock and roll
im... confused.

>yfw the old man is Rorschach

Nice vfx.

I think that although cassidy is a degenrate he is still good. He tries to do his best by people and never hurts or kills unless the person is attempting to hurt kill him or one of his friends. Jesse is supposed to be unlikable, being a foil to cass. Although he is supposed to be moral and reightous he acts as the most morally ambigous character, while cass (who is litterally a vampire) is very calm and down to earth, and always willing to help out.

Probably not
really hoping not, he might represent a sort of jesus-like figure. Dieing for jesse's sins

>no martian niggers

they ruined his character

I think its actually good that he didn't comically swing his jaw open and take in a gigantic breath, loudly exclaim "HWAAAAAAAAAT?!" Everytime he found out about something. Plus hes a preacher so he already quasi-believes in all that stuff, it was just reinforced by the other characters.

He was barely a character in the books, just one of a thousand stern faced shitkickers that appear throughout the series with the exception of being Arseface's father.

Different user, but man I didnt notice that at all for some reason.

Not stringing him along at all

i know, im still disappointed because the martian niggers line is probably the funniest in the comic, also I doubt we'll see Quincannon's "boy i sure do hate niggers" scene either

Well with the fact that Tulip is now part nigger, certainly.