How loud do you guys usually listen to your music? Are you concerned about hearing loss?

How loud do you guys usually listen to your music? Are you concerned about hearing loss?

50%

this.

50% to 70% is the patrician range

fifty percent

i've only ever worried about my hearing once. i was listening to bottomless pit for the first time and i had it really fucking loud and then my ears were ringing for the rest of the day.

ever since then i listen to my music at about 60% i'd say

Honestly try to keep it below 50% if the song isn't too layered.

Depends on the music.
With Jazz I have it around 50 - 55%.
Heavy metal (or any other variant) its around 70 - 90%.
Classic Rock around 60 - 65%

But you have to understand that sound level is very subjective. My Volume Mixer is constantly at 100 and than my stereo is where I adjust my volume.

I try to keep it around 50% or below as well, but I've heard even that can cause damage if you listen to it for several hours on end.

It blows my mind that some people play music so loud that you can clearly hear the lyrics of their music in a crowded space

yeah i know what you mean dude its crazy.

I already had tinnitus before I started getting really into music so hearing damage doesn't bother me much any more.

200%
no

25% master race here. Maintaining my perfect hearing is more than worth it. The only downside is every time I listen to anything with someone else they always like the sound way louder than me.

like 30% usually, but 50% if i'm focusing on the music and doing nothing else

when im high its like 70-80% though

Developed mild tinnitus already. I don't mind it, but some people seem to lose their shit over the high-pitched tone. It's literally inoffensive white noise.

Depends on the headphones but usually 60%. My phone gives me a warning when i get past 10/15 volume levels.

Oh and I'm sure I have some hearing loss since sometimes I won't catch what someone said, whereas other people near me do. I'm sure it's not too bad, like 10% if I had to give it a number. Slippery slope though, I already listened loud enough to loss some hearing, then everything starts sounding lower to my ears so I increase the volume further to compensate. I'll probably fuck up my hearing some more.

have had tinnitus for years, like since I was a teenager and before I ever went to a show in my life. wear plugs at shows but keep headphones quite loud. doesn't seem to be getting any worse at least.

>50 %
That's fucking loud, guys. I managed to use 30% for years, but I'm already in the 50-60 range. P sad, but its inevitable.

THIS. My friends hand me an earbud to listen to music with them and I always end up pulling it out of my ear canal and just hovering it over my ear

I listen anything from 80% to 100%. It won't cause my any harm because I use shitty earbuds

live fast die young

I was told 50% was safe.

Time to cut off my ears I guess.

i am listen to gqom at like 10% volume out my macbook pro speakers

Earphones I have the music about 10%, on my speakers I have it playing slightly louder than conversation level.

Speakers are constantly set at 11 baby!!!!
I dont really worry about it too much honestly

100%

40% to 90% on phone, no imbetween.
100% on pc, I also use a extension to raise the volume.
I blew my right ear out last year and can barely hear from it anymore.

sorry to hear that. you look into getting a hearing aid?

heres a spoiler

your ears wont bleed coz of the volume setting you can choose at home
its the fucking live gigs where they fly in from another country, just plug in whatever and turn up the fucking volume so much to cover up for poor musicals (its better when its loud right XDD)

so tl;dr get them earplugs or enjoy your eeeeeeĀ“s

This is why I don't like going to clubs, it's too damn loud.

>Went clubbing one night with friends
>"Hey user were going to X club after the party come with us!"
>"Ok sure gotta try it once i guess"
>Get inside club, immediately lose track of friends
>holy shit its loud, I think this is just a non-stop bass line
>myfeethurt.jpg
>alcohol has all but exited my system, I am now sober and trying to find the most shielded area to stand
>stand with one ear towards music so i can strategically cover it with my hand while leaning on wall/corner thing, without it looking like im deliberately covering my ear
>wouldn't want to look like a fag
>spot friend at bar, wait in huge-ass line with him for at least 20 minutes
>get handed a single shot of something
>cool
>bullshit to friend, "Hey I'm going to head home my head hurts see ya around"

My ears were ringing for like 20 minutes, maybe everyone elses hearing is already fucked but I cant see how you can possibly tolerate being in such a loud environment without hearing protection. I do have somewhat of a fear of losing my senses (sight/hearing). But it felt like the equivalent of staring at the sun. I'll stick to 30% volume and the occasional house party thanks.

Really depends on headphones/device/production. I use a pair of sens hd201 and they're really quiet. I usually listen at 100% but I pull it down to 50%-60% when I listen to LRD for example.

Depends, if I'm alone, not too loud. If I'm in public with headphones, I use around ear and turn them up until I can't hear around me so well, generally if I'm wearing headphones I don't want to hear any one/thing else. I do most of the time make sure no one else can hear, though.

Some times I turn it up pretty loud in my car, because car noises cover shit up. Some times sitting in my room it gets real loud, but most of the time not.

I think using percentages for this doesn't really make sense, as it means different things on every set up.

musicbee 50%, with windows 7 at 32
now 20%

windows volume at 8%, foobar maxed out with great headphones
portable mp3 player stays around 60-80% based on how good the headphones are

literally fucking this, unless your home rig is some jacked af PA system you dont need to stress

Loud and no

jesus christ, Sup Forums incarnate

My sister does that (it's always the same taylor swift song) and it makes me want to blow my brains out.

it blows my mind how people on the shows stand right next to the speakers without earplugs.

i use my headphones - earbuds on the shows.

boi I know that feel too much,

I'm like nah man I aint putting that in my ear

I don't understand this percentage shit.

i blow my music at max fucking volume 24/7 cause im not a BITCH

I work in shops and my main hobby is guns, loud music is the least of my worries when it comes to hearing loss.

WHAT DID YOU SAY? I CAN'T HEAR YOU FAGGOT?!?!

yeah percentage means nothing when every device/equipment is different

correlates with how drunk i am

>most genres
Reasonably loud

>super eurobeat
Max volume