/got/ general:

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=W1qZpoyYcgk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How long do we have left?

Reminder that Catelyn was the most badly adapted character in seasons one and two.

Demographics by population

1st for best house

Based Preston!

Demographics by ethnic group

she was just as annoying on the show as in the books. they've done way worse adaptations

What are the regions of Westeros divided into?

No she was perfect you jerk!

>MFW when Sup Forums is nothing but black penises and borderline CP, but all anyone seems to want to complain about is /got/.

#

Reminder that helping Sansa out of Winterfell and helping Yara to sail a boat is literally meant to be the full of Theon's 'redemption' and he's now 'redeemed' because his 'problem' was that he unapologetically enjoyed casual sex with women, and not because he's a child killer and a turncloak.

They made her significantly less cunty than she was in the books.

She was a somewhat savvy political schemer/advisor who waa filled with a mix of ambition and fierce protectiveness towards her family in the books.

She's just a bland, worrisome and nagging mother who has far poorer justifications for all of her massive fuckups in the show, and the focus on her in the Wot5k was shifted entirely to Robb as well.

Say what you will about early show-Stannis/Renly/Ned/etc, at least they were still the stars of their own storylines.

>durr I need to make this payment and that one
>this is your entire life
normalfags are pitiful creatures tbqh

what if the hound joined the night's watch

Well yeah, obviously that other stuff was pretty bad too, but modern audiences can't relate to that because it doesn't happen anymore. But everyone knows someone who is shitty toward women. It's much more relatable and they were right to emphasize it as opposed to killing the miller's boys or sacking Winterfell.

>le promise me ned faec

That's just because D&D have no idea how to write female characters that don't use sex or violence regularly to gain power.

It's why they've butchered Sansa's storyline so badly too. They can't handle writing traditionally feminine women that are still politically savvy or cunning.

It's a fucking imaginary land, you only give a shit because nothing more important is going on in your life.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=W1qZpoyYcgk

Demographics by skin color

whoops. meant to reply to this

>"the fuck are those things?"
>"they're wights. we fight them with fire"
wew

Who currently rules these lands? Warlords? Brotherhood without banners?

>we have ham for supper
>mandatory chicken joke

>critical thinking means you have no life
well meme'd friend

who created this image and why were they so misinformed

The grand westerosi republic...in my fanfic

How will Jon die? At the hands of Stronk Wombans?

>tfw Ironborn are Asians

>she'll never be asha
>she'll never be your qt asian sister into incest

Nah user
> worrying about a lack of imaginary firefighters fighting imaginary fires means you have no life

Stop strawmanning user

jon won't die

Which regions of Westeros has people with dark brown hair and blue eyes? That's me.

dany will kill him

when will theon show his mutilated boipucci

Mongol vikings colonizing the iron islands by crossing the ocean would have actually been really cool

Didn't even know I wanted this until now

her, jaime, stannis and brienne yes.

>some friend tells you a story about some imaginary firefighter who stopped an imaginary huge forest fire with his piss

>if you tell him that makes no sense, it means you have no life

Can someone please explain how he has not been recast? They had the perfect opportunity to do so quietly between seasons four and six, but somehow this weird looking birdman is still fucking employed.

That fucking awful oh no poor snuh speech nearly made me smash the screen in it came off like fanfic it was so bad.

Rewatching season 1.

Renly says that he's fourth in line and they only mention Joffrey, Tommen and Stannis ahead of him.

Does that mean that Shireen and Myrcella can only inherit if there are no males left and Stannis saying he'd name Renly his heir is bullshit anyway since Renly already would be heir as the next male?

i bet his boipussi is nice and pink, i wonder what it tastes like?

The North

you serious?

You're a dirty fucking Andal. So everywhere.

Did anyone notice the sun from the opening credits in the maesters citadel? I hope the map from the opening credits is in there too.

now show the percentages for leave

> i wonder what it tastes like?
Well, do you or don't you? No one here is an authority on your mental inquisitions but you, user.

>Stannis saying he'd name Renly his heir is bullshit anyway since Renly already would be heir as the next male?

Renly raised an army to steal the throne from Stannis...
"I'll even name you my heir" is the polite way of saying "I won't have you burned at the stakes for a traitor".

Yes under normal circumstances Renly would've been his heir, but his rebellion changes everything.

gas the rhoynar race war now

Westerosi succession laws place ALL eligble men in front of the females. It was a consequence of The Dance of the Dragons. The lords wanted to prevent another Rhaenyra situation.

The only reason Daenerys is the Head of House Targaryen is because there is literally no one else, officially.

You're doing it again user, that's not what's happening here:
> some friend tells you a story about the office bitch becoming the president of your office after an fire kills everyone more qualified
> you are both baffled and angered by your friends lack of attention to the firefighter's side of the story
> you're also confused as to why no one else is equally outraged

This. This is what's happening.

Children come before uncles on the Iron throne

Why are the Faceless men suddenly so inept? Aren't they supposed to be super professionals?

>big ass explosion made with unstoppable magic explosive just miraculously countains itself instead of burning down the entire city
>what is the great fire of London
you're the one strawmanning, trying to imply that I have no life because I spend all my time thinking too much of these things. believe it or not, on the triple digit side of the bell curve thinking is not a strenuous effort that takes up all of one's time and energy. I know this might be confusing for normalfags.

Please stop being butthurt over that instagram picture. I'm sure it was nothing personal, senpai.

Renly would be named his heir only if he bent the knee. If (at the time ahuge fucking if) Stannis won, Renly would be attained and disinherited in a dungeon somewhere, or just dead.

Stannis was essentially naming his attempted usurper of a brother as his heir, as Selyse and Stannis were unlikely to have any more children, much less a healthy boy.

what if hodor returns as a wight

So all those fucking stannisfags who kept saying that's only the Targaryen succession and that Baratheon succession has daughters ahead of uncles were liars?

professional assassin fight dot peeengee

The first son of the eldest comes before the brother of the eldest. I don't know if that applies to first-born women. I doubt it.

>why are characters acting out of character for plot convenience?
I don't know, ask D&D

>jon

I'm not implying it I'm literally saying you have no life because you're worrying about how much attention imaginary firefighting efforts get. That's not at all strawmanning.

?

What Stannisfag ever said that? Male primogeniture was the norm everywhere but Dorne

>She was a somewhat savvy political schemer/advisor

good one. wait you were serious?

>Kidnap the son of Tywin fucking Lannister on a whim because some old childhood friend tells you vague information
>Bring him to your batshit insane sister and be surprised when she's acting batshit insanely and Tyrion might die in your captivity
>claims a million times that you can't trust the lannister
>release Jaime on the word of a lannister

Even if it went perfectly, it's still trading Jaime for a worthless daughter.

Catelyn was never a politician, never savvy and sure as fuck never a 'schemer'.

She was just a mother doing anything for her children, like every other mother in the story really.

I have never heard it implied that Robert changed the succession laws. They were put in place to prevent future civil wars after all.

Are you fucking stupid?

Myrcella would come after Tommen and but before Stannis if she was legit.

Couple of months ago.

They said Shireen is ahead of Renly cause Baratheons do inheritance differently.

Then hodor returns as a wight

>Westerosi succession laws place ALL eligble men in front of the females

So legally speaking some relatives of House Baratheon would be king right now?

>bastard
>officially

Stannis was planning to name Shireen or a possible future son his heir over Renly before that offer.

It would be against Westerosi norms, but if he was king he could do it.

Though yeah, the fact Renly was already in line after him in the eyes of most people is part of the reason he thought so little of the offer.

> it was nothing personal, senpai.
Proof?

Then explain this retard if you think I'm bullshitting about people somehow thinking Baratheon's doing succession differently

hodor warged into the door

>you're worrying about how much attention imaginary firefighting efforts get
no, I'm pointing out one of the several examples of lazy writing on this show.
>y-you have n-no life
nah, you're just dumb as fuck

>Hey, person I hate the most in the world and tried to kill once, could you use that magic I think is an abomination to resurrect that person I barely know?

Yeah. Strictly speaking, as of right now Gendry is the heir to the throne. In the books it would be Edric Storm if Stannis and Shireen dies (trueborn females come before bastards).

>Stannis was planning to name Shireen or a possible future son his heir over Renly before that offer.

Why would Renly just take Stannis' offer? Being an heir to your brother is probably the best thing ever.

They might have meant something else, because Renly was at the time rebelling against the crown claimed by Stannis. By default he would be disinherited, so Stannis was offering his position back to him.

Septa Nutella of the Most Devout is slowly blessing this thread.

even though it's full of heartless people who enjoy her suffering or think she loves being tortured and raped

That guy is a retard. You literally do not give a woman any title until literally all male heirs are gone.

Go read up on it idiot

>as of right now Gendry is the heir to the throne.

Where the FUCK is Gendry? Is he getting the Golden Company?

why she so pretty...
I want to be her salt husband

she didn't know her sister was batshit until she got to the Eyrie. Cat was a retard though I'll agree with that

That's not an example of that. It's simply not the focus of that scene or story, the focus is entirely elsewhere. There's plenty of examples in every season user, you're just nitpicking no firefighters because you have no life.

Was this the biggest disappointment since Dorne?

The Targs changed inheritance laws to ensure another Dance of Dragons never happened, and as far as we know nobody ever changed it back to normal. Renly was in line after Stannis because Shireen was a daughter.

Tell your shit to Vaella, daughter of Maekar's firstborn son, who was fucking skipped

Shireen being the child of the king would come before Renly, yes.

The golden what? They're not in the show anymore silly user

It was a bigger disappointment than Plinket's son and the Obama presidency combined.

Rowing in circles around Dragonstone. Or he's a humble blacksmith in some village somewhere.

>she didn't know her sister was batshit until she got to the Eyrie
Yes she did. Maybe not at THAT batshit, but she knew she was 'special'.

When she receives the letter she says something like 'she was always a bit fucked up - don't remember the words she used - and I fear the years didn't make her any better'.

Maybe if you are a giant faggot