Is it normal in my early twenties to start outgrowing music I used to deeply enjoy and never thought I'd get bored of?

Is it normal in my early twenties to start outgrowing music I used to deeply enjoy and never thought I'd get bored of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W6FSAP5Gcvs
youtube.com/watch?v=1L8Wcj1r2zM
youtube.com/watch?v=82NUfPBHxYs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i wouldnt say unusual. from about age 17-21 i would spend day in day out listening to music, going down youtube rabbit holes, making my own etc. but now at 24 i can barely enjoy anything music included & have gone long periods not listening to a single song. jazz and ambient are two recent methods of resisting this.

no, that isn't normal.

I'm 38 and I've never lost my passion for music except for fleeting periods of depression occasionally.

some of my favorite albums from when I was a teenager are still my favorites today.

Yeah. Probably should have happened earlier.

There's a difference between losing passion for music and growing out of shitty music you like as a teen.

I hardly listen to much music nowdays and it makes me sad. Im nearly 21 and have only listened to a handful of albums this year and am starting to feel really out of the loop.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with me getting more into house/techno and just listening to EPs heaps.

>I'm not sure if this has something to do with me getting more into house/techno and just listening to EPs heaps.
You don't really like music, if you're in fact listening to those genres. Nothing surprising there.

sometimes man. you should take a break from it though, explore new things, then come back to it with fresh ears. you might even appreciate it more than you did before.

what music do you like

what makes you think that?

Because those genres aren't really about music.

They are though

>listening to x makes you a pleb.

I don't get this whole subtractive mindset people have when judging someones music taste. I have listened to and loved a shit tonne of different music throughout my life. Just because I like house music now doesn't override that.

You completely dismissing an entire genre is incredibly close-minded.

>house isn't really about music
I would bet $100 on the fact that you are under the age of 18. House is as much about the feeling and emotion as it is about the music. What's wrong with that?

>youtube.com/watch?v=W6FSAP5Gcvs
>youtube.com/watch?v=1L8Wcj1r2zM
>youtube.com/watch?v=82NUfPBHxYs

I know, I know, I was so bold as to dare criticize a genre of music you like. It's dance music, mainly played in front of lonely, intoxicated young people. And what's more, it doesn't even require human beings to perform live.

>And what's more, it doesn't even require human beings to perform live.

And that's no way to experience live music.
You know full well what I'm talking about. Just how manufactured bands existed before (The Monkees, David Cassidy, New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys, One Direction), they exist now.

If you listen to such genres out of the club/radio, you have to improve your musical sense drastically, no way you could've enjoyed this kind of music that long

Well, at least in the 80's that wasn't the case. DJs actually required some skills to entertain a crowd. When people like Paris Hilton can call themselves DJs, you know what's going on.

It happended to me. I couldn't get in to music for about 5 years until I started to listen again recently.

I developed severe aspegers at 20 now I can't listen to anything but synthwave

I just listen one song a day now
Most of the time i have a song in my head, which I can shape in any form

But albums lately not that much