In prison, dinner was always a big thing. We had a pasta course and then we had a meat or fish...

>In prison, dinner was always a big thing. We had a pasta course and then we had a meat or fish. Paulie did the prep work. He was doing a year for contempt, and he had this wonderful system for doing the garlic. He used a razor, and he used to slice it so thin that he used to liquefy in the pan with just a little oil. It was a very good system.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u_pyvTsN0NM
thekitchn.com/the-celluloid-p-5-6591
youtube.com/watch?v=-VkPfmdRheM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What did he mean by this?

it means it's probably the most overrated movie in history

You took your feet off and put your shoes on the table?

>then we got a gabagool ooh mamma mia it-a taste-a so good-a

t. contrarian faggot

fuck me? fuck me?! you motherfucker! fuck my mother, that's what you fucking tell me?

>tfw have a degree from Le Cordon Bleu and get triggered by this scene every time its mentioned
>always get told to gb2 /ck/ when denouncing the scene

I guess this is why you are on Sup Forums and not working

What's wrong with it?

Please, go ahead and denounce it! I, for one, would like to know how it falters from reality.

what's wrong with the scene?

>degree from Le Cordon Bleu

It's 9am. I don't even leave for work for another two hours.

Enjoy making mediocre dishes with small portions and "good presentation"

wtf garlic doesn't liquefy

>liquefying garlic

Garlic doesn't liquify

The garlic isn't going to magically turn into a fluid because its thin. It's going to burn and you're going to get blackened garlic flakes that taste like burnt throughout the sauce.

yes it does, I tried it and it works

I'm listening.

t. someone who's never cooked

Garlic does liquify, niggers. You can test it in a few minutes.

>me and my favorite comedian have the same favorite movie
>also have a pet named cleo

youtube.com/watch?v=u_pyvTsN0NM

me and burr are soulmates

thekitchn.com/the-celluloid-p-5-6591
no

Scorsese's best movies were in the seventies.

It liquefies in oil you fucking dickbags.

Need a proper solvent or sauce.
Using just cooking oil isn't going to do anything but saute it.

>garlic
>liquefy
GARLIC DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>prison, dinner was always a big thing. We had a pasta course and then we had a meat or fish. Paulie did the prep work. He was doing a year for contempt, and he had this wonderful system for doing the garlic. He used a razor, and he used to slice it so thin that it used to liquefy in the pan with just a little oil. It was a very good system.
>He used a razor, and he used to slice it so thin that it used to liquefy in the pan with just a little oil. It was a very good system.
>it used to liquefy in the pan with just a little oil. It was a very good system.
>it used to liquefy in the pan with just a little oil.
>It was a very good system.

Garlic burns in oil, will turn to mush in a sauce

You don't know shit about garlic.

Have you ever cooked in your life or does mom do everything?

>he can't liquefy garlic

Ha.

If your garlic isn't liquefying then you're not slicing it thin enough. I'd tell you to eat shit but I assume you couldn't even prepare that properly.

CELLULOSE DOES NOT FUCKING LIQUEFY RETARD

FRYING/SAUTEING FUCKING GARLIC TURNS IT INTO FUCKING GARLIC CHIPS NOT FUCKING LIQUID

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why are you lying? You know this is all anonymous, right?

>In prison, dinner was always a big thing. We had a pasta course and then we had a meat or fish
What prison does good

>used to liquefy in the pan with just a little oil.
absolute bullshit

What film

Chef (2014)

i fucking hate that scene so much

How about you go and try it?

Prove it.

>>In prison, dinner was always a big thing. We had a pasta course and then we had a meat or fish.

Is this all bullshit?

Well, I've accidentally fried finely diced garlic in oil in a skillet before. It does char, not melt.

not the guy you're responding to, though

You need to melt it in low heat.

whenever i see this shot i always have the intrusive thought of slicing off strips of fingernail

That's your inner chink talking.

why wouldnt he just buy liquefied garlic like a normal person

low heat

FUCK SMEE? FUCK SMEE?! A LOTTA LOYALTY FUCK MY BRUDDER?!

video or it didn't happen.

FUCKING CELLULOSE DOES NOT FUCKING MELT FUCK

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>thinks you get a cooking degree to make pretty food and not to land a better paying position in the kitchen

The difference between a mediocre chef and a mediocre chef with a degree is the difference between a dishwasher and a sous chef.

This was on TV when I was a kid. First scene I ever saw from Goodfellas

youtube.com/watch?v=-VkPfmdRheM

>implying you aren't trying to foil this user with a textbook counter lie

*adjusts fedora*

Tch...amateur

You're a fucking idiot m8.

Conspiracy lunatic.

not unless you use a little bit of oil

All the stupid mongs replying to this guy.
The dude doesnt cut garlic, its onion

but it works and is good you fake fuck

You realize you can just google that garlic thing and dozens of sites and chefs will tell you it's full of shit, right?

Yeah bud you're going to have to show us some proof.

as someone who can cook, this scene triggers me

No it doesn't. It was actually something we did in class. We'd slice the garlic razor thin, put it in the oil and it would burn every time. Even on low heat. At no point did it ever liquify.

Garlic does not melt you meme loving fucks. I tried it because of this movie and asked the chef at the Italian restaurant I worked at in high school. He also agreed that it doesn't work that way.

Now go get your fucking shinebox.

Wait, are you telling me convicted murderer, drug dealer, and mob informant Henry Hill might have been a liar?

Fuck outta here.

Thank you for the frog I saved this frog.

I'm italian, i know how to cook and can confirm that it doesn't melt BUT, if the oil temperature is low enough the garlic will soften and turn easily into a purée. Or, you can put it in the oil at the last minute so it will turn crispy.

>FUCK YOU, YOU MUTHAFUCKA YOU

Problem Child 2

I assumed he was being poetic. Because the garlic was so thin and fine it would sort of disappear.