DUDE BORING AND DULL INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM FOR 2 HOURS LMAO

DUDE BORING AND DULL INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM FOR 2 HOURS LMAO

so you didn't like it, I take it?

Literally I post in reddit live threads: the movie

>priest pedophilia has a specific formula that works to determine how many priests will diddle how many kids
>there is no such formula for any other crimes committed by any other group
>movie focuses on the journalists instead of the victims and the people in the church going against the establishment
>absolutely boring imagery

Also I kinda hate Ruffalo.

ruffalo was the best part about this movie

Birdman was the best part about the movie
Ruffalo just came across as an energized asshole

>energized asshole
how? he was overly emotional and really cared about the victims and the whole case in general.

>movie focuses on the journalists
Do you seriously think this is a legitimate criticism?

He freaked about any other paper getting the court documents like a greedy asshole. And his drive felt more like personal agenda than public service.

Calvary was a better.

>He freaked about any other paper getting the court documents like a greedy asshole

greedy? like i said he was really passionate about the case and wanted to put out the story with his team and do it justice. That doesnt make him an asshole lol.

>And his drive felt more like personal agenda than public service.
again, very passionate. It did turn personal for him which is why he cared about the case so much. it wasnt soley a peronal agenda at all.

did you even watch the movie?

Yes I watched the movie
I didn't like it

it wasnt a great movie. Your criticism on ruffalo is terrible though.

spotlight is literally textbook oscarbait.
it's a film so devoid of any humanity and heart you'd be shocked to find out it wasn't made by robots.

>it's a film so devoid of any humanity and heart you'd be shocked to find out it wasn't made by robots
That's funny because this is literally texbook criticism

but it's true.
how come a movie with as personal and real a problem as child molestation by priests is lacking any sort of emotional core to make you feel for anything in the movie? it's like they really wanted to tell a story about the process of writing the article but forgot to include anything else in the film - like characters, arcs, etc.

>as personal a problem
Speak for yourself.

>forgot to include anything else in the film - like characters, arcs, etc.
Once again, worthless textbook criticism. You're just spewing buzzwords without any actual substance. Are you seriously trying to argue the film didn't have characters?

can you tell me a single thing about any of the characters in this movie other than the fact that they all have vague ties to Catholicism?

no?

ok, what about conflict? can you show me when spotlight faced any sort of adversity? someone trying to shut down their investigation? no? so they sort of just decided they wanted to write the article, then they did? other than 9/11, there was no single time in the movie any character faced a conflict, something in their way that they needed to overcome. sure, there were some stubborn people, but you'd think for as much as they play up how hard the church was gonna fight their journalism, they really didn't fight it at all.

these are textbook criticisms because the movie fails at evven the most basic of things.

and even 9/11 wasn't a conflict

>oh no 9/11 happened, spotlight we're diverting your resources to covering this event
>one scene later
>ok we're back on the case

fucking pathetic

>someone trying to shut down their investigation
Not him, but fuck you for pushing this Argo bullshit.

It's called conflict you fucking retarded mongo. Movies need to have it. This is just a fucking documentary about shit happening, it's not interesting. None of the characters do anything worthwhile. It fucking sucks.

DUDE CATHOLICS ARE BAD
YOU BETTER OBEY US, GOYIM