He doesn't even talk about the Magna Carta on this

He doesn't even talk about the Magna Carta on this..

He's clearly met Magna Carta, why doesn't he share his thoughts on it?

t b h he really doesn't talk about anything

he talks about beaches(bitches)

and fame

>no bulge

Small penis.

>looking for dicks

I want political history rap

I say the phrase 'I don't pop molly I rock Tom Fords' on a semi-regular basis, AMA

Well then you're saying it fucking wrong on a regular basis. It's "Tom FORD"

Do you think Rob Ford has read the Magna Carta?

sooo i was right

he was close to saying something profound in Oceans

also the ONE time he mentions "Magna Carta" in the lyrics but he only vaguely refers to it.

It could have been more.

this album is better than yeezus

in what way

literally every non-welsh album is

I guess Open Letter was technically on the album also but defending his trip to Cuba and Obama references were the only real interesting parts of that song to me.

I guess the parts calling for revolution and comparing the Communism of Cuba and China could be enlightening to some. He could have embellished that point some more but it wasn't the type of track to linger on a single topic too long.

idk if I would go that far but there's not a ton of separation between them. I like them both fwiw

still waiting

there's something very ugly about this album

elaborate?

I wonder if any rappers today could actually write some seriously "political" hip hop.

I lean towards "no" mostly because I've been disappointed a lot in the last few years by guys who I thought could pull it off.

I know Joey Bada$$ and Earl Sweatshirt like to study civil rights activists but I'm not certain how relevant those studies can be to today's issues.

I'm looking for a broader perspective but the American education system has been trash for decades and it's failures have compounded over the generations. I'm not sure any modern artist has the knowledge base to effectively address the modern political paradigm.

Guys like Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Yachty, XXXTentacion, etc are channeling modern feelings and perspectives but are not self aware enough to speak on the broader forces at play as to why their music catches on.

Kendrick Lamar and Killer Mike are the only ones I can think of who are maybe capable of pulling off something profound, based on their age and perceived knowledge bases. But they don't seem focused enough. Same with Ab-Soul.

idk, I'm rambling. My point is, hip hop has been getting a little stale with it's lack of new messages. Will the next great poet please step forward?

That'd be Vince Staples

>magna carta
>no charlemange feature track

really activates the brain electronics

Jay-Z sold out and made pop music since The Black Album

nah, Vince tells stories and even then, his themes are pretty weak. He's street smart but not well educated.

>no King Louie feature either

wtf Shawn

there is no adequate response to your ridiculous statement

cold blooded

first Kendrick single did not live up to expectations

there any chance of a new album this year?

I'm going to lean towards no but I'd be happy to be wrong

he's been featured on 4 tracks since 2016 and its been 4 years since Magna Carta. 4 years before that was Blueprint III.

it'd be later in the year (fall if at all prob) but i wouldn't count it out

it does sorta seem like he's ramping up for something.

maybe he'll take a few months to teach Obama to rap, lol. Only for a verse or a spoken word segment, of course.

I would hope he would stray from the banger sound that he went for on MCHG.

I would love to hear him and Joey Bada$$ do a song or two together. A$AP Rocky as well.

I've been saying for a few years that more NY rappers should feature on each other's music, kinda like the old days. I think it's up to Jay to start reaching out.

I don't want lame threads trying to analyze Kendrick's obvious surface level song to slide my Jay Z thread off the board

What a difficult feat that was to accomplish (also yeezus is still somehow better)

Yeezus was more unique but MCHG was pretty solid

Tom Ford dumbass
you don't rock it either because you're a fuckboy poser

I guess my question is why don't you kill yourself