Why isn't there a lot of music made in surround sound? There are plenty of movies...

Why isn't there a lot of music made in surround sound? There are plenty of movies, but I've never heard any music in surround and I think it would be cool to listen to some.

Other urls found in this thread:

mcraigculbertson.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that stereo was a meme back then, everything was mono and I'm a strong believer that still should.

Stereo came about because of the headphones and if you want surround, try classic albums remastered in surround. Black Sabbath's Paranoid is a good start.

>Stereo is a meme
>Black Sabbath
What's it like to have shit taste?

>muh reading comprehension

What was it like to be held back a grade?

but muh pans

There is plenty. But beyond quadraphonic setups, there is no standardization for multichannel speaker placement, so it's usually up to the composer's discretion.

5.1 is a stupid format for music, as the center channel is made for dialog in film.

Subs are fine, but they're usually just getting a summed version of the front pair of speakers, and not an extra channel, so a quad speaker setup with subs would be described as 4 channel and not 4.1

>Reminder that stereo was a meme back then, everything was mono and I'm a strong believer that still should.
I don't know, what's it like?

Are you saying that Black Sabbath isn't great?

Didn't you make this thread before?

Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson and Flaming Lips have a few albums in surround sound

Most of them are classical music though

The Beatles' LOVE project was in surround sound, but apart from that, nobody wants to buy the equipment, nobody can be fucked mixing in surround, and music sounds fine in stereo

I wish cars had quadraphonic setups. It seems like such a good environment for that.

The Downward Spiral has a 5.1 version

Cuz we only have two ears

>Didn't you make this thread before?
No. Copied it from archive with slight modification.
Is there a mega link for the surround version?

Why do her breasts get larger and larger? Is this supposed to be a metaphor for David Byrne's white suit?
Anyway, all of King Crimson's 40th Anniversary releases come with new stereo mixes on one CD and 5.1 surround sound mixes on a DVD/Blu-Ray.

hypno fetish is weird

gayfag detected

>he thinks gays dislike tits

mcraigculbertson.bandcamp.com/

Don't lump us in with another fetish, even though hypnosis is totally weird.

>tfw deaf in one ear
>can't listen to a lot of classic rock albums because the sound is so segmented between both ears

Why did they all think this shit was such a great idea?

Sauce?

They thought it was a great idea because usually people aren't fucking disabled.

It was a little fucking inconsiderate of them, just fucking saying.

because you didn't buy enough SACD's