Is it possible to learn the violin by yourself and get into a reasonable skill level?

Is it possible to learn the violin by yourself and get into a reasonable skill level?

Yes

Use youtube as a guide.

>reasonable skill level
Depends on your definition of "reasonable skill level"

If it's an orchestral instrument, the standards are higher if it's a guitar or bass.

Einstein learned the universe by himself, so a piece of wood is not harder to learn

you might be somewhat competent but you'd be putting a lot of unnecessary work on yourself. Teach yourself for a bit then get a teacher. Put your ego aside, because in actuality, you probably will sound like complete dogshit at that point in time. work your ass off and reap it's benefits. all on ur dumbass to do it

Nah, he was wrong about a lot of things, like the steady state theory and quantum mechanics

Enough to play ~10 songs without fucking them up.

>the standards are higher if it's a guitar or bass.

I learned the guitar on my own too. Did you mean to say the guitar is actually harder?

I barely used youtube when i was learning the guitar, though. Is self-education more necessary for the violin?

youtube won't teach you shit

violin requires extremely complex technique and form to play. the only way to learn is from an instructor.

How did the guy that invented the violin learn how to play it?

Too bad he dedicated his life to that shit, OP needs to split his time on masturbation, school and shit-posting on Sup Forums.

This is correct

>Enough to play ~10 songs without fucking them up.
thats easy then, also you are not telling us the complexity of said songs

t. teacher
i have read many faggots like you in reddit it turn they are profesional teachers every time.

Definitely. I mean think about it, at least one persone in history had to have learned to play violin without a teacher

>I learned the guitar on my own too. Did you mean to say the guitar is actually harder?
I mean the standard of being a reasonably skilled player is lower guitar/bass than violin or orchestral instruments.

You could start your first band within 6 months of playing guitar; try joining a string quartet after playing violin for 6 months and you'll get laughed at

>try joining a string quartet after playing violin for 6 months and you'll get laughed at
That sounds like a challenge.

>You could start your first band within 6 months of playing guitar; try joining a string quartet after playing violin for 6 months and you'll get laughed at

the sheer stupidity of this post make me pic related
the apropiate comparation is join a jam in your backyard not a string quartet jesus

>Time to have a backyard jam!
>don't forget the violins, oboe and bassoon!
Stop

>suddenly a violin its only for stupid classical music only
Stop

No. That's the worst instrument to learn by yourself.

What else is it for?

DID

literally any music someone could want to play
instruments aren't restricted to styles, user

he was right about all the right things

>quantum mechanics doesn't matter
>original and death of the universe doesn't matter

too much internet for you today
just stop

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU/