Anyone here do martial arts? Is it worth it?

Anyone here do martial arts? Is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aekiMlGQDLY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no. irl just kick em in the nuts. or gouge their eyes.

Worth it? What kind of question is that? Try it. If you like it, keep doing it. If not, do something else.

It's fun and handy to know - go knock yourself out

I have twenty years of martial arts experience under my belt.

I've only ever been in one fight.

No. Do some boxing and some Brazilian JJ for grappling.

All karate and Kung up types are useless unless you become a master.

If you think jiu jitsu is a martial art youre a loser. Go look up karate mr fast fingers and get yourself a mc black belt

I did thai boxe. Its pretty cool, it's fun and you don't necessarily have to become retarded like if you were doing straight up just boxe. I suggest you either try this one or kick boxing

I did it for like 8 years. Got a brown belt. I did pretty good but i don't really think it would help in a fight. The techniques are really good but you also have to build muscle, and train on a regular basis.

Also this guy knows what's up

I think so. It gives you confidence that you can throw down when you need to and also that others can kick your ass too. I say try it out and don't get discouraged if it's not clicking for you right away, it takes time.

No

Haha righto. That's why so many karate masters are ufc champs.

this is called krav maga.

Thanks friend :)

only striking is worth it.
grappling is gay as fuck.

Wiki:
Martial arts are codified systems and traditions of combat practices, which are practiced for a number of reasons: as self-defense, military and law enforcement ...

By wiki's definition (which is a hell of a lot more credible than some crowing faggot on Sup Forums) jiu jitsu is definitely a martial art.

I did Brazilian JJ for a year and learned that I would never, ever want to fight someone that is trained in it.

and by striking i mean proper striking in the form of punches.

i.e. either boxing, kickboxing, or muay thai.

everything else is worthless.

.... aaaaaand?

I've seen a BJJ novice take down and destroy a "karate master" who was trying to do all his fancy kicks and shit. Literally ground and pound the shit out of him.

Martial arts? no. why? because this: youtube.com/watch?v=aekiMlGQDLY

Striking is great until someone that knows grappling gets you on the ground.

Obviously both would be ideal but if I had to choose one I would rather be good on the ground.

I teach martial arts, it's great fun and fitness. Lean a style but understand that one isn't better than the other. Keep your mind open and pick up extra styles as you progress

It's cool to know but you'll probably never use it. Unless you're going for a fighting career. It's not worth it op

ideally, in a perfect world, i'd never let them take me to ground in the first place.

if im up on my feet, when shit goes south at least i make like a nigger and run as opposed to having jerome's buddies drop kick me in the head.

What about it?

I started TKD when I was really young, because I was a really energetic kid and my parents thought it would be a good idea. I got my black belt at 15.

I switched to Judo. I got my black belt in that at 21.

For the last ten or whatever years I've been training Sambo.

As for the fight I was in, it was Christmas in South Boston. I was at bar meet up with friends. Drunk black guy got uppity. My friends told him not to. I told him not to. I bought him a shot not to. I guess he had a really bad Christmas, I don't know. He swung, I ducked it. I cross punched him, got him in a hold and told him to calm down, he began to cry. I let him go, sat him at the bar. He cried more, waved off any more attention, and then quietly left fifteen or so minutes later.

It wasn't very exciting.