Richard Roeper : ‘Ghostbusters’ reboot a horrifying mess

>So bad.

>“Ghostbusters” is a horror from start to finish, and that’s not me saying it’s legitimately scary.

>More like I was horrified by what was transpiring onscreen.

>How could so many talented, well-meaning artists, who clearly loved and respected the original, produce such a raggedy-looking, thuddingly unfunny, utterly unnecessary reboot?

>For months, controversy has swirled around the new “Ghostbusters” movie. The trailer was reportedly the most hated in YouTube history, for what that’s worth (or not worth), which led to some pundits saying some of that hate was rooted in sexism.

>Others said the fact the Leslie Jones character wasn’t a scientist and seemed to have a role that called for her to play into stereotypes smacked of racism.

>Of course, people were voicing these opinions without having seen the entire movie. Well, I have seen it — and while I believe the concerns about racial stereotypes were overblown, “Ghostbusters” is one of the worst movies of the year for multiple other reasons, including:
Bad acting.

>Uninspired directing, editing, cinematography and music.

>Cheesy special effects.
>A forgettable villain.
>A terrible script.

chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/ghostbusters-reboot-a-horrifying-mess/

real reviewer coming through

47% from top critics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wZxzsMBIhRY
birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/07/10/ghostbusters-review-bad-news-for-the-ghostbros
dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3684917/Review-Ghostbusters-takes-aim-misogyny-scores.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw Gene Roeper will now be murdered by the SJWs

Roeper is based

It felt like i was reading a review made in the halls of valhalla

fucking savage

dont let this happen

>who clearly loved and respected the original

Assuming they weren't, something tells me they didn't and are just placating nerdy SJWs.

Fuck Armond, this is the King of Sup Forums and i'm not being ironic.

>ignorant old straight white cis male is a misognynist bigot
i'm sure everyone is surprised *rolls eyes*

youtube.com/watch?v=wZxzsMBIhRY

He is a hero

The Leslie Jones character wasn't even intended to be played by Leslie Jones. She actually brought the racism to the role herself...

>victim blaming

it's Richard Roeper you imbecile

I really wish somebody would post a fake siskel and ebert review as ghosts calling it shit, but it's a little too on the nose.

Somehow I really doubt that. McCarthy's character was mean to be the awkward fat one from the beginning while Jones was the stereotypical black woman.

>well-meaning artists, who clearly loved and respected the original
this line is not true, however the rest of the article is BASED

Pretty sure it's Gene Roeper, dickchops

Don't reply to my comment, you've been blocked.

It's interesting to see how some shitty cashin hollywood remake is being infused with tumblr identity politics and anyone who doesn't like it is a redneck shitlord or something.

This is coming from leftists who normally complain about CORPORATIONS.

Speaking of armond, I can't tell if he'll love it or hate it

Ok

It's necessary to include something like that so you can get away with bashing the movie

Why God did this make me laugh so hard?

Wow I didn't realize Roeper was a SHITLORD

Hell hate it. Most critics are been defensive about it. Plus Leslie Jones character would be catnip for him

>(One indication this story takes place in the same universe occupied by the original Ghostbusters: we catch a glimpse of a bust of the late great Harold Ramis’ Egon Spengler character.)
Dear God in heaven

Doesn't Roeper know that the truth is a thought crime now? He needs to be taken to the reeducation center and given sensitivity training.

I was just thinking the same thing. On one hand the critics are sucking it's dick so he is going to hate it, on the other hand massive amounts of people think it's shit so he might say it's great. I can't wait to see what it will be.

What is she gonna do with that wrench?

well Devin liked it, so there's that:

birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/07/10/ghostbusters-review-bad-news-for-the-ghostbros

He better say that he loves it. It will make all the other critics question themselves.

>How could so many talented, well-meaning artists, who clearly loved and respected the original

Give me a fucking break. If that were really true this movie would have never been made in the first place.

I miss these guys
:(

>well Devin, a seldf proclaimed male feminist with a wet fungus infested mangina whos been pushing this movie as the renaissance of modern cinema liked it, so there's that:

FTFY no need to thank me,.

>My face when I agree with everything in this review
Did I find my criticfu?

>Egon is some twinkie-obsessed homofuck queer squirting the cream filling all over face saying "I love twinkies" in an orgasmic moan because Paul Faggot thought would be funny

She's going to use the fixxy thing on the facebook machine.

Seeing as he was Ebert's apprentice, it would be fitting if he became the new god king of Sup Forums.

what did he mean by this?

You're forgetting the part where he bragged on twitter about how his girlfriend made out with Michael B. Jordan.

>who clearly loved and respected the original
>had to take Bill Murray to court to get him to do a cameo
>the climax is literally shooting the GB logo in the penis
>strawmanning GB fans as misogynist cis scum in movie and in promotional tours
>sheboon visibly sets her race back while Ernie Hudson's character was just a working stiff
>clearly loved and respected the original

He forgot to add the asterisks and emoticons. Also needs an *unsheaths katana* for good measure.

>Review: 'Ghostbusters' takes aim at misogyny and scores

>It feels a little like this "Ghostbusters" was a cultural test that we (not the movie) have already failed. Feig's film may be a feminist milestone: a big ol' popcorn movie taken over by women (something that should have happened long ago and engendered far less vitriol). But it's also simply a breezy good time, one that just happens to culminate with four very funny ladies shooting a monster in the balls.

>"Ghostbusters," a Columbia Pictures release, is rated PG-13 by the Motion Picture Association of America for "supernatural action and some crude humor." Running time: 116 minutes. Three stars out of four.

dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3684917/Review-Ghostbusters-takes-aim-misogyny-scores.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>culture can be accurately described as a ball made and held by a single person

Hey, there are people on Sup Forums who didn't read the e-mail leaks, I wouldn't expect a reviewer to do so.

The peace sign in bongland is the same as the middle finger.

>dailymail

It can though

>Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.

Yeah obviously the movie is only getting good reviews because they are being paid for by feminists or part of the feminist agenda. It can't be that the person actually enjoyed the movie.

Yeah is this how far we have fallen? I has hoping this stupidity would die when the reviews started coming out.

Oh so this guys from Britbongistan and is a femininist mangina ? Shocked.

>mfw this movie will bomb financially because it can't be released in China.

They literally don't allow movies with ghosts in them over there. TY based Chinese superstition.

>While there are multiple visual and musical nods to the 1984 classic (to the point of distraction), this is a stand-alone disaster.
>this is a stand-alone disaster.
>a stand-alone disaster.
>disaster.
>DISASTER.

That argument would hold weight if the positive reviews didn't specifically mention misogyny, etc being taken to task by these ladies.

If the reviews just said "fun movie, good comedy, great effects, decent plot" or fucking anything relating to Ghostbusters as a film rather than a part of a social movement, then I'd buy that this is something people can enjoy. But it seems all the positive reviews are agenda pushing.

The Chinese perceive this movie as being disrespectful to the dead? They don't even know about the bust of Harold Ramis in the opening scene. Oh the irony.

People are probably just tired of how low the bar has been set for RT reviewers. When Buzzfeed bloggers and Stuckmann can get their foot in the door, it starts to lose its credibility.

You look at movies like London Has Fallen, and every other review was "The perfect film for Trumps America." Every review now has to have some sort of slant to it, whether its political, social, whatever is in at that moment.

Few review films objectively anymore, it's gotta be framed through some sort lens that distorts everything. I could care less about whether Ghostbusters is "certified fresh" or not. My issue was that if you read a handful of those reviews, it was clear they were written weeks in advance as a social statement first, then added a few sentences here and there to prove they actually saw it.

No. They just don't like women

They hate black people, women, and ghosts.

They don't allow anything with ghosts because they "promote cults and superstition"

It has nothing to do with respect

I believe it's agenda pushing for NO money. Reviewers are acting without integrity by NOT informing their readershipin a nonbiased manner, basicly their job, you know, like they're supposed to do, because they think the SJW agenda is more important. The same goes for most of the mainstream media. They do it for free.

nigga looks like a burnt out Toby Jones

holy shit

It's definitely not all paid off, though some reviews like "The movie of the summer!" or "The idea popcorn family flick!" seem pretty suspicious in the "Critics" section. Most reviewers probably went into the movie already knowing they would give it good reviews, either out of righteous indignation or compliant groupthink.

>he changed his website because "Badass Digest" was too triggering

This. Sony didn't have to pay off critics to shill, their marketing tactic of shaming into compliance/"us vs. them" got the momentum it needed to guarantee a good RT score.

>Roger Ebert judging a movie based on the fact that it's a remake and not judging it in its own merits
Next time you wanna push your agenda through a dead celebrity, make sure it fits your agenda.

>Rest assured, busting will indeed make you feel good.

>Few review films objectively anymore, it's gotta be framed through some sort lens that distorts everything.

That's because that's how they MAKE the films.

They come with an agenda attached already, be it "stronk womyn", "diversity", "tolerance", or whatever, the Jews in Hollywood are concerned as much about the agenda they're pushing as they are about anything else.

The only spook to be found in this movie was Leslie Jones.

Really? What's the story there? Is "triggering" literally just a new version of MPAA rating now?

>because they think the SJW agenda is more important.

This.

Is there anything about Faraci that isn't sad at this point?

The notion that critics of the film were sexists was created by the supporters of the film who were either too delusional or invested in the movie to see it for what it was. So to them the narrative of all detractors being sexist seemed believable.

MISOGYNIST

>People on twitter/facebook trying to discredit Richard fucking Roeper over this review.

Pretty much. To a lot of these people, the fact that "lots of little girls will be dressing as Ghostbusters this Halloween" is more important than viewing the flick through a critical lens.

This is the most blatant one I've seen yet.

Not surprised in the slightest. They knew before they even posted the article that there would be scores of people wanting to call them on their bullshit.

This right here. They're wearing their biases on their sleeve, and not even trying to hide it.

Devin Faraci is legitimately retarded. He confirmed on twitter that he thinks you are automatically sexist if you don't like the movie, and he doesn't think that logic is "crazy"

Sony further fueled that by deleting critical comments from the first trailer while leaving sexist ones...

yeah

the third dimension.

>Verified account
>825 followers

Reality

I want to live in the Roeper dimension

>Old straight white male hates the new Ghostbuster remake
What else is new? Meanwhile the movie is getting a better rating every hour, it's almost at 80% now and you know it's going to reach that mark soon. Furious man-babies will keep pretending that that's not that good a score somehow, but you can't argue against numbers, and you can't argue against the fact that feminism won. Face it, it's 2016 now and if you don't like the Ghostbusters remake, you're on the wrong side of history.

Because you're 13 years old.

FINDS

its also why the positive reviews are more concerned with discussing the dreaded "hater trolls" than actually discussing the film itself.

So far the negative reviews have been the only ones I've read with any substantial information about the film. Where as the positive ones just hit a checklist of vaguely defined praise n buzzwords.

Also its come to my attention that "film maker" turned professional shill and apologist for heartless nostalgia retreads Kevin Smith has seen the film and said its great.

For me at least that's all I need to know that this will be garbage.

So apparently in the reboot they don't even really catch ghosts, they mostly just blow them up?

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

>“Ghostbusters” is a horror from start to finish, and that’s not me saying it’s legitimately scary.

>More like I was horrified by what was transpiring onscreen.

>Buzzfeed are now considered valued enough to have their reviews featured on RT.

>a big ol' popcorn movie taken over by women (something that should have happened long ago and engendered far less vitriol)

it's like they're oblivious

Literally every show on network TV from sitcoms to crime dramas is filled with horny simpleminded men constantly being outsmarted by women and has done so for as long as I can remember

Must every medium follow the same script?

A BOY

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

SJW BTFO AGAIN

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Roeper thought Lord of the Rings was bad. He's a hack who couldn't shine Siskels tumour.

But he's right about this

>My glibness and shortness of reply shows how I am obviously correct and secure in my opinion