Hey /b

hey /b
I know you're not my personal army but fucking mircosoft !
I have my aunt's old laptop its genuine windwos 7 and i cant download the offical windows that she paid a product key for
I want it t be genuine
any ideas?
>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

support.hp.com/us-en/product/Compaq-Mini-CQ10-PC-series/4074261/model/4126222/manuals
support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/Compaq-Mini-CQ10-PC-series/4074261/model/4126222/swItemId/ob-77449-1
support.hp.com/us-en/product/Compaq-Mini-CQ10-PC-series/4074261/model/4126222/document/c01867418/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shameless self-bump

>she paid a product key for
What do you mean? Did she buy windows? Or did she buy a computer with windows on it?

No it has windows 7 starter on it and a product key on the back

I entered the product key on windows and it gave me pic related
I entered recovery manager and it says system recovery
It has local disk D labeled recovery which i can't open
If i do system recovery it states: restore your computer to its original factory condition
would I lose the recovery disk?
I tried burning one but the laptop is a mini so it has no disc burner

Then you have to go through the manufacturer, it has a manufacture license. It's to prevent people from just trying to get a thousand copies of windows off that one key

come on guys I know someone is lurking I gotta do this to show my family I can at least manage myself with computers otherwise they'll think I'm a complete moron

what brand/model is it?

yes but how DO I manage to do that
she bought it on a business trip 4 years ago so there's no way of any contact

Compaq Mini CQ10-130SE PC

32 bit right?

this thread is good I might need that someday
anyone lurkin'?

yes of course it's an old mini laptop

please any assistance would be greatly appreciated

I install windows for people all the time.
I just use
>Windows Activator.

Its not legal. But it works like a charm.

I have a pirated CD of windows I just want to make use of the official key I have so it'll be genuine windows

Are you just trying to reformat or what? In the end HP has a recovery tool, but it just resets it to factory default with usb. Just recover that shit or read more on it
support.hp.com/us-en/product/Compaq-Mini-CQ10-PC-series/4074261/model/4126222/manuals

yes I want to reformat it
what do you mean with USB and just resets
formatting and installing windows would do the same wouldn't it?
I have nothing to recover I want to clean install windows to make the laptop usable again she has loads of crap installed on it

Well in that case i would call microsoft.
Usually when the activation fails. It comes up with a phone number.
Then you get to talk to a "robot" who tells you to put in a shit load of numbers on your pc.
If ot doesnt work. You will be pit through to a worker from Microsoft. That usually does the trick.
Atleast thats how it work in my counry.
(I work with IT support. Especially windows)

I read that but id doesnt mention anything about USB like
said

and when i open recovery manager i dont have factory reset only system recovery which when selected says: restore your computer to its original factory condition

support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/Compaq-Mini-CQ10-PC-series/4074261/model/4126222/swItemId/ob-77449-1

In the end it will be a factory reset

>original factory condition
> factory reset
same thing goofball

yes but the pic
posted said system recovery and factory reset are different that's my point man

Install Ubuntu..Windows is shit

OP how is this so hard to do i sorted these problem when i was 11 years old.

fucking faggot

I have it on MY laptop
trying to get into computer science next year
but its my aunt's laptop

>look at the bottom of the laptop
>find the model number and the serial number
>look up the model number to find out who makes it
>call them
>have serial number ready

They'd be right though

Click yes on the original factory condition, you're making this so difficult

but Ill lose the recovery partition
would factory reset be the same as installing windows again?
wouldnt I need system files?

If you do lose the recovery partition it makes a new one. It would be like you just bought the thing

Probably Ubuntu or Linux mint are friendly-use like or even more of Windows..i don't think your aunt plays games on pc (only for games Windows is better than linux-based-distro); for everithing else (browse, mail, work, privacy, etc..) linux-based-distro are much better.

You really are a yard, don't do things before you've done some research .

support.hp.com/us-en/product/Compaq-Mini-CQ10-PC-series/4074261/model/4126222/document/c01867418/

reading is your friend

..and are FREE!

you won't lose the recovery partition, you'll just fill it up.

yes it's the same as installing windows again, you don't need any system files you don't already have -- HOWEVER, if you do factory reset from within windows 10, pretty sure it'll just reinstall windows 10

>yard
Retard

>You really are a yard

Windows activator will not work on a win 7 computer that has been 'SLMGR -REARM' reset more than 3 times.
Just a friendly FYI

ok well thank you all for your support you've been good sumaritans I hope you're rewarded for this
I send my regards to you good guys

Kek

Hmm really? Sounds odd. Ive use it several times.

Op. You want this to work.
But you dont listen to my advice?

Could've just asked for advice instead of autism

I listened but I can't call I live in a shitty country so there isn't a way to contact. Microsoft

Hmm thats a pickle.
Hope you find an answer user.

/b did!
didn't you read the thread?
i'll factory reset that mother fucker

Hi, Sup Forums. I'm very fat. It's because I love eating and resting even when I don't need to. They're probably my two favorite things to do in the whole world.

I love being a fatty. I know I'm hurting myself, but food is just so good, and being soft and sluggish is just so comfortable and fun.

You don't hate me, do you, Sup Forums-senpai? I'm not doing anything wrong, am I? Aside from gluttony, I try really hard to do the right thing desuuu

fuck off with your toxic "meme"