youtube.com/watch?v=y-NeKMhc-ro

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-GrrrJWkEpM
youtube.com/watch?v=6TSQUbvyKc8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

>Being able to travel across the world to learn a language for a month

Fuck rich people

>they literally found the only white person in Portugal to conduct an interview with

kek

lol i did the same thing and i'm a poorfag who lives at home works two minimum wage jobs

It's called homestay stoopid. I'm gonna have Portuguese qts staying with me

Suebi genes stronk

hol up

My grandma is portuguese, she's super white.

portugueses are white

Portuguese sounds like a slavic language

Portugal's portuguese is just trash.

Portuguese from Europe has had all the vowels taken out

In Brazil you can hear it as it's meant to be spoken

Even the accent from Angola is nicer

Brazils Portuguese is original Portuguese?

other way around

Brazilians basically butchered portuguese

not at all

To me it does, shut up Poland

effeminated portuguese

it's a "clearer" why of spelling it out. We usually only have one clear vowel in each word, while softening up the others.

"Brasil" in Portuguese, would be spelled with a soft a, a strong i.

"Brasil" in Brasilian, would be spelled with both strong a and i but would turn the l into a u.

brazilian as clearer vowels, but they mispell some consonants.

of course that's not the case with all brasilian portuguese spelling, they have quite some differences.

I think it's because most original Brazilians and later immigration had to learn Portuguese (natives, africans, other europeans) and as such made it clearer sounding, except for consonant/diphtongs that were harder for them.

Picture US english with British english and how US english is "clearer sounding" than british english.

Always imagined portugese people way darker 2bh

Do you like black girls also?

Ah that makes sense. So you have the better Portuguese.

Yes

I'd only think Portuguese is better than Brazilian because we have much less anglo (US) influence and usually take to our latin roots when expanding vocabulary.

Brasil's portuguese is better, more refined.

Portugal's is like someone had a bone in their throat.

it's not refined at all, but somewhat the opposite

it's the language of plebs/slaves, hence why they treat everyone by você, short for "your mercy", which in brazil has obviously taken a more informal tone, but shows its origins.

the more a Brazilian tries to write/sound educated/professional, the more he will end up writting/sounding like a Portuguese.

>m-muh tu

The way he said it, it's like American accents compared to British ones. Clearer but second rate.

i am from manaus and no one uses você , feels good to speak the real portuguese

Is this correct? youtube.com/watch?v=-GrrrJWkEpM

hnnnng

Didn't mention it, but yes, conjugating the second person singular is something that only a few brazilians can/know how to do.

For what I gather, when some Brasilians attempt to conjugate the second person singular they just end up conjugating the third person singular.

você

We never conjugate the second person over here. Even when we do say "tu" we still use the third person conjugation. It's actually really jarring in middle school when you learn about it.

But you learn it correctly and just don't use it or you learn it incorrectly?

Why can't we just being nice friends and shit? What are those insults for?

There can only be war.

We just don't use it. I'm not saying everyone knows how to conjugate even regular verbs, but we do learn it in school.

this thread is pretty comfy

Don't be rude pls.

Those are cute cats. Please post more.

I have 2 more.

And this.

Thanks.

Dogs are cute too.

Staying on topic... I never understood this meme that people who don't know the language say that Portuguese sounds similar to Russian.

It sounds slavic to me, Idk.

Are we being rescued by Portuguese girls, or from them?

No we are rescuing the Portuguese girls and we meaning Canadians not burgers

Why is it always a fucking dutch guy that insults us here?Are you moroccan or something?Only non-white people insult us so you must be

> live in usa
> be poor

can you be anymore of a loser

Because you literally cannot handle the banter, at all.

DUTCH-PORTUGAL FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

They just did with "tu" what we did with "vós", basically. Except they did it to both.

Where I come from, people actually do use "vós" fairly often.

How am I supposed to handle the banter?Post a anime girl pic with a smug face or some shit?Shouldn't you be washing your mom's niqab after her daily beatup by your dad??

I think it's more evident with Euro Portuguese - the constant -sh sound, the way we say the single "r"s, the picking only one vowel per word to open, etc etc.

Memes aside, Portuguese (like French) kept a strong celtic influence on the accent, whereas Spanish/Italian kept a stronger Roman accent (with a bit of Arabic as well). The vocabular influence of Arabic is about the same in Iberia, but we (Portuguese/Galicians) did have a lot heavier celtic roots, probably for being farther away from Rome - we don't even use the Roman names for the weekdays like the other Romance languages.

By not being so utterly butthurt that you have to resort to posting weak, unintelligible retorts.

Besides, be happy that I acknowledged that Portugal has a white person, it's one more than I expected. Must be some extremely rare genetic mutation.

FIGHT!
FIGHT!
FIGHT!
FIGHT!

>Even when we do say "tu" we still use the third person conjugation.
Que?

instead of saying "tu es" they say "tu é"

Especially brazilians from the santa catarina(with caipira accent)

This is very strange, I heard that Southern Brazilians use "tu", but I would never guess that they do it in this way.

In the case of American English, they say that our accent is closer to the original due to isolation.

>Americans have the original 1700's British accent

Stop this fucking meme already. Any linguist will laugh you out of the room if you say this.

>71890648
not what he said at all

Believe it or not brazilians also say this

Truly disgusting girl.

I had a Protugese gf. I walked into her when she was laying in bed with some other guy. Instead of kicking her ass layed on top of her. Groping her ass. After doing that for like 5 min I told them to finish and leave my house before midnight. Went out with some friends and when I got back they were gone. Never saw her again. Truely a great moment in my life.

And Quebecois some French on acid ?

youtube.com/watch?v=6TSQUbvyKc8

they look dirty, like they haven't showered in days

All I want is to be friends with Russia

I'm an Anglo, I can't even tell the difference in your accents just the odd words they use

Stfu

>I told them to finish

god damn, the Lisbon accent never fails to annoy me

it's the Portuguese version of "valleyspeak", fucking upward inflections all over

must be the really odd and rare genetic mutation of a white child being born out of a white couple

my almonds are firing as we speak

>the more a Brazilian tries to write/sound educated/professional, the more he will end up writting/sounding like a Portuguese.

Gramatically, yes.
Phonetically, no.
The more formal and educated a brazilian speaks, the further they get from the portugal's accent.

>Gramatically, yes.
>Phonetically, no.
Yes, mostly.

>The more formal and educated a brazilian speaks, the further they get from the portugal's accent.
Brazilian Portuguese has this weird thing where you are syllable-timed when speaking fast (i.e. all syllables take the same time to be said, like Spanish, French and Italian), but when you slow down, you become stress-timed (i.e. all words take the same time to be said, with each word stressed syllable being the beat marker - like Euro Portuguese and English).

When speaking slowed, you also close the non-stressed syllables a tiny bit:

batata -> bá-tá-tâ (when spoken fast)/ bâ-tá-tâ(when spoken slowly).

The difference in consonants keep sounding Brazilian, though.

Do people abroad really think Portuguese are all olive skin tier people ?

White as snow

They're just ignorant.
Yesterday I was browsing Sup Forums kpop and I said that it was too late and I had to go to bed.
He literally called me a black guy, and said that portuguese people are all black and poor.

>Lisbon

I said Portuguese, not mixed raced.

We do generally have thin, long faces with big noses, as opposed to the round moonfaces up north or the tiny heads in north Africa.

More aerodynamic.

>White Boys

Thank God that I'm a Sporting fan.

>benfags
Although I'll note that it is a black girl holding the "white boys" calling card.

>not supporting your local team

Fucking Lisbon I thought it was meme but I'm starting to second guess.

I don't have a local Team.

I am spending two months in Peru for free. School pays meals and housing, my GoFundMe paid the plane ticket and insurance.

>supporting a soon to be dead club
kys

>dead club
>18.755 goes voting
Sure thing BdC hater.

This is the polar opposite of going to a football match in London. Everyone is diverse on the streets, but inside the stadium everyone is white.

>tfw white in Portugal

Sure is suffering here.

I'm doing the same thing in Brazil and I only work part time. Feels good desu

I can't read that m8

It's a North vs South (mostly North vs Lisbon) meme

It's not even funny

>uuii!!
kek
>e a Universidade do Porto
quê, a de Coimbra não é boa que chegue?