Use this thread to vent and rant about music

Use this thread to vent and rant about music.
I don't understand why people hate Currents from Tame Impala but love the first two, like you can hate Tame Impala as much as you want but DO NOT sit here and just be like "Oh Currents sucks" while you vibe out to that goofy ass sterile neopsych.
Geogaddi isn't THAT scary obviously but if you can't at least comprehend and wrap your head around why people think it's unsettling then you need to wear a helmet on your head.
People need to stop getting butthurt when they post hip-hop in a thread where we are discussing 10/10 albums and people tell them to fuck off because they posted hip-hop and act like they didn't derail the thread. There is maybe a little over a dozen 9/10 hip-hop albums and like 4 10/10s. Stop that shit.
Also this poptimism shit needs to stop. Also we don't need to have 40 XXXTentacion threads now, yes we get it, he's out of jail, it's an exciting time. Stop flooding.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9g4zYVG-rjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Metal is shit
Hip hop is shit
Whiny BS like Mark Kosiak is shit
Stop making up BS rock subgenres too

I fucking hate the Beatles and Nirvana they aren't even fucking good

Sup Forums is extremely america-centric. We only seem to talk about third wave american post-rock and people write off two tone because Sup Forums only talks about third wave american two tone (ska punk)

I'm like 90% sure Kpop and Jpop both fucking suck and the people who listen to them are weird, delusional weebs.

It's 80% Americans here hence all the white-guilt memerap and thinking all bleeps are ultra/edc EDM

An even bigger tragedy is that no one talks about shit like Rocksteady
Guys claiming to know Ska but it starts and ends with Streetlight Manifesto

kiss are one of hte best fvucking bands of all time and htey deserve Sup Forumscore status dbumb fcucks

For a board that sucks black cock 24/7 I don't get the hate for Jamaican music especially since it all started there.

>For a board that sucks black cock 24/7
Considering that half of this board actually believes in the "niggermusic lol m i rite?" meme? Fucking no.

Master is painfully underrated
It hurts to see that Insomniax started making noize instead of more metal punk
Deicide fucking suck
Metal isn't original anymore, it's all bands copying early 80s-90s originals

I fucking hate "experimental music". Experimenting in music in perfectly fine, the Beatles did that with Sgt. Peppers and that was a great album, experimentation isn't bad at all. Nearly all great albums had to experiment enough to be unique enough for people to really get interested. But if you release a series of random noises and explain yourself by calling your work "experimental" and that it is an "acquired taste" than you can go to hell.

if a fucking woman does something everybody hates it even when, if it were replaced with a man's voice, they would cream

if you don't like the beatles i disregard your opinion on music immediately.

Hip hop is EDM with rapping.

It's literally electronic dance music with more vocals.

Is she alright?

>Hey guys we talk about this record a lot, right?
>yeah
>Why don't we make a chart of good records that we talk about a lot?
>ok
>days pass
>LOL you liek le mem album ok pooter?
>yes
>HA such plen taest

I can understand that only listening to Sup Forumscore is incredibly retarded but dismissing all Sup Forumscore albums just because they're in a chart is pretty stupid. About 90% of albums on this chart are exceptional and dismissing them as "plebeian" or "a meme" just because they're talked about a lot on a Czechoslovakian Lawn Mowing forum makes you look like a full blown autistic faggot.

stop it

>the Beatles experimented with sgt pepper
Wew, that whole paragraph just to say that you're pleb? Being a pleb is fine but being an opinionated pleb that hates on things they don't enjoy is not

I fucking hate poptimist plebs on this board, they're even worse than kpopfags and waifufags because they're taken somewhat seriously.
All Sup Forumscore albums are actually pretty good, if you think otherwise you're a contrarian faggot
Generals are pretty much the only places where actual discussion happens
Tripfaggotry can be a good thing
A lot of IDM isn't good
Saying something is pretentious or whiny is not an argument
Saying folk music is simple is also not an argument
This place would be a lot better if people just saged, reported, and filtered obvious Sup Forums threads
Charts are a good idea
RYM is okay
Metalfags are the only fans not completely corrupted by autism

incorrect
correct

This is a good band, but no one agrees.

99% of "indie" "rock" is shit

>incorrect

Objectively correct actually.

This board is more cringe than youtube

lol

One of the highlights of Indie Landfill

you've activated my autism card
Hip Hop refers to the combination of Graffiti, Entrepreneurship, Breakdancing, Beatboxing, DJing, and Rapping (MCing).
Originally the first hip hop artists used turntable skills to manipulate old R&B, funk, and soul records by extending the break beats and then the MC would rap over that. Later they adopted Drum Kits and Synthesizers to create their own beats, which still don't sound like edm you fucking homo. Does beatboxing sound like edm? The main similarity is that they both come from Disco and Jamaican music.

All of that is Electronically produced music for dancing to, just like the dancehall and disco it came from.

There is nothing that separates hip hop from EDM.

>beatboxing
>electronically produced
hmmmmmm really makes me think

Nothing music related makes me more angry than people that buy records for the sole purpose of flipping them for 5x their MSRP
It pisses me off because all it does is take away that experience from real fans of the music. And it's always those fucking European pricks that do it. 90% of the time when I check discogs and see gouged prices, some fucking German or French asshole is trying to sell a "unopened unplayed perfect condition" copy of some record that I can't get anywhere else. Vinyl is meant to be played, not ratholed away to be sold for a profit.
And I know this isn't just because of "the recent vinyl hype" because these records are over 15 years old, still in the original shrink. Its disgusting. Play your records.

Actually current pillars of hip hop are:
1. Street Fashion
2. Street Fashion
3. Street Fashion
4. Street Fashion
5. The Film "The Fifth Element"

Wow, a few people beatbox, big whoop.

Also freestyling, can't do that shit with edm

>what is jungle
>what is grime

>Jpop
no
> kpop
99.99% correct

Radiohead isn't that great
Swans is alright when they sound country
There's more good country in the world that isn't Townes
Podfarm is an alright vst
Dronevil ~final~ was better than Flood overall
Line6 amps aren't terrible, they just aren't great
BTBAM is boring as shit
There aren't enough single tall thick big feet conservative girls in music
Kanye hasn't been good since 2010
Kendrick Kamar is boring as fuck
Drake is boring as fuck
Necros songs are only good when they're sad
none of you fuckers will sell the self titled by Peste Noire on Discogs so I can buy it
No body cares about Diane Cluck here as they should
Sierra Cassidy is the only worth sister in Cocorosie
Fender only makes good bases and amps

Fuck Hip Hop
Fuck the mainstream
Fuck metal
Fuck pop and poptimists

>he hasn't listened to Perfume-Triangle

sad

You can make EDM without electronic instruments too, still EDM, like hip hop

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9g4zYVG-rjM

Gutteral death metal and 'funny' gore/death albums can eat a dick, it's so fucking edgy it hurts.
Modern techno is awful, anything is fun on xtc, it's no excuse for your music to be totally shit and lazy.
Sup Forums manages to take the fun out of good and fun albums. We've found what we love and we're collectively meme-fucking it until it bleeds out in a corner of the internet and dies.

>i don't understand music genre or culture

Nice /adv/ crosspost. I thought I was there for a a sec, and I was gonna post a S A D B O Y S rant.
I like how you're so out of touch that in your b8 post you say Drake is boring, as if people fucking love him in the first place.

grime is pretty much a subgenre of hip hop
I've never heard jungle freestyling, and freestyling in itself is a rap (component of hip hop) concept
there are very clearly synthesizers in that video my man, and this shit is so disco it hurts. Also no freestyling there.

this thread is beginning to devolve into the classic 2 autists arguing about something irrelevent

disco is the worst music ever

Electronic
Dance
Music

From Bronx street parties and breakdancers to big festivals and concerts full of people dancing, hip hop is another part of the EDM umbrella, fact.

A crow looked at me is legitimately fantasitic, and I fucking hate the faggots saying it's shit

Are you a racist time traveler who only wants to hear Eagles and Led Zeppelin on his little AM radio

Well I'm tight with 30 Phillipenos that love guy

>grime is pretty much a subgenre of hip hop
lolno

Hip hop didn't invent rapping you dick

nah, it brought about a much needed change, but god i fucking have every disco song i've ever heard

yeah now the ball's in your court, I know jack shit about grime for the most part
grime is definitely heavily influenced by hip hop though
>hip hop didn't invent speaking in verse
what an astute observation
it's still the genre that uses it the most heavily and grime obviously took it from hip hop and not slam poetry or some shit

Hip-hop/Grime is shit: I can't understand their lyrics and when I can, I can't relate to their ghetto/Black stories.
Metal is for repressed fags and retards (despite the pointless musicianship).
I force myself to listen to Techno/House and I don't even go to clubs WTF

Grime tit from Jamaican music due to all the immigrants th the UK

But it originally and for a long time had fuck all to do with electronic music. It used non-electronic breakbeats and funk/soul records as backing to MCing and toasting. That's not electronic

Well I said the guy's boring as shit

>non-electronic breakbeats

That only existed because of using 2 turntables, the whole basis for the entirety of dance music lmao

fair enough
what?

Not him, but The Beatles DID experiment with Sgt. Pepper. Or are you calling him a pleb because he said it's a great album? You shoulda quoted that part in that case.

The use of turntables does not make it EDM. Lmao

I don't know anymore, fuck Drake

The Beatles 'experimented' in relation to pop music but in a wider concept, it had been done before just not in popular rock. I was calling him a pleb based on the rest of the paragraph t bh

>Metal is for repressed fags and retards
>I force myself to listen to Techno/House

I lol'd

pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb pleb

>Tame Impala is derivative trash and basically proof that you're a redditor if you enjoy it
>Tame Impala is also a further sign of how far rock has fallen as a genre, in that the "best" we have is a neo psych band with no testosterone whatsoever
>King Gizzard is in this same boat
>so is Mac demarco (even with all the memeing, he does seem like a nice guy though)
>Grimes is pretty decent disregarding the waifuism
>Though I think she has ghost producers, otherwise she is pretty talented if that's really her doing it all
>I don't give a fuck about St. Vincent
>MBDTF is very overrated but a good album, only gets fellated because pitchfork told you that it was a classic
>Graduation gets shit on but it is actually a great album and has pretty much no skips
>Barry Bonds gets shit on specifically when it's one of the coolest hip hop beats ever
>I'm sick of post-2010 kanye fans trying to act like they know anything
>Yeezus is shit and I don't care how many people said it was good, that has literally 0 meaning to me
>animal collective is pretty cool, not incredible like some of their fanboys claim but definitely not terrible
>IDLSIDGO is a terrible album, Doris was superior
>Cherry Bomb was shit on because of backlash against Tyler's hype and newfound fame with normies, it's actually one of the best post-2011 OF albums to date
>OF gets shit on because of backlash, but they actually opened a lot of doors and were influential in the internet era of hip hop
>Danny Brown is excellent and I will always love him, but Atrocity Exhibition simply wasn't that great
>the beats were lacking at a lot of points
>Ain't it funny's hook is kind of annoying, but I guess I understand why
>ITCOTCK is vastly overrated, but I can understand it's influence
>DSOTM gets shit on but it's still really good
>Later King Crimson is better than ITCOTCK
>Channel Orange was boring
>I don't care about Iceage
>I don't care about DIIV, or any of those other pitchfork approved bands I'm supposed to listen to

>Beatles
>Experimental
Pick one

Oasis is the greatest band of all time plebs, stop lying to yourselves

>testosterone
How to spot a meathead in one word

Not him, but you clearly dont know shit about music user.

hi montie

>anything except metal and rap

How were they experimental then big man?

What did they do that could be considered experimental? I'm honestly perplexed.

Mac Demarco makes boring albums. The singles are always good but the albums as a whole are not consistent in that respect

>IAOTS did absolutely nothing for me
>Regardless of memeing, Death Grips are to me a very good, influential group
>A lot of dadrock is good, accessible music
>Poptimism is annoying but there is SOME good pop out there being released these days
>Kendrick is good, but overrated
>I enjoyed GKMC musically more than TPAB
>TPAB was a good album, but overrated because muh politics
>Section 80 was terrible
>Kanye has been washed since Yeezus and it's clear he's just trying to "keep up with the kids"
>Kanye is not a genius
>Kanye needs 500 writers just to put together trash like TLOP
>Live Love ASAP was a great "mixtape" and it will go down as an important album of this era
>Wiz Khalifa, regardless of his lack of lyrical songwriting, makes good pop music (can be hit or miss)
>His beat selection is better than nearly every other rapper in this generation
>Freddie Gibbs is overrated
>Pinata was overrated, but a good listen
>MF Doom is an excellent MC, but overrated
>Madvillainy wasn't as enjoyable as MM Food to me
>Boards of Canada deserve all the praise they get
>Aphex Twin deserves all the praise he gets
>David Bowie deserves all the praise he gets
>"Emo" has pretty much always sucked, except for first wave
>Spiderland deserves all the praise it gets
>LUM is overrated on this board, but he's still good
>I can respect what the Beach Boys did, but I can't really into them, though I like a considerable amount of their stuff

Imagine giving this much of a fuck about hip-hop

That may be, but I feel it is sorely missing in a lot of today's "rock"

>If a song uses computers in it's production, it's electronic
>If a song uses synthesizers it's electronic

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just really stupid

>Imagine caring about music on a music board

inb4 "music"

They litteraly went from commercially big hits to making trippy subliminal shit on and off, they were the biggest band in the world while also making psychadelic stuff all together which by definition made it experimental during the peak of their carreer.

the guy i was replying to said
>You can make EDM without electronic instruments too, still EDM, like hip hop
when there were synths in the video

metal sucks for the most part and it's listeners are usually fedora lords. kendrick is fun but overrated as fuck and people think he's the second coming of god concerning hip hop that is. it's sad how some people here force themselves to like albums that just straight up sound like shit because of scene cred or whatever the equivalence is (ex. the shaggs). i don't know if TMR is actually good and it hasn't clicked, or it's actually shit like it sounds like and people just convince themselves it's good so they can feel patrician. half of the """popular""" acts on this board that get shit on for "selling out" or being "popular" aren't even really popular with "normal" people, but becuase so few of us interact with "normal" people, it seems to have lead to an echochamber that's out of touch with reality. i'd wager most of the hip hop haters and people who aren't just memeing when they use nu-male are probably just racists who are too deep in delusion to admit it or have some strange idea of masculinity. phil's new album is pretty bad and it's funny how admitting that makes you autistic and means you know nothing about art, music, or taste in general. lastly, i think i'm too fucking old for this board, i spend far to much time arguing/debating with people probably ten years younger than me because I have nothing else to do, and reddit has an even worse place to discuss music.

I don't get the appeal of The Smiths.
Tool is one of the worst bands of all time. If not THE worst.
Progressive rock fans are pretentious cunts.
Hurley is Weezer's third best album and it pains me that they abandoned that sound and just regressed to a bad rip-off of their first album.
The King of Limbs is Radiohead's best album.
Metal is fucking boring.
Sun Kil Moon and all that guys other projects are terrible.
Modest Mouse's new album was pretty good.
Piero Scruffy is the worst music critic that ever existed.
There have been no good double albums released in the last 15 years. The double album is dead.
Thom Yorke needs to get off his high horse.
Kendrick Lamar is decent at best.
The only good thing about K-pop is the aesthetics.
Vaporwave should have ended in 2012.
1977, 1991 and 2000 were the three best years for music.
Remain In Light is not even in the Talking Heads' top 5.

>Islands is the best King Crimson album, bar none
>Reverberation is low-key the patrician Echo and the Bunnymen album
>Hail to the Thief might be Radiohead's best album. What it lacks in flow/sequencing it makes up for in just how good every single song on it is
>Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is better than a good half of Radiohead's discography- I'd rate it above In Rainbows
>I get Mark Kozelek and Phil Elverum mixed up way too often
>Naked is the fourth best Talking Heads album, and Fear of Music is definitely their best
>Tales from Topographic Oceans is as good as, if not better than Close to the Edge. I don't get the hype for Fragile and The Yes Album, though Heart of the Sunrise is a great song. Also Jon Anderson's lyrics aren't that bad to be honest
>Holland is at least the third best Beach Boys album
>A Saucerful of Secrets > Piper at the Gates of Dawn
>That new Slowdive album better be at least half-decent. I don't expect too much, but I predict it'll be on-par with Just For a Day
>On that note, 5 EP might be the best thing Slowdive has ever released. In Mind is phenomenal
>Recurring is the best Spacemen 3 album
>Songs in A&E is one of the better Spiritualized albums, I might like it more than Pure Phase
>On the topic of Spiritualized, I'm fucking hyped for the new album. June 16th will be a glorious day- both a new Spiritualized LP and OK Computer's anniversary
>Centipede Hz is secretly one of the best AnCo albums
>The Fall is better than Plastic Beach, and I don't understand why it's so widely hated

>metal sucks for the most part and it's listeners are usually fedora lords.
>kendrick is decent but overrated as fuck and people think he's the second coming of god concerning hip hop that is.
>it's sad how some people here force themselves to like albums that just straight up sound like shit because of scene cred or whatever the equivalence is (ex. the shaggs).
>i don't know if TMR is actually good and it hasn't clicked, or it's actually shit like it sounds like and people just convince themselves it's good so they can feel patrician.
>half of the """popular""" acts on this board that get shit on for "selling out" or being "popular" aren't even really popular with "normal" people, but becuase so few of us interact with "normal" people, it seems to have lead to an echochamber that's out of touch with reality.
>i'd wager most of the hip hop haters are likely racists and the remainder just don't enjoy hip hop, but the latter are something i'd almost guarentee not the majority.
>People who use nu-male unironically have to have some strange idea that masculinity is only lisntening to edgy music, never expressing emotions outside anger, and having an extremely narrow minded musical taste.
>Phil's new album is pretty bad but most won't admit it, and those that do are get shit on endlessly whether they're memeing or not.
>lastly, i think i'm too fucking old for this board, i spend far to much time arguing/debating with people probably ten years younger than me because I have nothing else to do, and reddit has an even worse place to discuss music.

meme rap is all trash and should be confined to a general or banned outright.

>I'd wager most of the hip hop haters are racists
This is retarded.

how old are you?

>I wish I could kill all the memerap posters.
>shit sucks. Go listen to young thug, migos, or future.
>I don't like trap
>ITAOTS is a great album.
>The Beach Boys sucked ass.
>Pet Sounds is nothing special
>Love the MemeBoys posters though, last knight was hilarious
>808s and Heartbreaks only good songs were the singles
>Yeezus sucks donkey dick and was aging 6 months after its release
>MBDTF is good, not great
>Grimes sucks
>Frank Ocean is overrated af
>Channel Orange was fine but Blond is fucking terrible.
>you white kids need to listen to more old school gangster rap and R&B
Dr. Dre doesn't count.
>KPOP Generals get over 100 replies AT NIGHT Fucking virgins.
>St. Vincent is wildly underrated. Just a bunch of misogyny and sexism.
>St. Vincent threads need to stop though.
>Atrocity Exhibition is a mediocre album
>his voice is way too annoying on that album and you can't hear any potential memorable lines
>muh drugs
>muh I can't be a failure
>XXX is a classic though
>Kendrick Lamar has all the talent in the world
>yet he's still not great
>He needs to keep it simple his albums are bloated and corny
>stop switching up his voice
>King crimson is overrated
>ITCOTCK has only one good song "I Talk to the Wind"
>Death Grips suck and are and never were anything but a MEME
>Beatles are overrated
>some good songs though
>the white album is the epitomy of filler
>if you're racist or sexist have better arguments than nigger music, fat,whore, and sjw

Going by the outright racist contents of half the posts where people shit on the genre as a whole, I wouldn't say its that far from the truth. I did acknowledge that there certainly are people who just don't like hip hop as well you know. I could have worded the first part a bit better though.

I like you, Although I disagree with your view on the beatles (and especially the white album), beach boys, king crimson, and 808s, I respect your right to have those opinions and would still hang out with you.

:/

> poptimism ruined Sup Forums
> 99% of rap is garbage for suburban white kids daydreaming about being hood
> /bleep/'s pretending to be chavs is cringey and almost as stupid as their music
> radiohead are mediocre at best
> Sup Forums's fixation on hating things that are remotely masculine (metal, prog, classic rock, etc.) while getting incredibly bent-out-of-shape when someone calls them a nu-male is pathetic
> pitchfork was never good

> metal sucks
> people who hate on hip-hop must be racist
> masculinity is only ever expressing anger and being edgy

pic related. now go listen to Solange

>pic related. now go listen to Solange
I'm but I still found that pretty good. Also you pretty much proved my point about masculinity and people who use nu-male unironically as well.
> things that are remotely masculine (metal, prog, classic rock, etc.)
\m/ (>.

I was going to type up a clever reply but then I realized I'm talking to a 30yo that still goes on Sup Forums and that maybe that's like kicking a three-legged puppy

Everyone says nigger on Sup Forums user

>I was going to type up a clever reply but then I realized I'm talking to a 30yo that still goes on Sup Forums
I get bored, don't feel like going through interviews on private trackers to discuss music, and sadly this seems to be a decent place (more in the past it seems, but I think nostalgia is blurring my vision) to discuss artists I enjoy and their releases, as well as new releases by other artists. If you know of anywhere better I can go, please let me know by all means. But I'm pretty sure you had no response to type up in the first place so you used that ad hominem in place of one.
>maybe that's like kicking a three-legged puppy
nah i love animals
it's easy to tell when it's being used in irony and when used seriously, and the posts I'm usually referring to are the ones where we all both know damn well they aren't using it ironically.

Yeah, fair enough. I still don't think it's the majority. A lot of people end up shitting on hip hop in general because they're sick of seeing trap shit and Kendrick Lamar constantly spammed.

why is tool so bad

>seeing trap shit and Kendrick Lamar constantly spammed
trap shit is fun to listen to. although I can imagine it's hard to get into for most people and I guess it gets spammed here, I don't notice it as much as I do grimesposts or things of that nature though, could just be me.

Kendrickspamming is annoying, that is something I can agree with you on for sure (well it's existence at least, not sure if you find it annoying as well).

Threads can be easily hidden though and even without that being said, it shouldn't cause blind hate for an entire genre without giving it any sort of a chance, when sonically it can range from a wide variety of sounds and styles.

>why is tool so bad
I can't say explicitely, but I know being sandwiched in a car while it was being hotboxed and listening to stoned college kids try to explain to me how Lateralus "changed their fucking life, man" because they dropped acid at bonnaroo earlier that summer, made me hate the fucking band and their lame ass fucking music. To me it just sounds like nu-metal met incubus, and neither of those are good things.

I gotta get this off my chest,kind of a life story,but music related.
As someone who grew up listening to jazz and classical music. I was never very exposed to rock or pop music.
When I turned 20(in 2010) I decided to listen to pop music,so I did the same I did to discover my favs of jazz and of classical:looked for critics.
I was shocked. 90% of rock music sucked,at least the ones that were on top of the charts. There was still great,really great music, but most of it(nirvana,beatles,queen etc.) was so boring and pointless.
But I did love one band:the doors,and so I decided to listen to literally every rock record ever since 1965. It took me 4 years but I did it,then I decided to write my top albums in order to see if they would all show up on google and I found Scaruffi's site.

Y'all plebs that are happy with plain boring music that does nothing for you don't get what this rock critic did. He is virtually the only respectable critic I know of when it comes to rock,pitchfork is a darn cancer,rolling stone and all other magazines are sell outs...
and it amazes me that some of you fags know of this site and hate it,you can't be more contrarian. you hate him because he challanges your ideas,that the band your dead dad loved is shit. Well it is. And no one who took the time to listen to music fairly and gave a chance to everything will ever take bands like Radiohead seriously.
you're all ungrateful retards.