Hey Sup Forums, I'm in need of your knowledge towards PC's

Hey Sup Forums, I'm in need of your knowledge towards PC's.

I currently built a PC (my friend who know how to actually built it for me) and I think I may be having problems controlling my fan speed. I got an program to monitor my PC temp. and while I do light task (ie surf web and shit) it is around 35, but when I play GTA V it will go up to 60-61 and sometimes lags due to it. Is this normal? I was reading that this is on the high end and should usually be considered a max. How can I control my fan speed. ive tried a couple programs and have not been able to get it to work.

TL;DR How to a manually increase my PC's fan speed

i wouldnt suggest you tinker with the fan speed because you might fuck it up to a point where either the fans are always on the max even when idle or the fans are always on the lowest speed even when under high stress, 60-61C isnt high at all

just buy a fan controller

go into bios restart and spam delete or f12 what ever is for you mother board and most bios let you adjust fan speed

Im a bit concerned though since it is interfering with performance. I should be able to run GTA V no problem, but ive had to lower settings and even after a bit it will still lag.

Would that let me just set it at one speed as a constant?

install gentoo

are you sure you installed latest GPU drivers and all? I mean if your CPU temp was so bad that it had to lag the pc would prolly turn itself off due to the heat and you would really be able to feel it

Buy a console you foreign cunt

Do you have an asus motherboard? If you do, there is ASUS AI Suite which allows you to control fan speed based on cpu load IIRC. If you don't have an ASUS mobo your vendor probably has something similar you could use.

anything under 70C is fine

GPU and CPU?

dont download that shit it fucked up my fan speed, fans would rev up every few seconds, had to fix it manually

I believe so but ill doubel check thank you.
When I put my hand up to the vents it doesnt feel hot, barely a mild warmth. Im just nervous as this is my first PC and it was a big purchase for me.

I have an Xbox One, its shit in comparison. Also, not foreign. Twat

then you shouldnt have fucking build it yourself, you should have paid 10-15 bucks at some place where some guy who has actually done it before would it build it for you, and you can train on your old useless pc to assemble and disassemble

get DDU (Display driver uninstaller) and wipe all previous drivers from your system before you download more.

Guy's gotta learn somehow

60°C is a perfectly acceptable cpu or gpu temp. Once they hit low to mid 70s is when you should get a little concerned. Either way as long as the fans are plugged into the motherboard headers pretty much any modern bios should have fan speed controlling or at least fan profiles.
If for some wild reason it either doesn't have it or it doesn't work try speedfan for cpu fan and msiafterburner for gpu temp and make a fan curve.

60-61 C is well within safe territory for CPU temperature. Only worry about it if it starts going over 80 C, and even then damage shouldn't be occurring to the chip. Damage starts to occur at above 95 C or so.

by doing it with your old pc or spend like 30 bucks or something and get some cheap old pc and train on it, where a mistake wouldnt cost you hundreds

For anyone considering specs they are:

Intel i5 5400
MSI H110M Motherboard
Gforce GTX 1060 6gb
8Gb DDR4 Ram

Wondering still if he's talking about gpu or cpu.

Did you read the post? My friend was the one to put it together for me who is in school for Comp Sci/Eng

whats the cpu cooler?

well your friend might be retarded, tell him to pursue art or something

Probably stock. I read liquid cooling so I got a zalman cnps11x keeps it nice and cool. Doesn't get over 58c on prime 95

tbh liquid isnt that nessesary unless you have the money to spend or you are overclocking a lot

Everything is running fine don't worry about it

you should only start shitting yourself once something hits 80+

>how to check pc specs, i dont think you have the mental capacity for Sup Forums

It's not even fucking hard to build a PC. Just order everything required. Plug everything in, install your drivers and software and you're done. Unless you wanna SLI or something but in that case you would ask someone who knows.

Coolmaster Hyper 212 Evo

Hell even sli/cf is easy as fuck these days other than finding a proper mobo

Did you see those super Sonic rpms he has his fans set on?!

Seriously MSI what the fuck are you doing with your sensors

Try running hwmonitor or coretemp. If speedfan is throwing those kind of numbers you need a second opinion.

yea its easy until you apply too little or too much thermal paste or plug in something where it shouldnt be

As I said, first PC, still learning. You have to learn somehow

i think his pc is airborne by now

jesus fucking christ

its in the BIOS

Get more RAM, you should have at least 16gb

> I5 5400 2.70mhz
so you could afford a gtx 1060 but couldnt afford an actually future proof processor

Just realized that lmao

I installed Core temp, I dont see where it shows RPM but here are the readings

You're playing GTA with that shit of a cpu??

GTA v is heavily cpu orientated, GPU doesn't factor in much, and that cpu sucks ass so that is why you are getting bad performance, it's nothing to do with temps etc., it's just ur shitty cpu

I will be installing more RAM it was a budget build since I am a student.

I know I should of got a better processor but this will work for the time being until I can save. Poor student problems

no fucking wonder your cpu is cool with those rpm's. how fucking loud is that thing?

60°c is nothing to worry at all and if you're pc starts lagging, it has nothing to do with the gpu

under 70°C is damn fine, user

don't listen to this fag 8gb is enough for now. I would only get 16gb if you are starting to get into content creation

They must of been a false reading. Its silent.

Thank you. What would be a temp where I should be alarmed?

i have exactly same keyboiard op bretty nice

Nice trips.

Yea it was on sale mouse and keyboard for $30 CAD. Its not bad, would eventually like to get a silent mech keyboard

yeah it's a flawed reading anything over 3k rpm is loud as all fuck

85+ is where it starts to get pretty hot, also your comp will most likely have an auto shutoff temp (prob 95) so sitting under 60 is pretty good tbh.

Also: an i5 is fine for now, upgrade it in 8-12 months, sooner if you want to fuck around with VR stuff. More RAM is usually helpful, try have 12GB in there.

Double checked!

Yea I figured id get about a year or 2 out of it which was fine with me. I wont be doing VR just gaming. And yea ill be adding RAM soonish since its cheap

Don't listen to this fag, 8gb will frustrate you sooner than you think. It's not expensive and it opens you up your system's potential, especially with Windows 10 and all its background shit

OP here how do i delete system 32? i was told by someone on another forum that it would help with the lagging

Im OP, not that retarded you twat.

SHEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIT

Use msi afterburner