Is this true?

Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M-D5T8eKon8
youtube.com/watch?v=3e6D4mqpx9s
youtube.com/watch?v=ycMxpameSxQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean do Neofolk fans really burn police officers alive in giant wicker pyres?

The Bob Dylan thing is wrong, switch it with the girlfriend one.

Only the Bob Dylan part is true. Its for the most part just folk.

Why do right wingers always imagine the coolest hedonistic scenarios for everything?

because leftism is currently out of vogue

The old version of this meme was better and had more Julius Evola references. I'd post it, but I can't find it.

*doot doot*

Because right is the right way ;)

Things necessary to be a Neofolk fan

1. Whom the moon a night song sings
2. Incest sticks
3. candles
4. a personal totem
5. other essential survival tools for living in the woods (I gawt muh knioyfe iun muh pocket like uh alwehs got ih)

But that record costs hundreds of dollars, can I just listen to Tenhi instead?

Well I must have bought the thing at the right time, I only paid like $20 for it, but Tenhi's Saivo is fucking sick (This is the only picture I have because it's with the other half of my collection somewhere else)

Because they're no fun.

Yeah man. One of those bands where I heard them once and they immediately became one of my favorites.

Hell yeah, when I first found Whomen the Moon a Night Song Sings on youtube it led me to this song and I just fell in love. The hardened, dark, foggy, smokey vivid images they paint in your head is one that no other band has truly gotten. It's like Weiland Empyrium mixed with Death in June from a musical standpoint. Yes.

>tfw you sold your Tenhi and your Sol Invictus boxsets

Are there any more neo-folk memes? I'm loving this shit tbqh

What even is neofolk? Wikipedia is extremely vague about it.

I'm still trying but these songs were pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=M-D5T8eKon8
youtube.com/watch?v=3e6D4mqpx9s

Note: there's no piglet.

youtube.com/watch?v=ycMxpameSxQ

Yimbob Siu Shultz wanted to make black metal.
But Yimbob Siu Shultz's mom told Yimbob Siu Shultz that he didn't finish the dishes.
Yimbob Siu Shultz only got an acoustic guitar at the end of the third moon.
Yimbob Siu Shultz was sad and angry, but mostly sad. . . .
Yimbob Siu Shultz began to play Burzum and Darkthrone on his acoustic guitar.
Yimbob Siu Shultzs covers of these songs sounded rad.
Yimbob Siu Shultz began writting songs like black metal on his acoustic guitar.
Yimbob Siu Shultz called this style of music, NeoFolk.

where are you getting these? fucking gold tbqh

Its like a gloomy folk with references to European folklore, philosophy. Involved with industrial sometimes which is why some of them were martial attire. Death in June is one of the big flagship bands

the fuck is this

What are some NeoFolk core albums? The only artists I've heard of is Death in June.

just listen to some Current 93 and then you've had the works.

Current 93's discography, particularly Swastikas/Crooked Crosses and Earth Covers Earth.
Maybe some Sol Invictus.
Rome is alright.

way I got into industrial and neofolk is to start at throbbing gristle, then I got the enitre LAYLAH antirecords catalog, explored the artists I liked the most there and their genres
couple of neofolk albums on that label I think
another good source of obscure music is the NWW list

If I love pic what should my introduction to neofolk be?

Seals and Crofts - Diamond Girl

desu neofolk sucks.
I'd rather listen to traditional european folk music and rock than neofolk and neofolk does both far worse.

Thanks I will check it all out soon!

Boyd Rice the edgiest faggot

Is it a right wing genre or is that just a meme? If not, then why do all the bands larp as rightists and use far-right aesthetics and references in their work?

because 'right wing' is mostly about narcissism

>Is it a right wing genre or is that just a meme?
Neofolk is both right wing genre and a meme

Because in spite of the far right's assertion of being "practical" it is largely borne of aesthetics and abstract concepts better understood as imagery, and despite the far left being generally more open to creativity, it is the far right that produces the best aesthetic image.

>Is it a right wing genre or is that just a meme?

Some of them probably are. The main ones make clear they aren't despite a very low chance of backlash for being openly far right.

>why do all the bands larp as rightists and use far-right aesthetics and references in their work?

The same reason black metal kids wear facepaint - other guys did it earlier so that's the aesthetic.

The earlier guys mainly took the early industrial scene's use of fascist imagery, which was primarily transgressive and provocative in nature rather than legitimate endorsements of far right politic (think Sid Vicious in a swastika t-shirt), and expanded and furthered the aesthetic.

someone post the original costumes/genres pic