Why haven't there been any real rock stars since Kurt Cobain died?

Why haven't there been any real rock stars since Kurt Cobain died?

Other urls found in this thread:

flavorwire.com/449065/why-kurt-cobain-was-the-last-rock-star-an-interview-with-charles-r-cross
youtube.com/watch?v=CFFWF1DnZKM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VpmOTGungnA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why haven't there been any real rock stars since Jesus Christ died?

ftfy

Cobain wasn't a real rockstar, dude was a beta fag that couldn't handle it

Agreed

i beg to differ.

Since you like this fag, Ben Gibbard should be your rockstar

OP is someone getting the best of you?

This. Why does everyone hate nickelback? They're the shit

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Because DJs and Rappers

Prince and M.Jackson died after him. Those are stars.

true story amigo.... how i miss this guy

ITT youngfags who haven't graduated from high school yet
>Cobain was just another musician when he was alive
He became a martyr because of the way he died and the scandal about Courtney Love afterwards. He wasn't, and isn't, a god. Just another musician who died prematurely. There have been many better ones since, and there will continue to be better ones as the years pass. Stop falling for hot topic marketing.

nobody is saying he's a god or he's a good musician. i think nirvana made some good songs, but they aren't great.

he was the last true rock star, though.

define "rock star"
If you mean drugs and stuff, i'd say Lemmy was better

i'm talking about emerging rock stars. lemmy emerged over 15 years before kurt.

can't name anyone after kurt, i bet.

flavorwire.com/449065/why-kurt-cobain-was-the-last-rock-star-an-interview-with-charles-r-cross

Stop trusting shit tier clickbait sources as fact. The guy they're interviewing doesn't even write for a trusted source either.

kanye?

nirvana is the number 1 basic bitch band these days. their songs annoy me more than nickelback's because they're played on the radio all the goddamn time. how many million times can you hear smells like teen spirit before it gets old?

no idea what that link is and who those people are. sorry.

I'm more of an electro, but White stripes, Cage the Elephant... even Nightwish or Dragonforce are rock stars, I guess?

They're shit*

+1
Can't get enough of Molly's Lips or Dumb, though

Yes a mix of that shitty attitude and good songs
Foo fighters?

Probably cause they keep dying. It's not everyday a great music changer comes around

Agreed

I'd rather be a quiet acoustic indie musician living a sedentary lifestyle than a rockstar any day

rahat bırakın lan adamı şerefsizler

youtube.com/watch?v=CFFWF1DnZKM

Life moves on, great though they were!

R.I.P.

no-one likes you jason mraz

>basic bitch band
Exactly this. Faggots in high school buy their t-shirts at hot topic and think they're super cool for knowing about these bands literally everyone knows about.

Not like that faggot

If I ever see that faggot in real life, I'm going to fuck his face and scream "you're MINE".

No I meant jesus christ literally, not cobain

Best guitarist of all time?

wait he is dead?!

an even bigger problem is that if she tried to pull that shit on a non-faggot fan of nirvana, she would probably have no idea what she was talking about

D'Jango Reinhardt

big bad brad from linkin park

he really wasnt a very talented guitarist, most of the power of nirvana stems from the distortion

bradley nowell was a real rocker, died in '96

/thread and i'll fucking fight anyone who says otherwise.

Have you seen jimmy Somerville you faggot?
>legendary rock star

I seem to like
Eric Clapton
Kieth Richard
Prince
Guitarist for pink Floyd
But I still yet to listen to alot more rock I've only yet started

Dave Grohl, Jack White, Eddie Vedder. Check out Dave Grohl's documentary, Sound City, it's both entertaining and informative.

JAY REATARD

greatest guitarists?

david gilmour, stephen stills, and john mclaughlin.

Liam still acts like his same old self which is crazy.

This guy gets me
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VpmOTGungnA
The man did this with like three fingers

>Foo fighters

Dave a shit

I liked him a lot even though he was a bit of an asshole. There is no sun is a beautiful song

Pat Martino, John Mclaughlin, Dave Mustaine, Hendrix, Van Halen, and like a ton of others. There is no 'best guitarist' ever.

Jack White came close but was too much of an artfag and tryhard. Cage the elephant are sort of a joke.

There isn't one.

Should say best guitarists. There are so many styles it would be silly to just pick one guy.

>this guy isnt one

Sorry my bad dude I'll remember for next time

>Just another musician
.. who changed rock'n roll forever, and became the face of a generation.
>There have been many better ones since
who?
>Stop falling for hot topic marketing
capitalists gonna capitalism, not Cobain's fault.

Rap took over.

Rappers are the new rock stars.

Who's him? Justin Bieber's brother..?

Rap is on the way out. Shit is finally getting tired.

It was his writing that made him good. Not his technical abilities. That's for damn sure

>how many million times can you hear smells like teen spirit before it gets old?
the number may exist, but it's impossible to achieve in a human lifetime.

how many times exactly?

Graham's Number, is a good shot.

Are you dumb? The two top songs on the hot 100 billboards trap songs from Atlanta. Not to mention Designer's Panda hitting #1 a few months ago. Hip Hop is getting bigger than ever.

Canadian Nirvana was better
Anyone remember their single "Rake me"?

That's Kurt KaBang. He played for the Sex Pistols until he tried to ambush Varg and got stabbed 29 times when their tour bus wrecked into Buddy Holley's plane.

Dave Grohl killed Kurt Cobain

poseurs gonna pose, a band doesn't suddenly start sucking monkey ball just because someone wears a t-shirt, you moron.

if you discard a band because some asshat appropriates them like a fashion trend, then the actual joke is on you.

Jimi Hendrix

There is it's called queens of the Stone Age.

literally who?

No, it's just following the same pattern rock did. Right now hiphop is in it's 80's rock phase with too much weird experimentation and standard pop shit that's getting too stale. I give it another 5 years or so max until people just don't care at all.

The real question is who has a better voice? Cobain or grohl?

>changed rock'n roll forever
Says who exactly? Were you even old enough to vote when this man was alive?
>face of a generation
Says who exactly? The media that sensationalized his death yet ignored him throughout his entire career, leading him to the point of suicide?
>Who?
Stevie Ray Vaughan was still alive during Nirvanas musical career. Go fuck yourself.
>capitalists gonna capitalism
t. a Hot Topic faggot unironically wearing "anarchy" symbols on the shirt he bought from the mall

what's gonna replace it? I've been wondering this for some time.

>Hitler changed the world forever
Says who exactly? Were you even old enough to vote when this man was alive?

"BICH THEA ANT ANEE REEL ROKSTOR SINS HIM"
die

Dude foo fighters are just a band running of the coat tails of nirvana.

>Panda
Stopped reading. That one song represents the ENTIRETY of whats wrong with the rap genre right now. And citing trap just makes you look retarded. Anything counts as music if the bass line is heavy enough, even "booty booty fuck pussy get money kill niggas booty booty" and "igotbrawdsinallannachasendacardanascannahz". Literally can't even make out the words hes trying to use.

I don't really mean it's gonna get "replaced", I just mean it's not gonna have the same cultural relevancy. I have no idea what comes next though.

Dave Ghrol is a god send
Prove me wrong

Ahh, when all else fails compare it to Hitler. Classic.

I didn't ask about the bands you fucking autistic fuck. I asked who has the better voice. Read, idiot

>Nirvana has 2 songs that are well known to their "fans", rest of nevermind and the other albums are forgotten
>Foo fighters have well known songs everywhere
Dave learnt from Kurt, but he went way higher

Dumb cunt, did I say I fucking liked the song? I said it was a hit.
I highly doubt it. Everybody said this shit around early 2000s. Like I'd believe some cuck on b's opinion any way.

Not too late to convert to the master race.

Everyone is avoiding the question. Are you guys that retarded?

>Says who exactly?
a shit ton of critics, along with the majority of Gen X. But hey, if you fail to see that Nirvana (and grunge as a whole) revolutionized hard rock, then go ahead.

.. and no, the media DID NOT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM ignore him throughout his career, you twat, they lauded him "the John Lennon of Generation X" and vomited enough fame on his fragile ass, to make him eat two beans from a 12gauge.
>Stevie Ray Vaughan
seriously, dude... SRV was good, real good, maybe amongst the absolute, upper echelon of guitarists, but he sure as shit didn't revolutionize anything. He played the fucking blues, better than most and I love the guy, but he invented and revitalized shit all.>t. a Hot Topic faggot unironically wearing "anarchy" symbols on the shirt he bought from the mall
that's quite, but.. we don't have Hot Topic were I'm from, and seeing as I'm 41 I'd prolly be looked upon severely askew if I ever entered one. I wore Nirvana shirts before you were born, I for all I know I stopped wearing them around the time you were weaned off.

cheerio.

>oh noez he violated MURPIIZ LAW dat meens i win kekekekkek

this is not a reductio ad hitlerum, you infinite faggot.

Post fav nirvana songs!

my nigga

fucken kek, that was funny

>Gen X singlehandedly ruining this country right now
>praising them for literally anything

>SRV is better than Cobain
>revolutionized blues and revitalized an entire genre
Stop linking back to me you asspained teenage autist.