Hi Sup Forums I am terrified

hi Sup Forums I am terrified.

I'm not sure if anyone here will even be any help, or if it will just turn into a troll fest.. but I need some advice.

I am so scared of my surgery coming up this week.. I am so fucking terrified of being put under. I can't sleep. I can't fucking eat. All I think about is the surgery.

My biggest fear is not being in control of my body, waking up in the middle of surgery.. or becoming retarded as a result of a dumb surgin..

please someone help me. fuck. i have nobody to tell about this irl. i am so fucking scared oh my god.

Fear increases your odds of waking up in the middle of surgery.
It's a kind of survival instinct.
So just don't be scared, user.

You will probably get dope drugs

This
And what surgery are you talking about OP?

You're not gonna wake up and no doctor is gonna rek you while you're out, what's the surgery for btw? We'll be able to determine if you should really be scare

i know it does... i can't not be scared though. fuck my life. i've been awake since Wednesday. cant fucking relax.probably wont be sleeping.. legit can not sleep.

Also my wisdom teeth, all 4. they're impacted.. they've been impacted since 2013.. but i refused surgery and now theyre infected and growing puss n shit. my jaw is swollen too, they are growing into my fucking cheeks.

>waking up in the middle of surgery
Not going to happen with today's anesthesia.
You have nothing to worry about. I've been put under 3 times in the past 3 years. Wait a minute for the meds to take effect and wake up out of surgery. I was kind of worried during the first surgery because I was put under in the early 90's and woke up during, but not with how and what they're using these days.

thanks. for me, it's like if I'm not in control of my body. something may happen, and i won't be able to defend myself. i don't want to die. and there are risks and i have to sign shit.. and i dont know if i accept the risks.. fuck me

wisdom teeth?? Chill that's nothing. I thought you were getting your spine operated on by reading your posts. Chill tf out you're not even being cut open.

thanks user, my father described being put under as a "zipper closing" over his face..

I'm 21 for all who are curious.

He sorta scared me bad..

do heroin to warm yourself up.

>wisdom teeth
You'll be ok during the surgery, but afterward you're going to be one high motherfucker.
Mine were impacted too, do what they say to avoid dry sockets.

its still so scary :( i dont know what will happen.. i am so fucking scared. this is the first thing to ever happen to me bad. everything has been good.. and i cant tell anyone how scared i am because im usually not the one to be scared of stuff..

i've considered getting them out with local, but the thought of being awake while a tooth is being pulled is even worse.

OP, I´ve been in surgery four years ago. Doctors removed me some kind of gangrena in my intestine (really big deal) so don´t worry. You´ll be on heavy drugs and you´ll wake up on the next day so dope that you´ll see some shit around. Don´t get so stressed and relax bro. Good Luck.

Holy fuck calm down lmao, I know going under seems scary the firs time but seriously, it's just like you blink and you wake up high as fuck. wisdom teeth are nothing, brain surgery is fucking scary

You'll literally go under and wake up like no time has passed. I fucking like that.

Gangrena guy here, OP may I ask the reason of being operated?

it's legit like being dead.. and what if i look stupid while under and the surgen laughs.. holy shit dude. or what if someone fucking rapes me.

Yeah you nothing to worry about honestly, If you get the mask then the worst thing you have to worry about is the slight discomfort of the mask. Honestly the whole experience is pretty nice, go in with problems, possibly pain, go to sleep for a bit and then wake up to find that you're in much better condition.

WTF? too many horror movies bro. No doctor even cares if you have small dick or if you drool during the surgery.

"it's like being dead"
Being dead is no brain activity, it is nothing like being dead, dead is literally nothing, are you twelve or something because this is an abnormal amount of panic when all you are doing is going to sleep

I am 21, but i am a girl.. not a guy if that makes a difference, inb4 tits or gtfo. kys

but yeah.. i have intense anxiety.. i am really scared..

>wisdom teef
easy peasy japanesy

I've have 3 major ORIF ortho surgeries including full thickness skin grafts. Only one problem was during minor procedure when backing out a screw, remember the sound, pressure and bone smell.

Waifu had 4 major abdominal surgeries for cancer. It's the waking up that sucks. First time I've ever seen someone grayish-green yet still alive. She was screaming for death until they pushed IV dilaudid. again. and again. and again. the post op team were very impressed that a 130lb girl could handle enough opiates and still function.

What is there to be scared of?

Here are the possible outcomes...
1 you'll come out of it just fine
2 you'll die
3 you'll have something left inside of you and can take out a lawsuit on the hospital/surgeon for boku bucks

All three options sound better compared to whatever hell you currently live in.

Ever take anti-anxiety meds?

While it may not be pleasant just remind yourself that this, too, shall pass.

Plus you'll probably get some pretty excellent drugs afterward.

You do realize waifu is a term reserved for fantasy wives, right? Typically 2d females

Just don't worry about it. Nothing will happen to you, do you really think a doctor would risk getting the shit sued out of him, losing his license and go to prison? There'll be other people there too.
Where do you live?

im on 200 MG of Zoloft, and 50MG of prozac, it does not calm me.. i panic.. i panic, no solution at this point.. i just want to cry.

I live in Connecticut. United states.

kek´d
but user is right. In my experience the worst part is when the nurses stop administrating Lidocaine, the pain is a bitch, but eventually you´ll get over.

Then cry alot. after you cry a lot you´ll feel better

Get a new doctor. Zoloft and Prozac don't play well together. Zoloft & Seroquel work well for me.
You'll be fine, good doctors up there. Now, if you had said Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi or Alabama....

Never expose personal information...

Tits now you fucking cunt whore.

hey user,

been under twice in the past 3-4 years, first time for like an hour for wisdom teeth and 2nd for appendicitis, honestly unless youre in a third world country theres not much to worry about. you fall asleep, then wake up and its all over. just make sure you give them accurate info about your body weight etc. and you're in the clear.

if its just wisdom teeth then you'll be fine, the anesthesia they use these days will definitely keep you under long enough

Saying the state won't get anyone tracked down. I didn't ask for her address. Yet.

Fuck off faggot.

i have been. my throat hurts like hell and my eyes are bloodshot. i havn't even slept.

there are a billion people like me in my area.. chances of them finding who i am are slim to none, plus i didn't say the city.

dicks out for harambe
lol but seriously, chicks browse too. so gfys.

oo ok very true about the weight thing. i don't own a scale.. so hopefully they got one.

i won't be giving that, not retarded lol.

well, that's just... I'm not one to judge.

eh, maybe it's like his pet name for wife. Sorta cute if they're both the geeky type. Nothing wrong with finding compatible love.

Yeah bro, if its your wisdom teeth removal, you got nothing to worry about. Its a very minor surgery even at the stage that its at right now. You'll go under local anesthesia, be passed the fuck out and wake up feeling high as a kite. Don't worry about it bro you'll be fine.

thank you. i need to try to relax.. i can't get over the thought of being not in control of my body. it's so unsettling, you're basically giving control of the one thing that is you, to someone else. I overthink a lot. i'm aware.

A number of people have died due to this procedure. Good luck user.

Fucking girls I swear
As a guy I wouldn't give a fuck.
Turn to doctor before taking the stuff and say "Good nighto man, thanks for the good work" :ok_hand: salute and good night
Then wake up high as shit, "ayyyyyyyyyy"

Scariest thing to think about is what if you feel everything in the surgery and the anaesthetic just makes you forget it.

Have had 10 surgeries and I'm 20 yrs old. You'll be fine OP, if it's your first, you'll just wake up in the post surgery room, maybe vomit a bit n then get rolled out to your room. When ur there ur gonna fall back asleep. Dassit mang.

Not that many. In 2013, 82 died out of 29,975,459 people.

this, we're a bit old school geeky - nothing creepy/cosplay. also funnier than hurr durr "old ball and chain"

jesus, we've been together longer than 90% of b/tards
pic related

I don't know if they do this everywhere or where you live, but when I had surgery I had to watch a video, pretty long video, about all the potential risks, but the truth is that's just them covering their asses, it's extremely unlikely for something to go wrong in most surgeries. Though I should say, something did go wrong in mine but it was minor and causes me no pain, the weight listed on my driver's license was lower than my actual weight (I was a kid, still growing, didn't get fat or anything) so the anesthesia wasn't the right dose, I woke up about 15 minutes before they were done, but they used a numbing agent in addition to putting me under, so I didn't actually feel any pain. Still kind of a big fuck up on their part not asking me my weight or weighing me, just going off my license.

Just make sure someone records you coming out of anesthesia saying stupid shit about butt sex and BBC and post it all over the net.

My philosophy: You can't prove anything, everything's (very likely) a lie, and so I and everyone else are all wrong. God is the truth, that only he knows (not some dumbass faggot being in the sky)

I'm wrong about that toooooo (It's a paradox)

enjoy a bunch of strangers laughing at your genitals

or becoming retarded as a result of a dumb surgin..

Well, thanks to EQUALITY, you'll likely get one that is a surgeon that achieved that position through being a minority instead of one that got their due to merit or decent grades.

Equal rights apply in all things. We need to lower standards so marginalized people can practice medicine too.

Not that many, but OP probably googled the topic, read the accounts and is shitting bricks about now.

Yeah! That;'s EXACTLY how they prep you for a wisdom tooth procedure.

>or becoming retarded as a result of a dumb surgin..

80% of blacks that apply for med school are accepted, regardless of grades or qualification.

underage?

>Wisdom teeth removal
>Calls it SURGERY
>Is TERRIFIED
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Ahahaha.... Erm, you won't feel shit, stop being such a gigantic fucking pussy holy shit.

Are Americans such pussies that they are actually put to sleep for this? My doctor just numbed that area in my mouth and pulled every tooth out by wiggling and pulling hard. Put some cotton on that shit to soak the blood and go home.

Fucking LMAO OP

Your own fault in that case for not doing your homework and making sure you don't have some dumb nigger or some immigrant who has a medical license in Indiana working on you.

A guy I know had to get naked to have surgery on his hand. It's a perk of working on a surgical staff.

we always make jokes about small dicks during surgery....

I had a similar situation with a wisdom tooth about a decade ago. Full bony extraction surrounded by infection and a cyst. I'm also terrified of being put under so I told them just to use a local. They looked at me like I was crazy, but went ahead and did it anyway. Dr. Injected me with local and the left side of my face went instantly numb. It was like he flipped a switch. I heard them cutting through my jawbone for what seemed like 10 minutes, then they cut the tooth in half and removed it. cut out the infection/cyst and put me back together in about 25 minutes total. I never felt a thing. They gave me vicodin for the pain, but I fell asleep that night and missed my dosage. Woke up the next day and aside from looking like I got punched in the face, I was fine. Took a little tylenol later in the day and that was it. You'll be fine. Not being able to eat solid food for a week or two will be the worst of it.

Big deal, they remove them like real men in my country, you open your mouth and bite the curb and licensed medical professional stomps on the back of your head, then you go to a brothel and have vodka with cheap prostitute but refuse to pay after.

lol, that´s actually how it works

you might feel something after a couple of days, but the surgery is going to be a cakewalk

OP you'll be okay, as someone who's had a shit ton of brain surgeries since he was a kid and a ton of other stupid reasons to go under, you'll be just fine. Relax, joke around with nurses if you can, trust me the thing you'll look forward to most when you wake up is good food and the drugs they give you after

You won't be able to tell once you've woken up

Stop being a retarded crybaby. You don't even have to get a fucking incision. I had an inguinal hernia repair two weeks ago, I've been alternating between withdrawing from pain meds and being in intense pain because it was fucking huge and my left nut swelled up to the size of a goddamn baseball. Have some perspective and count your blessings you ungrateful piece of shit.

Chilean model Jhendelyn Núñez, allegedly asked for the photo be taken for her "personal use."

Ive had wisdoms done, its one of the best ops because its pretty simple but you get stellar meds for it. Easy pay day

>I'm so scared oh my god
what surgery, op?<
>WISDOM TEETH

And here I was somewhat concerned for op. That's never happening again.

Where do you live that you got great pain meds for it? They gave me fucking tylenol, I'm not joking, didn't do shit for the pain, I spent like a week holding bags of frozen peas to my face and that helped more than the tylenol did.

Im aus, and in the army so I got a week off and some endone

I had surgery once where I had to be put under. I woke up in a room with other people in beds, feeling better than I ever had before, with a sense of bliss and euphoria I had never experienced. Then I suddenly thought, "Oh shit, I must have died and this is the entrance to Heaven for people that died in surgery..."

LOL WISDOM TEETH??? LMFAO WTF.
Is this is a joke????
Nigga what??????
People get fucking brain surgeries. REAL SURGERIES.
and arent nearly as scared as you.

What's endone?

Dude. I had mine pulled while I was awake, when I was 31. If you're that scared of not waking up, do it that way.

I'm an anaesthetist. It'll be fine. You're young, fit and healthy. Risk approaching zero. Everyone afterwards is surprised surgery is over cos they can't even remember falling asleep. Intraop awareness typically only happens in emergency surgery (very rarely) or very old patients who we try to run on as little anaesthetic agent as possible (on account of their shitty old hearts). Seriously, you'll be fine.

I've never met anyone who has gotten anything less than vicoden for it lmao

You can't be made retarded from wisdom teeth surgery. The worst part is healing after the surgery but they give you painkillers that work pretty good. I was knocked out for mine, didn't even remember the IV going in. Relax.

I don't know why I seem to have gotten screwed on the pain meds, I don't know how severe this is compared to other kinds of wisdom teeth removal, but mine were impacted, which the way they explained it meant they had to break them up in to pieces and remove them piece by piece. Seems severe.

I dont know bro some sort of morphine tablet, cbf to look it up right now haha

You will probably get fucked in pussy while you are out ... Good luck newly used

Even if you wake up you won't feel anything because they use a separate local anesthetic for pain. The general anesthetic is just to keep you relaxed.

you're going to be suuuuuper fine. this is such a non-issue.

unless you're 80+ years old, you have 0 risk. and you will NOT wake up during.

pain? totally manageable.

you'll get there, you can ask for some anxiety medication, and from that point you'll wake up, and it someone will say "everything went fine". then you'll go home (or stay if you're scheduled to stay).

OP you're like me and worry WAY too much about surgery. it's sooooooooo easy.

ITT: OP is a fat fuck worried about some pain for his misdemeanors

Lmao, im having open heart surgery in a week. And you are crying about a tooth

FUCKING KEK

i am grateful for everything i have, i am so sorry for what you went through user. I hope you have many years of good health ahead.

i am so sorry. that is so terrifying too. i wish you the best. i am weak, you are strong. you are very brave!

I was clinically dead for 2 minutes during surgery

you are a faggot and should kill yourself

I forgot what my point was but kys anyway because your post was retarded

Damn user. I wish you the best. Had my gal bladder removed and teeth are nothing compared to that. Kinda like how my surgery is nothing compared to open heart surgery.

Funny how all the faggots on here joke about gore n shit but when they are under the knife shits real scary. kek

It's more like being a zombie. The stuff dentists use does not put you to sleep. You remain awake, but not really conscious. You can respond to simple commands and answer simple questions. The thinking part of your brain is turned off though, so you get no memory of the event and no response to pain.

I feel you OP, I too have an insane phobia of being put under. Best of luck, but don't worry, the doctors that put you under went to school specifically for anesthesiology. They know exactly what to do, and how much to give you. They're going 2 tell you to count 2 10, before you even get to 10, your lights out, boom you wake up, maybe a little sore, but a week from the surgery you should be good, based on what type of surgery it is

I wasn't actually worried about the gal bladder surgery. I watched a youtube video of one being performed while I was waiting for them to schedule it. I was in a massive amount of pain, so finding out that one of the most common surgeries would fix it was a relief. What hurt the most was the fucking bill. One 20 minute long surgery=$45k. My deductible was $5k which I'm still paying off.

>getting wisdom teeth removed in hospital because cheaper through medical
>option to get the gas
>why the fuck not?
>on the operating table
>they strap me to the table
>start an IV drip of something
>this stuff kinda burns
>reaches my balls
>HOLY FUCK NIGGERS MUST SCRATCH NOW
>would have furiously started clawing at my sac right there in front of everyone if I wasn't strapped down
>burning subsides
>doctor says he is going to give me the gas
>ask if I should count down
>he says sure start from 20
>start counting down
>get to 13
>not like in the movies where the person slowly peters off and falls asleep
>one second I feel fully awake and the next not
>having a dream
>walking down the street
>turn around
>FUCKING CLIFFRACER OUT OF NOWHERE
>start swinging my sword back and forth
>apparently I woke up at this point and was swinging my arm in real life
>nurse runs over and tells me to calm down and that I am in a hospital
>calmly explain to her that I was being attacked by a cliffracer
>what actually happened was I spit out a large wad of blood soaked Gauss onto my chest
>nurse grabs it and shoves it back into my mouth
>starts wheeling me somewhere
>next thing I remember I am in the car on the way home

thank you. I actually sing the ABCs