Kendrick Lamar - HUMBLE. thoughts

This man hasn't released one bad track in my opinion during his whole studio album career.

I'm seriously, into this new song so much. I know some people are calling it just generic commercial crap, but seriously. As pleb as it might be to say this, it really does get better with every listen. Go watch it a few more times. It starts feeling right by the 3rd time.

I am so, so excited.

PS: I guess this proves that tracklist that came out is BS, Nothing about "HUMBLE." on there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1R42mFx3_ss
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is so fucking amazing. Such an infectious hook.

I fucking hate the first verse, it just rubs me the wrong way. Rest of it is pretty promising

How many threads do we need for this one mediocre song?

how long before black twitter and pitchfork say he's talking to Trump despite having no evidence of such?

It's repetitive and annoying. But I'll go listen to it 3 more times and tell you if my opinion changes.

I mean it's not really a stretch at all. When was the last time you heard someone saying someone isn't humble?

youtube.com/watch?v=1R42mFx3_ss

I know. Really grows on you. Catchy as hell.
Fair enough.
Go home.
Just keep an open mind cleared, and think old school.

it's def a stretch. he called Trump out by name in the last song and Kenny isn't a bitch

The video is fucking fantastic.

The track I think will fit better in the record (just like I) imo but I still think it's great.

I strongly agree.

>This man hasn't released one bad track in my opinion
>he likes No Makeup

Check the catalog before making a duplicate thread you absolute faggot

Okay, okay you got me there.

Now that I think of it, also not a fan of Real, but that's it.

I definitely think it could fit better in an album's context but the song still sounds annoying to me. There are multiple parts that I do enjoy though.

obvious newfag

This is for discussion of the track. The other threads were announcing that it came out.

lol, no it is not. It would be different to say he is talking about Trump rather than just alluding to the possibility.

Is he right?

Are you actually this retarded?

Are you actually this new?

>my shitty blog post wouldn't get enough attention in someone elses thread so i made my own

If you weren't an attention whore you'd be discussing the track in the other thread, like everyone else. Crying newfag doesn't make you any less of a retard.

oh my god i am so triggered right now ;)

And you calling me an attention whore doesn't make you any less new. :^)

Thanks for letting me know you're not mad. That was definitely necessary.

Although I love this song i hope the album isn't all like this. I love kendrick's songs that are smooth and funky like These Walls y'know?

As was your comment to begin with.

I just feel like the same thing happened with "i". There were a lot of mixed feelings at the time, but it made a lot more sense when you could see how it fit into the album, that's why so many people I guess are assuming the same.

>12345
>I am the greates rapper alive

>hol up bitch
>be humble

Kendrick is retarded

Yeah I completely agree. I feel like this track will fit into the album kinda like how "Backseat Freestyle" did or "Alright". With a little bit more context in the album I'll love it even more.

It's bad but not that bad. Section 80 still had a lot of good content on it. Eh, at least his heart was in the right place.

Honestly this song alone BTFO's anything on More Life

im sure the songs you want will still be on the album judging by the beginning of the heart pt 4

Terrible beat, mediocre flow and delivery, uninspired lyrics and theme. One of Kendrick's worst tracks yet, and that's saying something. I'm sure Fantano will give this a strong 9.

that song is decent but the hook feels real out of place

Who has a 320 mp3?

>that fucking midi piano
It's humble, I guess.

Agreed except for
>This man hasn't released one bad track in my opinion during his whole studio album career.
What is Real, Compton, and everything from C4?

Tammys song sucks too

This + The Heart Pt. 4 sounds like kenny is ready to kill the game for good.
>i am the greatest rapper alive
>bitch sit down
Clearly kenny is gonna go for the throat on this album.
fuckn kek too right

Hes a Gemini his album could also be two sides about a subject

Real is great, Comptom is a bit cheesy but it fits

Kendrick fans are fucking retards, and would gladly eat his literal shit and think it's good

>NO DUDE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, HE'S MOCKING RAPPERS
>NO DUDE, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SHIT

I LIKE THE WAY YOU

getting the same vibe desu. He's never come off as this sure of himself. It seemed like everyone knew he was the best rapper but himself. now he knows it too and he's flexin. he wont do drake numbers but he's gonna do some big shit.

I said studio album career. C4 isn't a studio album.

It's not shit though, it's actually good

Absolute ass production. Sounds like generic shit from 3 years ago.
>inb4 its supposed to make fun of rappers
Hopsin did it better with no words.

Oh, right. Again, see Real and Compton.

Those are good songs though. The only song from Kendrick I dislike (from GKMC or TPAB) is Momma

Not gonna be my favorite Kendrick song but it's good. The video though is incredible.

This hook is boo boo

>Get the fuck off my stage I'm the seme
Tell me I heard that right

It's not good though, it's actually shit

>Kendrick album
>I hope every song isn't like this
Really?

Well that Grey Poupon commercial parody came out of nowhere but I'm not complaining

>The girl with the M
>The girl with the E

Thank god for booty.

I don't care if it's an ironic banger i genuinely love it

>myb left stroke just went viral
>right one might leave em in a spiral
his voice is so pleasant. Just like on Goosebumps

I HATED it on first listen, I thought "you gotta be kidding me, Kendrick goes trap?" but the thing is, he does it better than practically any other trap artist and he KNOWS it and that's what makes it so great (and the video is amazing too).

> but the thing is, he does it better than practically any other trap artist and he KNOWS it and that's what makes it so great
This. Is there anything Kendrick CANT do?

No, he's the greatist rapper alive honestly, he really is whether or not anything happens he still is. Even if his new shit flopped he's still literally a more talented rapper than anyone else. I hope you don't listen to soundcloud garbage, because that shit sounds terrible

look i like kendrick too but stop the dickriding jesus christ, he isn't actually saying much in the song.
just like a head-bopping tune that's pretty cool, nothing deep nor intellectual and there are tons of artists who do head-bopping trap better.

Without Kendrick I don't think I'd be alive

I bet you defend the shit out of Kanye's lyrics but because Kendrick is mainstream he can't have a fun single

literally the same exact thing happened with facts and people ripped that to shit too, shut the fuck up

And not going to lie, the AYE part on the second verse threw me off on the first listen. At first I was like "really? you're doing this basic rapper shit?" but i didnt even realize the lines behind that until the next listen. The lines have a killer rhyming scheme an are pretty clever, he's just ending them with aye.

>PS: I guess this proves that tracklist that came out is BS, Nothing about "HUMBLE." on there.

i guess you haven't heard of promotional singles before. that tracklist could still very well be valid; a ton of artists release singles that aren't on their albums for whatever reason. in fact, kendrick's done it before.

That's what The Heart Part 4 was. A promotional single. I just doubt this is too. It sounds like it belongs on an album.

Get the fuck out

Go to bed Fantano.

I'm betting the new album will have a religious theme.

um wtf? this is going to be his "eminem - encore" album

he said "I'm the sandman"

How can people hate Real? Compton's lame and should have been replaced with The Recipe but I get it, need the real shoutout to end things.

And bitch C4 goes hard as fuck.

>my left stroke just went viral
>right stoke put that bitch in a spiral

what if this song isn't on the album? really hoping right stroke coming soon yknow

my normie senses are tingling

HOW DOES HE KEEP FUCKING DOING IT

JESUS CHRIST WHY CAN'T I HAVE A FUCKING SLIVER OF TALENT THIS GUY HAS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In the comments of the video

Who fucking cares.

Hip hop is for children.

T R I G G E R E D

And here you, in this thread.

Awesome English. Good job, you fucking retard.

>nothing deep or intellectual
please fuckin leave. can the man not flex every now and then?
>tons of artists who do head-bobbing trap better
this doesn't sound like most trap rap and he rides the beat a lot differently than people like uzi or kodak do rn. it definitely sounds unique to him, please just stop

The scene with all the bald guys won me over. Instant download.

No thanks, I hate nigger music

Everything said here is undeniably true.

most rappers who put adlibs at the end of their lines have another rhyme before it, this is not something kendrick came up with