Who on Sup Forums dips? What's their favorite?

Who on Sup Forums dips? What's their favorite?

is that chewing tobacco? like putting a cigarette in your mouth and chewing it?

doesn't that shit taste disgusting? and have you seen mouth cancers that result? and are nicotine patches not available where you live?

and where do you spit that shit out? genuinely interested to hear how someone can rationalize this.

Depending on flavor it really doesn't taste bad. They have nicotine patches but it's not the same as smoking or chewing/dipping. The behavior becomes addictive as well. Yes it causes mouth cancer. You spit in a bottle or cup that's disposable. It starts just like smoking, peers encourage it and it just becomes an addiction to nicotine.

Swedish snus is the shit man

Grizzly straight long cut, the welfare bear.

Feels bad after you quit man, and for a while after.

okay.

when did they start calling it "dips"? why don't they call it "chaws" or "chewin' terbaccy" any more?

is it really a social activity? i'm trying to imagine a bunch of guys standing around with their cheeks bulging full of... tobacco, jaws working, occasionally trying to speak around it, brown spit juice dribbling out of their mouths, spitting it into cups and longing for the good old days when bars had spitoons to spit that shit into. i'd like to believe you, but that just sounds weird.

Most tobacco shops don't carry loose leaf chewing tobacco, or if they do they have a limited supply. The stuff in the cans is super finely ground and has much more juice compared to a pouch of loose leaf tobacco.

Copenhagen Long Cut. Its the original Copenhagen. Just good ol tobacco. Its the one that comes in the cardboard can. Its just over 5 bucks a can in Dallas but totally worth it. (Grizzly is about 3.50 a can)

OC Yee Yee

okay.

when i look at how this stuff is being marketed, and how people describe it, it looks like they're trying to introduce a kind of mystique, like "any idiot can smoke a cigarette, but WE are sophisticates, there are several brands and they are substantially different and dear god i am not at ALL like Cletus Spuckler."

anything to keep the kids addicted, i guess. it's a shame William Burroughs is dead.. he used to work in marketing, and he was a morphine addict for most of his life. i'm sure he could have given the tobacco companies a lot of handy hints.

huyuck!

*spit*

*ding*

Tobacco is probably the most pointless addiction it's like being addicted to a second version of eating that isn't as satisfying but you convince it is better, and the first version of eating normal food becomes less enjoyable because of it.

i remember Spike Milligan in his war diaries was amazed at the cigarette companies' business model. "We PAY for these things and then set them alight and they DISAPPEAR! and we have to buy MORE!"

ah, you have to love a drug that's considered by many to be more addictive than morphine. shame they have to mix it with so many carcinogenic chemicals to get it to burn properly.

Its like gum and cigs, different people like different brands and different flavors. So I guess ur super sophisticated if you chew gum now.

Got 2 logs I just got this week. Cope straight and wintergreen. 14 n change for a log around here in Illinois.

I have been dippi g for 7yrs or so. Over half my fraternity dips regularly as well. Fairly common thing at my school.

i've never tasted a cigarette, but if the smell is anything to go by, it's somewhere between kerosene and iodine.

i would like to meet someone who could claim with a straight face that they chaw baccy for the taste.

if they were trying to get the taste of semen out of their mouths, i might believe them.

You'll still get a buzz from nicotine gum, lozenges, and patches, some are addicted to inhaling smoke and the oxygen deprivation that comes with the nicotine. The chemicals probably have some strange effect on the process too.

wait, is it logs, or dips, or some other neologism? "brents"?

"yeah, ima head down the sev and pick up some brents."

is there a different paraphrase for CHEWING ON CIGARETTES in each state or something?

I live in buttfuck-your-sisterville and all I hear is how puches are for faggots, so fuck off faggot.

A log is a plastic sleeve of 5 tins.

So i have 5 tins of each flavor.

>The chemicals probably have some strange effect on the process too.

i imagine it's about habituation. smoke a cigarette, get a nicotine buzz, your brain associates the two. if you tried switching to patches, or shoving the stuff up your ass or under your foreskin, you'd already be addicted and the new way of taking it in wouldn't have the same kick, and therefore your brain wouldn't make the same associations.

the brain is an amazing organ. one of my favorites.

Copenhagen snuff. My favorite!!!!!

toned in down recently. Have gone from cop to general snus.

i'd be interested in who started the rumor that patches are for faggots.

like face cancer is manly, somehow. HELL YES BWAH YEW WILL CHEW THAT SHIT AND YEW WILL LIKE IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T RAISE NO PATCH-USING FAGNIT

i saw a copenhagen snuff video once. it was disgusting.

they kept missing the spittoon.

i meant pouches

Theres alot of names we call it

A pinch
A dip
A dap
A mud turkey
Lip gravy
5 finger slinger (a big dip)

A harriet tubman(a very big dip)
A frederick douglas(an even bigger dip)
A whole fucking undergroundrailroad( thats a fatass dip)

Also the term upperdecker (stick it in your top lip)

Term: gator-lip what your skin starts doin inaide your lip when you been throwin in alot of "hammers" (term for a large dip)

Key term: horshoe- a dip thats packed all the way around from corner to corner in you lip/cheek area. Also, the double horseshoe. Same, just add a upperdecker horseshoe

Grizzly dark mint, copenhagen gold tin when im treating myself

Copenhagen snuff one big. Pinch a day after my pint of vodka