Watching amoeba "what's in the bag" and TFW I find that I'm not even 1% as knowledgeable about music

watching amoeba "what's in the bag" and TFW I find that I'm not even 1% as knowledgeable about music

how do they know so much about obscure music?

so insecure, i am

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BXdztkrjdNI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Liturgy has the best episode

Amoeba's awesome, I hardly ever have any complaints about the store. I'd love to do one of these someday

i guess it'll be NMH, Kid A, and DeathGripes

>LISTENING TO MUSIC
>EVER

that was your first mistake

The only plans you should have for the future are blowing your worthless tripfag brains' out. Fuck off.

I'd honestly like to know as well because I was trying to think of an answer to your question but couldn't.

>obscure
this is where a lifetime of browsing Sup Forums will get you

Record labels give their bands a budget for inspiration. They go out and spend thousands a month on records bios and shit.

Stop listening to tame impala and radiohead, then

You mean the artists , right? They are other people like you or me that probably found it through friends family or online . Watch the cratediggers on YouTube and you'll get a look at people that know their stuff like peanutbutter wolf

ITT: Amoeba just interviews musicians, apparently

I didn't mean it like that but yeah the majority of them are .

Here's the peanutbutter wolf one
youtu.be/BXdztkrjdNI

seriously, I get weirder shit when I go to my record store in Ohio I'm sure I'd have a field day in that SF Amoeba

Pretty famous independent musician here, I was on there and they never ran it when I just picked Sup Forumscore
They also made me pay for all of the records

Hey Will

I already own all of those and find all but a handful of Death Grips' albums adequate. It'd mostly be dollar bin pickups of forgotten shoegaze and grunge artists I could talk about, maybe a rare album or two. If I happen to find a Death Grips album I don't have, I'll put it in the video just for you :)

I do make music and have plenty of industry connections. I'm excited for my future and working hard at it. You should work on making a good future too

just give up and listen to grimes and kanye west like the rest of the uneducated posers here

this is how. i watched lee ronaldo what's in my bag and i now listen to leo kottke and john fahey. you just research music that interests you

you have more resources than these people. it's also good to go to record stores and talk music with some people every once in awhile

>it's also good to go to record stores and talk music with some people every once in awhile
That requires talking to people. Being social.

It's dumb to feel insecure about your music taste but if you are saying you wish to look more into 'obscure' music then you need to stop looking for music however you currently are. Music reviewers, blogs, sites like RYM all mostly circlejerk over the same albums with this strange culture of viewing these albums as the objectively greatest music albums; as if objectivity even exists in art.

Record stores are great because they'll import a lot of records from all over the place. I'm not sure about Amoeba but a lot of less notable stores have odd records I would have never found.
If you're not interested in going the record store route then I would say use only one source: Discogs. There is no other site that can compete. It's free from the ratings culture (even though they do have the feature) and it's pretty much a large virtual record store. If you scroll down on the main page you browse and narrow down results with all of the parameters they have. Some of the greatest records I have ever listened to I have found through Discogs.

>le antisocial XD

i'm not really the most friendly social person but it's not that hard since they'll talk for fucking ever and drive the conversation because it's their job and they listen to music all the time.

>le antisocial XD

Do you think being antisocial is some sort of joke or something people do to seem "cool"?

It's a fucking nightmarish reality where even the most basic of human communication feels like a massive chore and one slight screw up will ruin your entire fucking week. I stuttered in front of a bank teller once and couldn't sleep for 2 days.

yeah i get it i'm not new to this at all but most of the people that i went to school with though were trans girls pretending to have severe anxiety and other bullshit for attention

wouldn't be surprised if they're shit posting on mu right now

>>>/tumblr/
Being antisocial is a meme on Sup Forums, go back to your safe space of you will be triggered like this in every thread.

>taking memes this seriously

It's this fucking tumblr meme spouting generation that's been ruining this site for years. Every year the cancer spreads more and more.

I came into this thread expecting it to be cool. Instead it's just people arguing. Jesus fuck

I get the feeling a lot of the artists they talk to didn't grow up with a preset canon, like they definitely didn't have "essentials charts" or flowcharts to work with, nor did they likely have the instant access to records that we enjoy now.

If I had to guess, they plundered their parents' collections, their friends', discovered names at shows, in books/magazines, on the radio, and on TV. Maybe they picked out a record just because the cover looked cool, or because it was in the bargain bin, and just went from there. It's speculative and kind of romantic, but as other people are saying, there are better ways to discover music than to be spoonfed Sup Forumscore every day

>some user on Sup Forums learning they aren't really that knowledgeable about music
My advice would be to stop coming here, that'll help you.

>cool
Sup Forums is so uncool it hurts

>wrote all the best Sonic Youth songs
>provides vocals on one of the best Dinosaur Jr. songs
>listens to John Fahey, Leo Kottke, and Sandy Bull

Can he be anymore based?

>I'm a fan of the Ethiopian jazz scene

Miranda Crossgrove FTW

see

See No reason to be so rude over something so silly

Basically what this guy said

If you want to find obscure music, don't just wait for Sup Forums or rym or any other music forum to spoonfeed it to you. Attend local shows, go to record stores and look for something you don't recognize that strikes your fancy, read up on some of your favorite artists and see what stuff they've done on the side, see who they've collaborated with and listen to some of their stuff, etc.

>mfw almost nobody here realizes the amazing shit you can find if you just try crate digging
you guys wouldn't be so close minded if you just tried listening to something you've never heard of every once in a while