Hey /b, I'm 18 and joining the USAF. I already took my ASVAB and scored a 76, but my highest score was in E with a 91...

Hey /b, I'm 18 and joining the USAF. I already took my ASVAB and scored a 76, but my highest score was in E with a 91. I really want to work on computers or with cyber security, but unfortunately I'm not sure what to narrow my choices down to. I go to MEPS next week, so advice on that would be nice too. Also, BMT advice? Training? Military life? Anything. Thanks! :)

you get to choose what you get to do in the air force? how do they get people to join the infantry if you could be sitting in a chair in Virginia?

>is that why they call you guys Chairforce?

Not so much choose per say, but you can choose up to 7 jobs. Then they select the job for you. But I've been told by plenty of sources that you're very likely to get one on your list.

Texan here want to join military soon not sure what branch yet.

They call it the "Chair-force" for a reason buddy.

If you want pussy, and to not BE a pussy, and to make a difference, join the Marines.

You'll want to kill yourself but its worth it in the end.

Source: havent killed myself and bitches love me

I don't know a whole lot about the other branches, but there are lots of jobs in AF that interested me. Check out the other branches and see what does it for you user?

No interest in marines. I'm in it for the technical skill and college. Besides, got a girlfriend.

Damn I got a 50 on the asvab

army fags love to pretend that everybody in the army is a grunt. The reality is that for every fighting soldier there are at least 5 support people who are just truck drivers, cooks etc.

I think chair force isn't really a good name for the air force. They have plenty of SO jobs as well as EOD, SERE, and other high risk jobs. Not to mention the pilots.

I'm contemplating the exact thing, but I heard the Navy can guarantee you the job you want. Naturally the higher your ASVAB score the higher your chance of getting your number one pick. I scored an 89 and they were pushing me to go into the nuclear program when I wanted the same rate as you do.

If you have a dream job and you can get it dont let them push you user. You all get payed the same.

Also, nice score.

That's actually why I backed out a few years ago, but Tucson was just rated as the least recovered city in America hence why I'm looking at it again. And here I am awake and can't sleep and log in to find your post and makes me think its time to join and start my career off right. I have been trying to break into IT for two years now and nothing...

Then go for it user! It's a life choice, but I'm sure after 4 years you'll have enough exp. to get into your own civ. job.

The AF website lists all the jobs available. 1B field is actual enlisted cyber defense, whereas the 3D field is all support and service provision. If you're into coding and computer science, go 1B. You can get a guaranteed job before leaving for BMT.

be all that you can be

Thanks user, I'll look into 1B.

80% of the infantry consists of cousin fucking rednecks that aren't smart enough to do anything else. Their culture praises bullet sponges so they think there's some soret of prestige in being a grunt.

Running around with a rifle on the ground shooting and getting shot at

Flying in a jet blowing important targets up thousands of feet away from danger

But hey. Bitches like bullet wounds right?

Fucking retard

BMT was a fucking joke 9 years ago and it's gotten even more laid back. Lots of yelling and mind games but super basic, hence the name.
Training is fast paced but if you're not an autistic retard you'll be fine.
Military life is a whole lot of dealing with dumb people and taking direction from dumb people in an authoritative position, but civvie life isn't much different. I'm in Europe and love to travel, so it's worth it.

Russian roulette though because you could end up back in Tuscon.

I see, I knew it got easier but I didn't know it was so laid back. Thanks.

I hope I get to travel. Id love to be stationed in germany

not who you're responding to, but you do know the marines have a larger air wing than the airforce does, right? it sounds ridiculous, but is true.

kinda makes you look like the retard imo

I've been enlisted for less than a year now, but so far it's easy to see that the air force is the only branch to go into if you respect yourself.

Kik me:abra124 I can answer any airforce questions

This

Marines also have guaranteed pilot slots for their officers LOL