Keep me distracted Sup Forums

Keep me distracted Sup Forums

I only had 16 shot of whiskey yesterday, opposed to my 22-25 I usually have. I'm trying to slowly taper off of being an alcoholic.

It's 8:50am and I'm trying to wait until 10am to have my first drink, but feel like I'm going to go nuts from the withdraws. Keep me distracted

Go to the hospital idiot. It's not like heroin, these withdrawals can be deadly.

Also, ask me any other questions..

>these withdrawals can be deadly.

I'm just getting "medium" withdrawls right now, nothing close to DT's are seizing; that would be at least 8 hours way and I juts need to go one more hour

Don't

forget

to

eat

bacon and eggs and you will be fine slowly tapering off, but for the next few days, don't hit zero, just sit on one or two.

don't ever go out without a flask and fill it with more than you need, only try and taper off when you are calm and you can count/remember shit.

this

good luck mate

the best way I found was to force myself to only have some when I have eaten, and always to eat bacon and eggs, and to ALWAYS have sauce on hand, because if you have something bland in your mouth you want to throw up eventually.

also, cleaning the pan over and over again keeps your brain and body working and keeps you grounded.

I got a fuck ton of "Ensure" (stuff they give old people who can't chew) and have been eating nothing but whole wheat bread, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and milk

Dude, it's not even worth doing alone. Get full medical and group therapy help.

do what you wish.. you don't have much months left anyway

>Dude, it's not even worth doing alone. Get full medical and group therapy help.

I can't take off work for detox, because they make you be locked in facility for 5 days.

>do what you wish.. you don't have much months left anyway

yeah, that's what im worried about

Do this, there's this miracle of a drug called ativan and it will keep you calm and not dead.

>ativan

In my area, they will only give that to you for anxiety; if you tell them you are withdrawling from alcohol, they won't give it to you (except maybe a single dose in the office) because of abuse potential

not fucking whole wheat you dipshit!

that shit saps nutrients from you

better to be redpilled right now while you're sobering up.

white bread only, not shit with added shit, just fucking white bread.
cooked food will do you good, not fucking bullshit salads and gay ass nigger food.

eggs and bacon gives you everything you need to keep your brain from getting damaged and keep your liver stocked with fat so you don't get it damaged from suddenly having to produce things it hasn't done in a while just trust me.

hobble down the shops and get some cheap eggs and bacon and make sandwiches with some hot sauce

Thanks a lot for the info user

don't listen to hostpital niggers, I did it myself and I never went to therapy.

everyone who says you "need help" is a cultist and wants you to become part of a fucking cult that believes that alcohol is magic and you will never be free from it's spell and if you ever ever ever in your life touch it again you will relapse and you can never have a normal life.

just eat bacon and eggs and calm down.

jack off and shit, that forces your body to make dopamine.

play some video games, and don't lose track of time, or skip meals.

yeah because the drug interaction can (and with 20 shots a day will probably) kill you. Go in and get help.

>eggs
For me that would increase the risk of vomiting.

Listen to online white noise: wind, ocean waves and water sounds.
Drink a lot of diet coke or tee. Take a warm shower to remove stress.

if you have trouble doing it, taper down every TWO days.

Don't fucking try and do it magically in a set period of time, you have a life and you can't fuck it up because someone told you on the internet that everyone quits just like that.

Yeah, fuck the "need help"/AA fags, guys give me the creeps

My biggest problem will be skipping meals...I'm just going to chug Ensure

no no diet coke, normal coke, sweeteners are heavy on the liver/kidney to digest.

Pour a shot in your ensure

I "jumpstarted" my taper to start with 16 shots a day and going to take 1 a day, w/ a day break every 2-3 days depending on how I'm feeling.

Once I get to 8 shots, I'm switching to beer

i'm looking to become an alcoholic, any advice op?

just try and eat eggs and bacon man, you need the vitamins and energy.

your body knows you can just keep drinking, and it will lie to you non stop that you have energy you don't because alcohol is a CRAZY easy source of energy for the body.

it spends like %5 of the energy it needs to turn alcohol into energy that it gets, whereas the next best source of energy (trans fats) require like 10%.

What is with all these egg and bacon comments?

>Pour a shot in your ensure

Probably wouldn't be bad with Irish Cream TBQH

>i'm looking to become an alcoholic, any advice op?

Honestly, you have to force yourself. I remember vividly the week I became an alcoholic. Each day, I didn't want to drink, but I literally forced myself to drink. Did this for about 6 days and then ever since, I have craved alcohol all day every day

don't switch, you can't count beers as well and they make your stomach fuller, and around that time oyu will want to throw up more.

yeah fukin assholes, im craving bacon and eggs now

I dunno, but when I went to detox, they shoveled sausage, bacon and eggs amd milk down our throat every morning

why were you forcing yourself? you wanted to numb reality? so it only took you roughly 1 week to start to crave it?

hnnnnggggggggggg fukin starving mate, please don't

If you have a problem going on that is so serious that you need to be locked up for 5 days that will be good enough to get you time off of work. They will understand. You get off the alcohol and you'll become a more productive worker anyway so they'll be benefited from letting you do this.

Do not try to do this alone and do not try to fuck around with treating these withdrawl symptoms on your own. Your health is in serious danger. You do not appreciate how severe this situation is or how hard it is to deal with this on your own. It has not sunken in yet.

Spend all of your time starting right now planning your trip to that detox. Any excuse you come up with tell it to fuck off and you make this happen. It needs to happen. You need to get off this alcohol before it kills you. I have never heard of somebody drinking as much as you. You need help.

>you wanted to numb reality?
yeah, pretty much

I had been drinking heavily for a couple of years, but could stop at anytime and never had physical or psychological cravings.....but after that week, I've had extreme physical cravings/withdraws if going more than 12-16 hours without a drink; and HUGE psychological cravings; which is often harder for me

Hey OP I sorta can relate I'm trying to taper off heroin.
I dropped into withdrawls yesterday with the works restless leg, chills and sweats, just liquid shit squirting out my ass it and the worst was the bone cutting anxiety and how mad I'd get at little shit.
I got a bag last night and used enough to get well.
Now I need to wait till I start withdrawing again before I'll take more.
It's not easy to do this alone
God speed and good luck OP you have me rooting for ya.

I hear ya on the chills, sweats, and liquid shit.

I sweat so much last night that my entire mattress is like a gallon of water was poured on it and I liquid shit 10 times in past 2 hours.....hopefully I will get through this and hope you do as well

can I ask what led to the drinking in the first place? a traumatic experience?

Yes,

Drinking is caused by a traumatic experience
Edgy people are edgy because they are hurt inside
Being racist is caused by secretly liking black dick

I am a "Normie Opinions" professor at safe space university

Yeah I litterally had to change my boxers a few times and my shirts with all the sweat. I don't really have advice as all of my advice would be how to deal with heroin wds but we are brother in overcoming an addiction I hope it helps.
It help me when I talk to people.

>can I ask what led to the drinking in the first place? a traumatic experience?

I got married to a woman with a kid (literally cucked myself).

She made numerous bad decisions that fucked us financially (e.g., making 100k-120k/yr depending on the year and still living paycheck to paycheck)

She raised her son to be a problem kid which has brought on tremendous stress and financial problems.

So I started drinking to avoid thinking about them and now that's all I do, somehow I still keep my job

Listen user, in the long run even taking off a week of work now will pay off a thousand fold.

Do it for you user, you deserve a healthy life. Check into the hospital.

Thanks for your kind words, it helps a ton talking to someone. Plus, I like talking with anons because I could never be honest; even with a cousnelor

Just torrent the prodigy, lay back and chillax man

Else Skinny Puppy if you want seizures

damn man, goodluck, hope you get through it all

Hey OP, I came up with a thought experiment for addicts such as yourself (no judgement)

Every time you take a drink, say out loud "I am not stronger than this"

Every time you press the shot glass, beer bottle, whatever to your lips say, out loud, "I am not stronger than this"

How long will it take until you realize you're stronger than the bottle?

Dude I feel the same way.
I was clean off heroin for 3 years before this recent relapse. Around September my gf of 3 years broke up with me and we also have a kid together now I love my son to death but she started to get lazy and not help so I started using again to try and just numb my self to it all.
Well shit got out of hand and now 12 hours after my last dose and I'm sick like a dog.
As of now we are working on our relationship so I'm trying to taper off heroin before she catches on.
I'm what you call a functional addict I believe you are too.

If he isnt stronger than a shitty middle aged woman with a kid already,then he probably isnt stronger than alcohol

pretty sure heroin withdrawls can kill you aswell

Dude that would kill an addict in a withdrawls mind set.
You already feel so helpless sayings it out loud to yourself will make it worse.

>pretty sure heroin withdrawls can kill you aswell

Actually, it is very very very rare

Very very common for alcohol and valium (and their pharmaceutical cousins)

You need like a 2 to 3 gram a day habit for it to kill you.
But I will agree they do make you feel like dieing

Hey, a lot of have been there or are there. I'm taking Suboxone and in group therapy(very, very useful and helpful) after being addicted to morphine for back surgeries.

You'd be wrong.

You clearly aren't an addict. You can't will that shit away, your brain is rewired. And he'll die just stopping. The body literally can't function without the chemicals it's used to getting.

>functional addict

No such thing m8. Barely functional maybe. Don't delude yourself. I would know.

It can if you're very unhealthy. You go through HELL withdrawing and your heart rate jacks up.

I've been through them before and genuinely attempted suicide because death seemed preferable, although towards the end I was using fenatyl because I couldn't get a proper fix for h

yo wassup NIGGA

You realize his body will shut down and he will die if he stops cold turkey?

hey wassup NIGGER

im having a beer right now,
dude where i live id you drank a different sort of beer everyday. you couldn't try all different beers in a lifetime.

i love it. beer is considered a staple food where i live.

Well I work i provide for my family and I'm not late on bills.
Maybe I'm just not that bad off yet. More the reason to stop now.

OP here, 8 minutes until I can start drinking; I genuinely appreciate yalls help on keeping me distracted

A few beers =/= 20+ shots

hey bud

yes that's why i'm not an alcoholic

Yeah man my last wd bout I was considering killing myself too.
But my son relies on me so I won't but I need to quit.

I'm guessing someone has already said it but go to a proper detox facility and get professional help

Seasoned drunks can't seem to drink enough beer without it just being a waste of time, a waste of money, and it really fucks up your stomach....

my beer consumption aside, have you ever tried smoking weed?
roll a joint, iut will calm you down and help you with the withdrawel.

Exactly, but do it right. It will get out of hand. You can make up a lost week of work. Just trust me user, get professional help. Your relapse rate is much better.

Just kill yourself alki faggot

I live in WA so yes I smoke weed lol.
Right now I have some fruity pebbles bho in a vape cart it helps me go to sleep during withdrawls.

dude i pay 0,60€ for half a liter of beer, and i drink arround 2 liters day. that 2,40€/day.
and its not a waste of time, it is enjoyment.

I was about 13 at the time, I didn't even know withdrawls were a thing when they hit, I also abused dmt and took a 7000ug dose of lsd in one sitting, so I basically lived over my bad trips hundreds of thousands of times, was absolute hell

Wiser words never spoken my friend I just don't do good in group settings NA was a waste of time.

my mother was an alcoholic and when she did withdrawels she always drank a lot of tomato juice. she said it helped.

Weed never helped me and I've actually never heard any first person accounts of it doing anything for actual addicts

Only ever had one bad shroom trip but yeah around 18 I started experimenting with drugs I found opiates and fell in love went from taking a few percs to snorting oxy 80s to heroin.
I can stand the wds like it's everything I hate about being sick times 100.

You need a good group desu. Give it another go. You can't do this alone, I'm sorry to say.
I'm begging you to do it right. If I can save one life or improve one then maybe I do have a purpose on this earth after all.

Interesting I also heard Immodium is a god sent for wd withdrawls that and Kratom and poppy seed tea. Never tried it but when I do make tgat final taper and jump off I have a list of remedies now lol.

user thank you. Really thank you reading that and seeing a total stranger cares about my wellbeing is making me misty eyed.
For you I will give it a go I do fear you are right for a month I've been trying to taper down and I've made no progress.
I love you user

Here's your first friendo, concentrates really help to redirect. A fat dab goes a long way to forget about feeling shitty and helps with sleep for me

I've tapered "successfully" a handful of times at home with booze, and even at best I still had about a week of long, shitty days. It was easily the least awful, but most of the times I actually meant to taper off I just cut my drinking down to the bare minimum to function for 3 or 4 days, then right back up.

I've been tapered in the hospital and that completely sucked both times, but I guess it sucked less than cold turkey or having a seizure.

I'm told in prison they will basically keep you knocked out with librium for a few days until you just withdraw from that.

good luck, try not to die or claw your skin off from the anxiety

Be careful with poppy tea, vile stuff. I like Keaton a lot better effects and safety wise

Kratom definatly helps, it opiat like substances in it.

anything worth doing is worth doing alone. Without other people to fuck it up or need things explained to them 100s of times

the tomato juice is to give all the minerals and vitamins back to your body which be washed out by the alcohol.

drinking booze is like drinking destilled water, it robsx your body of minerals.

OP will probably get addicted to the benzos if he goes to the doctor for alcohol withdrawl meds

Yeah I heard if you are not careful with poppy tea you can fuck up a taper I want to try Kratom I think I'll break down an order a bunch so when I jump off it won't be bad

i went into psychiatric treatment for oxycodone withdrawel (im no junky, i had them on prescription, in germany and thats very hard to get here). they put me on 10mg of shortterm benzos per day. so i had to do a benzo withdrawl after the oxy-withdrawel.

it was literally hell, i swear.

Still it's a good idea I mean with heroin wds you shit and vomit alot. Like piss out you ass just relaxing to let a fart out lol.

Did you go straight to the bathroom and sniff hairspray when you got home you fucking abo

I go thru this shit every 4 days or so. The only thing i can is drink Gatorade, water, and listen to talk radio. My mind is such a mess that i can't calm down by listening to music. Even my favorite shit irritates me in that state. So i end up listening to a lot of talk radio. Or TED Talks podcasts. NPR is good but it can get redundant. The low bur of scientific and technical content will keep your mind from going to shitty places getting down on yourself. Which will lead to relapse and you don't want that at the point you're at.

kek.

no i'm off the oxy's and benzos now. only taking navolgin(metamizol-natrium) against the chronic pain.

Sup Forumsros can actually care about Sup Forumsros

God speed user, God speed.
Fuck off faggot, you know jack shit.

That's not true. You get some during but not after. You have to be on them for awhile.

i know that feel, i also had liquid shit during oxycodone withdrawel. no vomiting tho.

>Like piss out you ass just relaxing to let a fart out lol.

Kek, so much this. I needed about 16 mg of imodium to get semi normal. You literally piss out of your ass. All liquid, so water and gatorade is essential. Even better is that pediatric drink stuff.

oxybro here:
i also wish you best luck from the bottom of my heart. living clean feels so much better, and cordialbro is right, team up. look for a selfd-help group, the relapse rates are indeed much much lower.

>cordialbro
Who is that itt?